Dover

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

There couldn't be a worse place to be playing that fixture at present! I wonder if it will get postponed if a deal can't be done on cross border transport?
Diggerthedog

On TV I very much doubt it will be cancelled, the french will open the border today or tomorrow and the backlog of fright will be gone by Saturday.
Penfold

hockley dagger wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:54 am There couldn't be a worse place to be playing that fixture at present! I wonder if it will get postponed if a deal can't be done on cross border transport?
BT Sport wouldn't cancel it in any case, it is the highlight game of the day :lol:
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
hockley dagger

Traffic looks grim in the town. I guess it may boil down to whether ferries run on Friday. No word from the club so I guess it's on.
Dagdale

Great win on what seems terrible conditions well done lads, didn't catch the game on BTSport but saw the goal and taken well by Balants, three on the spin now and at last a bit of happiness going out of this dredged year
Mark

Penalty aside it was near total domination but we have to be more ruthless as those 5 minute spells the opposition inevitably have will yield a goal eventually. Should've scored at least 3 today.
BB-Dagger

Wasn’t the best of performances but 3 points is what was needed, senseless penalty given away but fortunately the guy who took it was sh1t and Elliot is superb, we should have wrapped it up with another couple of goals but the weather was appalling.
Dag82

Unconvincing, but another 3 points, and we are starting to move up the table.

The biggest positive for me though, was that again the spirit and attitude, was spot on.
Diggerthedog

Credit to the manager changed two players at half time to half the second yellow risk and give us a bit of pace with Weston who set up the winner. Shocking pitch, how teams get away with having these types of surfaces is beyond me and before long they will get plenty of games off.

Dover at home next which is another must winnable game, need to put these types of games to bed early with a second goal,
SUSSEX DAGGER

Last 7 away games have mustered 13 points out of 18 and in old money a cup replay against higher opposistion.

That form wins Championships.

Sadly home form remains dire .

Only problems Dover gave us we created ourselves.

Fussy ref who has a bigger ego then his Old Man along with the conditions makes that a good win if not convincing.

This team is proving that it certainly has it ,but simply refuses to score
DaggerJoel11

Alongside Weymouth a few weeks ago, that's the second time we've been leading, seemingly convincingly, against a struggling side who've been reduced to ten men and then somehow managed to make it really nervy for ourselves.

That bit of quality at either end from two of our most reliable performers, Justham and Balanta, was the difference. 3 away wins in a row now though and we've already equalled the four times we won on our travels last year.

Shame we don't have that game Monday to build further momentum.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
rebeldagger

I was pleased with the win, a gritty win on an awful pitch against a side that is struggling. Seems that we have finally clicked and with players coming back from injury and two loans we should be fairly comfortable.

Yet, still we seem to allow teams back into it and give ourselves a nervy few minutes, that would be the next area I think we would need to work on.

All in all, solid three points.
DaggerJoel11

Match Report: Dover 0 Daggers 1

The Daggers rounded off a turbulent year with a scrappy triumph at Dover that ought to have been more convincing in the circumstances.

However, it's a third away win in a row as the team continue to turn a corner. My match report and player ratings here: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -1-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Loads of positives there despite the lack of goals... Can't think of another team in this League that wouldn't fit McCallum and Balanta in to their starting XI and still convinced there isn't a better keeper than Justham in Non-League. Sadly the creative players behind the front men and the defence in the front of the keeper, early in the season were seriously poor.

Feel like McQueen is a goal away from a serious run, with his movement and link up play with McCallum... although a work colleague reminded me yesterday that I made similar comments about Gavin Tomlin a few years back :innocent:
Penfold

Lcbdagger wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:19 am Loads of positives there despite the lack of goals... Can't think of another team in this League that wouldn't fit McCallum and Balanta in to their starting XI and still convinced there isn't a better keeper than Justham in Non-League. Sadly the creative players behind the front men and the defence in the front of the keeper, early in the season were seriously poor.

Feel like McQueen is a goal away from a serious run, with his movement and link up play with McCallum... although a work colleague reminded me yesterday that I made similar comments about Gavin Tomlin a few years back :innocent:
McQueen has actually shown some promise compared to Tomlin. However, it wouldn't surprise me if McQueen had a baron run like Tomlin as we have always been cursed with fantastic players not performing for us, then going out on loan and having the same form which brought them to us. A few examples:
  • Lenny Piper
  • Ashley Chambers
  • Matt McClure
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"