Bromley..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

..if ever there was a significantly overdue "reaction"..er..due, it would be for tonight's game.

Be great if all involved - the manager, pretty much all the players + staff pulled their collective fingers out of their respective behinds & put some proper effort in.

A bit of pride in doing what each and every one of them is being paid to do, should not be such an outlandish thing to ask on the odd occasion.

Would be extremely surprised if Cheek is stopped from banging at least one in, perhaps someone wearing a red shirt might break with convention & have an attempt in the rough vicinity of the opposition goal..

C'mon you Daggers :blink:
Dagdale

His made a few changes tonight, no McCallum sounds like injured, Deering and Croll on bench, Saunders and Wilson up front, one shining light this season is Dean Rance banking on him tonight, quite a few ex daggers in Bromley boys line up and hope they stay tight to Golden marksman Cheeky
jag

At last a good win, although the game was very scrappy and again I say there are still far to many give away free kicks close to our own area but the lads put in a good shift and still a lot of room for improving their passing, but 3 points and things quickly look a bit more promising, Robbo and Wilson for me did really well.
NBDag

Didn’t expect a pretty performance with that line up and we didn’t get one. Didn’t expect a win either but the boys fought hard to see it through, and that’s all that matters. Everyone ran their socks off and it’s always good to see us come out on top in battles like that.

Still work to be done, but that mentality cannot be lost now.
Diggerthedog

Great battling win which is what 80% of your wins are going to be at this level, lots of comments about how we tried a bit harder just a shame it’s taken the owner to call out the players to get them ticking. Typical we don’t have a game Saturday and with Sutton next Tuesday it’s a tough run of games to come, Feb was always a horrid run of fixtures so let’s see where we are come the end of the month with the next two. Still got to get plenty of points to ensure safety.
Dagger83

Great win, although a very scrappy one. I thought the whole team put a great shift in last night which was great to see. Not a great deal of quality and the midfield dropped back too much in the second half but we remained pretty much untroubled for the 90.

I much prefer the forward line without McCallum so I hope he doesn't come straight back in.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mark

He picked his runners yesterday and it was night and day compared to the County game.

When Daryl turned up, he put players like House, Reid, Kandi in the side and chased for 90 minutes. This season he seems to have some idea of picking footballers but running is the minimum requirement. Last night he went back to that.

Wilson must play for me, especially with the squad we have. The centre forward has to run his nuts off cos he's often isolated and there is no pace in support. McCallum needs pacey wingers in a 442 getting the ball in the box and we don't play that way. Another case of Daryl getting loads of players that don't necessarily fit the system he wants.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diffrent as apple and pears from.last Tuesday.

Agree with Jag to many free kicks given away around our box ,Clarke again being the main culprit who othereise had a very solid game.

To many times picked the wrong pass when in promising situations and other then the goal the crossing was pretty average which needs to improve in we are ever going to get the best out of a fit McCullum.

Expected more from.Bromley who must go down as one of the more disappointing sides I have seen, but we battled hard and deserved the win in a pretty dire game that lacked quality.

Find it hard to congratulate a team for putting in effort , surely that's the least expected.

8 points of playoffs which says all you need to know about the lack of depth in quality the league has, Bromley being the latest example.

Good win,dug deep and the result was about right.
Big improvement in many areas still needed.
Mark

Bromley have been the epitome of average conference team since 2015. They are always the same and probably a good yardstick. They always seem to have a team full of the same sort of standard players.
Pablo

Well we won and played better but it couldn't have been worse than at Notts. Perhaps I'm being churlish but I couldn't get excited about scoring with our only serious opportunity and they could have got one possibly two, as a result of Reynold's generosity in the second half. With this line up we will still find it difficult to score or keep out better sides than Bromley. However I couldn't fault our effort which was a saving grace and I thought Robinson and Adams were good. How do we know McCullum was injured rather than deservedly dropped?
daggersjeff

Actually thought we looked a better side all round without McCallum, At the moment he cant hit a cows arse with a banjo, so dropped or injured, it gives the others a chance to stake a place in the side.

Also good to see Will Wright back, albeit an unused sub. I personally think we look more solid down the right hand flank with him in the side.
Alan

Not sure it’s fair to bash Macallum. We aren’t playing to his strengths and don’t have quality in wide positions, when he thrives on crosses.

Look at Quigley with better service at Yeovil - he’s scored as many league goals this season as Macallum, Balanta, McQueen and Clifton combined!
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:41 pm Not sure it’s fair to bash Macallum. We aren’t playing to his strengths and don’t have quality in wide positions, when he thrives on crosses.

Look at Quigley with better service at Yeovil - he’s scored as many league goals this season as Macallum, Balanta, McQueen and Clifton combined!
Quigley had the service he just usually missed more than he scored with us, glad the move is working out for him.

Agree regarding Pmc only Weston and Saunders are the only real wingers in the squad which makes it all the bizarre we even signed him in the first place without the type of players who can supply him. Scott Wilson has been a savior for Mcmahon, without him I reckon we could be in the bottom three already.