Mark Janney Thunderbolt

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

Amidst all the (mostly understandable) gloom on here I thought I'd post a positive nostagic note of the 20th anniversary of our FA Cup win at Lincoln. It was the first time supporting my non league club, from Leytonstone in the mid 60's onwards, that we had beaten league opposition.And, of course, Charlton came next.
I drove to Lincoln and back that day and on return joined some friends for a meal out. They seemed baffled by my excitement still not cooled after the drive. That still rankles to this day!
I'm sure others have memories of that match...
DI Mike Dashwood

Oh my word!!! 20 years ago!!!

That has made me feel very nostalgic but also a little bit depressed in all honesty (where has 20 years gone)!!!

Was a great day. League success is great, and those promotions were all remarkable, but there is something about the Cup/Trophy, and that was the start of three brilliant years in the FA Cup.
Alan

Moments after their keeper got man of the match.
Auntie Merge

I remember it well. Firstly, I had the hangover from
hell after a rather extended Christmas lunch which was the stuff of legends. I remember the person sitting next to me on the coach being shocked when they overheard me on my mobile explaining something that happened!!!

It was also the first Daggers away game I’d been to since my father died the year before. He hated me going to football.

I was behind the goal in the top right hand corner. Will never forget that goal because it reminded me how much I loved football, loved the Daggers and how much I had missed it (work had kept me away for the best part of 3 years).
Penfold

Alan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:51 pm Moments after their keeper got man of the match.
Think it got announced just before the pea trickler went in. Peter Gain tried to clear it off the line
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Alan

That’s what I meant - the goal was moments after - not clear from my original posting.

The keeper, Matthew Ghent, went on to enjoy convictions for stalking ex-girlfriends and spent time inside for assaulting one of them (including kicking her in the stomach whilst pregnant) and grabbed some attention by posting online a picture of himself in a bath filled with bank notes.