Club Vacancy: Media Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills.
https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-MSNR1uZ ... etyRG5CM-Q
daggersjeff

I’d apply if I was a bit younger!!! :thumbu:

I do hope that whoever gets the job, employs a match report writer, or do it themselves.

Our match reports are appalling, heavy with grammar and spelling mistakes. It makes our “ professionalism” a joke! They are obviously written from notes, with a poor attempt at embellishment. IE Last Saturday’s report “ Daggers having come from a two goal deficit” At what point were we 0-2 down against Chesterfield?
Auntie Merge

daggersjeff wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:06 am I’d apply if I was a bit younger!!! :thumbu:

I do hope that whoever gets the job, employs a match report writer, or do it themselves.

Our match reports are appalling, heavy with grammar and spelling mistakes. It makes our “ professionalism” a joke! They are obviously written from notes, with a poor attempt at embellishment. IE Last Saturday’s report “ Daggers having come from a two goal deficit” At what point were we 0-2 down against Chesterfield?
We may not have been 2 goals down but at certain times it felt like we were. :ermm:
Kevin

You can write most of it before the match..

"After a disappointing start, where the Daggers found themselves X-0 down in the opening 30 minutes, some improvement was shown for the remainder of the half - with Paul McCallum heading over the bar, and Brundle hitting an effort from 45 yards out straight at the goalkeeper.

McMahon made changes in personnel and formations at half time, resulting in substitute Sam Deering volleying in from the edge of the box - an impressive strike, hitting the ball first time from Paul McCallum's mis-directed header away from goal, following the Daggers first corner of the match.

With the home side pressing for an equaliser, (*insert ex-Daggers players name) outpaced the defence to fire in the away sides third goal. This was especially hard on the outstanding Elliot Justham, who had just completed his 84th save of the match moments earlier.

Matters were compounded in injury time, when Kenny Clark was sent off for a second bookable offence - despite being an unused substitute.

After the final whistle, Daryl McMahon said, "We really lack consistency. I spoke to the players before the game that we needed to be more consistent - which has been a consistent theme of mine. Now that we have played more than (*insert percentage of the season here)% of the season, the players need to improve quickly - otherwise, I'll have to sign 2 or 3 new midfielders for next week"

:blink: