Time to postpone the season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Another match off, 75% of the country in tier 4, infection rates increasing.

The way things are there will be a massive imbalance between the clubs in the league if some teams end up way behind on matches played.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Penfold

While it would be unfair on those teams who are genuinely following the protocols and keeping Covid free, it does seem inevitable.

On our game being postponed due to an investigation, if a player/staff member has flouted the rules and caught covid because they spent Xmas with people outside of their household, should they be penalised?

NFL team Washington released their QB because of flouting the rules.
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
Mark

It's getting to the point where football outside of the premiership can't continue. At a time when the NHS are fighting a losing battle, it seems completely irresponsible for a couple of thousand blokes to spread the virus around even further. This isn't the millionaire life where the players can afford to keep their whole family isolated in their house, our players have working wives and girlfriends, and kids going to nurseries and schools. It's even worse in the division below where the players are working manual jobs on top of football and spreading it further.

I don't see how the season can finish. Dover have to play 34 games in 20 weeks starting next Saturday, I'll be amazed if they aren't on 3 games a week by March. This isn't going anywhere til the vaccine is widely administered, which is going to be at least another 3 months.
Diggerthedog

Wait until we’re in the play offs on PPG then postpone it!
DevonDagger

Clearly a tricky and sensitive one, but if the season is postponed, when does it resume? I've got a feeling the current situation will alter very little until Easter. If you are talking about a pause, it would need to be a long one because I don't believe 2 or 3 weeks will much impact at all. Football in my opinion has done fairly well in containing it, until the infection rates across the whole country reduced, football is always going to have it creep in.
Dagger83

Another match postponed.

Rochdale CEO talks of the inevitability of a postponement. It's only a matter of time. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55530424
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HGDagger

Should never have cancelled last season, should have just continued it into this year
Diggerthedog

It is going to be tricky to finish the season but with vaccines coming available there is a good just it should be ok. If vaccines are eventually made private like the Flu jab no reason why our players cant receive it via medical insurance they surely must have.
Diggerthedog

North and South now suspended for two weeks, more over money rows than covid.
HGDagger

Yes