Notts County Match

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JohnP

Interview on the club website now
I reckon he needed some space to gather his thoughts before saying anything publicly.
Pretty honest interview I thought and at the end of the day it's the players who are letting him down.
That said, it's his responsibility now to pick the bones out of that and find a solution....and fast.
dagger4eva

Not happy with his interview at all to be honest.

Where was the accountability from him that,

He is the 1 who brought this massive squad of players in, trains them and sets them up each game.

He is the one hardly ever picks a settled side, who on numerous occasions sets up the team massively wrong, only to try and rectify by making a raft of HT subs.

He is the 1 who froze out 2 of the squads best players for a long time, in Deering & Robinson - in fact dropped Robbo again after an MOM performance on his 1st game back.

He is the one signs a player like Sagaf, plays him for 45 mins on a debut (barely played at all in the previous 12 months) and is never to be seen again.

He is the one who re-signed a player like Gordon from Bolton only to see him sit for the majority of the time on the bench.

So yes, Tuesday night was embarrassing and yes, there are major inconsistencies from game to game but in my view, those inconsistencies comes from nowhere other than the manager / management.

Until hey/they get a grip of their own shortcomings, nothing will ever change on the pitch!
Diggerthedog

He's Deluded, who can say we've comfortably won a game in the league this season? He talks like its one bad game a month it's not its almost every game.

Our Wins:

Wealdstone 1-0 Lucky last minute Justham saved us
Boreham Wood 1-0 Lucky they miss a penalty
Weymouth 3-2 Struggled to hold on against 10 men since first half.
Torquay 1-0 Backs to the wall for 90
Dover 1-0 Again holding on against 10 men since first half.
Kings Lynn 3-2 94th minute winner

How many teams have had a man less and we still cant bloody win convincingly or even at all.

We have now conceded 14 goals in our last 6 games, the results above the defence was just about keeping it out just but now that's deserted us, we're in trouble and yet again the club are sitting on their hands, dejavu.

Shambles.
hockley dagger

Those wins against Kings Lynn, Dover and Weymouth have kept us out of the drop zone - at least we've managed to do that so far. I wonder if our position in the league will colour our vote on null and void?
Pablo

I agree. Apart from the Ebbsfleet cup tie we have not looked convincing in any game and could justifiably have lost all of them. I watched the very first game away to Halifax which could have been a cricket score but for more luck and Justham. We didn't have a shot on target, get in a cross whist the opposition looked yards faster and exponentially fitter. Nothing much has changed since. He has signed 12 of the current squad and decided to re-sign Wright. We all know that consistency only comes from fielding a settled side and he has tinkered with the side even when not forced to do so all season. He is bound to make at least three more changes on Saturday. I think he sounded shocked and didn't really offer any solutions in the interview but I'm afraid the buck stops with him and unless something changes fast the whole future of the club must be in doubt because who would continue to invest in this.
Mark

I reckon he must know our wins have almost all been unconvincing, but he's unlikely to come out publicly and say we've been rubbish all season, players don't like it and he'd just draw more attention to his own performance. Look what happend when Burnett criticised the team after a win, they all went into their shells and got beat every week. Players are soft these days.

I was surprised he went as far as he did in criticising the players attitude. That's a risky game to play but probably it's a last throw of the dice for him. He signed them all so ultimately he's responsible.

As a manager he can't get caught up in looking at it like a fan though. The form table looked very good for us until the last 2 games, even last 10 games we are comfortably mid table. He also has all sorts of stats for our games which will be telling him where we're at in terms of running, chances etc. Although, I do feel a lot of managers these days are too absorbed with stats in isolation without trusting their eyes - Burnett was obsessed with Boucaud pass completion ignoring the fact he never passed forwards.

I think we'll get a hiding on Saturday and if we're no closer to a curtailed season he may very well get bombed out.
DaggerJoel11

Poor quality, low intensity performances have long been the default expectation amongst the Dagenham fanbase, yet this was a night where their side sank to staggering new lows.

Match report and player ratings from Tuesday evening's abomination of a performance at Meadow Lane - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -1-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''