Rhys Murphy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
speedy

Just seen this on Sky Sports.
Barnsley have had a bid for Dagenham & Redbridge striker Rhys Murphy rejected, Sky Sports understands. Barnsley boss Danny Wilson is looking to bolster his attacking options after seeing Chris O'Grady leave for Brighton earlier this month and he has targeted a move for Murphy. :(
Lcbdagger

After Medy leaving this is going to have to be mega money if he goes... We can't even get an additional striker in who can top a four nil defeat to Ebbsfleet. We will need four attacking/ wide players all in at once at this rate
Dagger83

He hasn't played for months, is still injured and has less than a year on his contract (I believe). Cash in and run I say.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
USADAGGER nick

Mega money? What is that for people, 2 million? 5 million? More, less?
NickMurphy

We wouldn't get near a million for him, 500K maybe? Not really sure, suppose it depends how Barnsley see the context.

I'd keep him anyway.
matt_drfc

*apparantly* the bid was around 400k
mickeyblue

hopefully they come back with 600k and a sell on fee. imo murphy will struggle this season as wont ever be fit and it looks like we going to struggle unless we can get some decent attacking options in asap.
but we finished 9th!
searmh

sell sell sell...but only if we have cash to spend on new attacking players
Lcbdagger

We could £5m for him and the replacement would be no different to who it would be now if the manager believes we need a wide man and striker anyway
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:*apparantly* the bid was around 400k
It was nowhere near that. Derisory.
ARNU

Sell sell sell.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
redboy

Cant believe we'd get 400k for him unless the deal was around 200k with the rest relating to appearances, goals etc. With a year left on his contract and still fighting for fitness, I'd sell him
Dagdale

I can honestly see us going nowhere this season if we don't get some out and out prolific goalscorer from somewhere pretty quick, Rhys on form is a good option but it doesn't look as if he's going to top form for quite a while yet and for goals I'd go only as far to say Luke Howells might be our best bet to rattle in a few. I can see a few teams going to take us to shreds.
Lcbdagger

Dagdale wrote:I can honestly see us going nowhere this season if we don't get some out and out prolific goalscorer from somewhere pretty quick, Rhys on form is a good option but it doesn't look as if he's going to top form for quite a while yet and for goals I'd go only as far to say Luke Howells might be our best bet to rattle in a few. I can see a few teams going to take us to shreds.
Interesting to see how it goes tonight
TommyD&R

Lcbdagger wrote:
Interesting to see how it goes tonight
Goldberg looked quite sharp when he came on, I can see him getting a few. Think it was a mistake getting rid of Affy though.