Chesterfield (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JohnP

Little doubt that an eleven-man Chesterfield would have won that very easily.
The last sub I found a bit weird as well, surely with them tiring a bit more pace would have been a better option, maybe Mcqueen for Mccallum?
hockley dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:57 pm We played 10 men for 84 minutes and shipped two goals. Ok some times it's hard to break down 10 men as we proved they other week but to concede two is an embarrassment.

Another 2 points dropped in the circumstances and it is was only the ability of one player to give it a go , who did not even start, that it was not more.

Shocking and it's time to dump the chump
Didn't a former manager speak of the difficulty of playing against 10 men?

I hope the club are thinking how to entice people back after lockdown. I don't think crowds will flock back to watch this standard of perhormance.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

So excited for the season to be called off. Looking forward to august with no Clark and hopefully a decision on the future of the manager
Diggerthedog

80 mins against ten men and all we get is a point thanks to a wonder strike?

He throws in a player who has not played football since Wuhan went into lockdown hauled of at half time?

Weston rushed back again and hauled off at half time?

Three centre backs against 10 men and we concede two?

What the ****** is this moron doing with this very generous budget, sack him now before we’re relegated and have you seen our next month of fixtures. Shudder.

Absolute Shambles. McMahon Out.
Dagdale

Surely there's been so much game time passed to put this is full swing by now, a fairly well balanced side with a forward game plan? Decent money this level spent and what seemed a lieutenant at the helm young and ambitious where's it all gone wrong? Every month ticking by daggers do grab the odd win no doubt but we just don't have the full package were so inconsistent,, don't think not one of us, the supporters thought we'd storm this Division but every one of us was certainly expecting something better.
BB-Dagger

A couple of things would appease supporters, effort and movement, watching games I see neither of these and for one player in particular I just don’t know what his instructions from the manager must be, Brundle gets in good positions when attacking but defending he marks nobody! He does a good point, but he’s like a schoolboy following the ball and does nothing. As for Deering... he is going to be dropped surely at Wrexham, last time he played well he was left out, and look what happened to Robinson after his man of the match performance.. hasn’t started since!
Mark

I've got no idea what the manager sees in Brundle. In a midfield 2 he's basically pointless, works hard but as you say he just seems to follow the ball around, slightly behind play the entire game. His main contribution is to pass the ball backwards whenever he gets it, he misplaces at least half of anything he tries to play into the forwards, and he always loses the ball when he's closed down because he's go no close control. Sometimes the game seems to pass him by for minutes on end and he's a central midfielder!

I saw a stat that he has one of the highest "second ball pickups" in the league, which is all well and good until you realise he immediately gives it back to them on most of those occasions.

His only real ability is to arrive late in the box, in which case he needs to be the more attacking of a 3, but Deering is better in that role anyway. Yesterday against ten men he needed to get into the box but he just ambled around just inside the opposition half contributing nothing.
redboy

Everyday is a bit like Groundhog day atm but for The Daggers its Groundhog season. When was the last time we were around half way in and speculating about play off or promotion prospects. As usual, we are berating the manager, players and the board. If these yanks are serious, afterall they should be as its their money getting burned here they need a total clear out. The club lacks ambition, nous, desire and professionalism. We rely on dinosaurs, old pals act and journeymen looking for a meal ticket. Business should be ruthless. This isnt a blip, a bad season disrupted by injuries etc, its another one overseen by inept management and underachievement. I really hope the yanks read this forum as there have been many excellent posts here recently. The fans have suffered for many years now and know more about the club than anyone. Time to listen to your lifeblood and take some action!
Alan

I really don’t think you can say that there has been a lack of ambition. They went out and got a manager who, on paper, has got teams to play offs and they backed him financially. The manager has however invested poorly. The team have gone backwards. The high tempo performances of his first few months in charge have been replaced by ponderous and predictable football. We’ve got a centre forward who thrives on crosses and he didn’t recruit quality to provide crosses. Brundle nips in with a goal here and there, but his general play is ponderous and wasteful with the ball - it’s symptomatic of the way the whole team plays.
jag

Here we go again, was my thinking after watching last weeks Kings Lynn thriller, Chesterfield even with 10 men seemed to be much more clued up on how to play and achieve what they had as a plan, our team at times were just going through the motions, I wonder how the team must have felt when this new player was put straight into the team and who has not had a game for ages? I have noticed this before and not just in the Dagenham team, some players must be wondering what is going on and get lethargic in attitude, still back to the game and some positives, Sam saves us from embarrassment with a brilliant goal, the first goal was also great, annoyingly the bloody ref was awful allowing the Chesterfield keeper and their players to time waste throughout the game after the sending off, the ref gave him a yellow card and immediately afterwards the keeper continues to do the same thing, as James and Mick said on their commentary it was so frustrating, they call this playing the game out I call it cheating and the referees should take a more stricter attitude to this time wasting. I have now vented my spleen!!
Pablo

The manager apparently thought that that was 'a good performance '! Well, well .!
Dagdale

When the squad under DM was getting transformed thought and know it was their backgrounds Weston and Darren McQueen were going to be the pioneers on the wings for the more predator McCallum centre, just don't seem to be working does it? Beginning of the season I was to believe with all the newbies floating in the package of players looked very promising and practically the squad was the complete article, now unless there's something like I'm missing like an injury or two which hasn't been documented I can't understand how not for the first time a player is within a day or two of a game or even less purchased by either a loan or whatever and jettison into the match day line-up straight away and even more strange Sagof from Carlisle hasn't been playing too much of late, quite odd?