Vote of Confidence...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Peter Freund just tweeted a vote of confidence in Daryl.

If it is like any other person given a vote of confidence, I reckon Daryl’s days are numbered.
6BC550DF-D3BD-4E4C-A17B-89749BEE5E3D.png
stanton101

Christ, I knew the yanks were gullible, but not that gullible. Keeping this bloke in charge is madness.
I hope when all this crap is over and done with, they come over and spend a sufficient amount of time at the club just to see how poorly it's being run.
From top to bottom it's so bad and they need to get their arse over here pronto.
jag

Completely agree, Daryll can only do so much it is now down to the players, I am sitting here in East Sussex at my computer at 3.14am before todays game against Hartlepool, I can't sleep as this subject has been concerning me for a while and I wonder if or how this can be resolved, sad person that I am, but when you have supported the Daggers since the very early 60s it means a great deal to me . Recently on the forum I had said that against Torquay and Kings Lynn the players showed a great attitude and with that ,supported Daryll, I cannot see, that after a few weeks things could have changed that much however, IF the players care that much for the club and their team mates then let them show it between 3pm and 4.45pm this afternoon by doing the basics when they walk out on the pitch, they must have a positive attitude and desire to want to do well for themselves and their team mates, they will need to create space by running off the ball which is as important as running with the ball, try not to give away silly free kicks near their own goal area and pass the ball more accurately , I think most supporters would agree that if the team shows a great desire and attitude this afternoon at the moment win, lose or draw would be acceptable, reading most of the comments after the Notts Co game it would seem that those basics were missing, I would normally watch the live stream which I have done all this season but I thought that with the game so close after the Wrexham game we would be tired against a team near the top of the league who have not played as many games as us and came into the game fresher, I think that may have contributed to a very poor performance, anyway I will be watching the stream this afternoon looking forward to James and Micks commentary as always and let hopefully see a really good performance, fingers crossed. COYD. I am now going back to bed and try to get some shut eye.
Mark

I think Daryl is right when he says we start timid and don't go for it until we're 2 down. The barnstorming finish always comes when we're losing. Why can't they give it that level from minute one? Is it fear or is it complacency?

I think you can't underestimate the effect of Ogogo too. The leadership he shows, by example, by organisation and by constantly winding up his team mates, took us to a different level of commitment. He does not accept the ball going in our net and it rubbed off on the whole team. We've defended like frightened little kids since he left.
Auntie Merge

Mark wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:02 am I think Daryl is right when he says we start timid and don't go for it until we're 2 down. The barnstorming finish always comes when we're losing. Why can't they give it that level from minute one? Is it fear or is it complacency?

I think you can't underestimate the effect of Ogogo too. The leadership he shows, by example, by organisation and by constantly winding up his team mates, took us to a different level of commitment. He does not accept the ball going in our net and it rubbed off on the whole team. We've defended like frightened little kids since he left.
You’d have hoped one of the other players would have learned from Agogo in time and would have stepped up their own leadership skills.