Daggers 0 MK Dons 1

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

Danny Green #7 the scorer.
Views on the match guys? Another match without a goal but presumably better than Saturday?
PaulHornchurch

Never looked like scoring for the first 75 mins, 3 or 4 efforts but non really troubled MK keeper Martin.

I like Cureton and I think he will score goals, but the two Ashley's playing wide offered no support for me and that's where we fell down.

We looked better when George Porter and Bradley Goldberg were on the pitch.

I think O'Brian is winning the GK position for me. I know there is much debate about Matt Partridge but he gets RB for me. Doe, Saah, Conners across the back.

Midfield is Howell, Bingham, Ogogo.

It's just upfront. I liked Connell but didn't feature. It's time to tie Cureton down or send him on his way. No great panic but decision time for Wayne
Lcbdagger

PaulHornchurch wrote:Never looked like scoring for the first 75 mins, 3 or 4 efforts but non really troubled MK keeper Martin.

I like Cureton and I think he will score goals, but the two Ashley's playing wide offered no support for me and that's where we fell down.

We looked better when George Porter and Bradley Goldberg were on the pitch.

I think O'Brian is winning the GK position for me. I know there is much debate about Matt Partridge but he gets RB for me. Doe, Saah, Conners across the back.

Midfield is Howell, Bingham, Ogogo.

It's just upfront. I liked Connell but didn't feature. It's time to tie Cureton down or send him on his way. No great panic but decision time for Wayne
I appreciate that 433/ 451 is where Wayne obviously wants to go, with a strong midfield three... but (much like last season without Hines) if we have no creativity out wide then surely we need to stick two up front (give Goldberg a go) and put teams under pressure... not certain our current wide players will create enough goals for one lone striker.
matt_drfc

Thought Chambers actually looked bright, some good driving runs infield.. Will have to see a bit more of Hemmings, seemed quite tricky.
PaulHornchurch

Agree with 4-4-2 as a poss with JC and BG up front.

Chambers did make a few incisive runs, but felt he was too isolated from JC. Perhaps Wayne has asked him to do that, but just think at times both wide players need to come and support a bit quicker.

One highlight early second half Chambers and Grigg had a little tangle, Grigg stuck his finger up Chambers arse, Ashleys face was a picture.
mickeyblue

liked the look of young nouble and goldberg.
hope we dont see conners in midfield like second half yesterday
abs awesome doe and gayle looked good and should be starting cbs imo

we wont score goals unless we sign some asap. or murphy and hines come back
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

mickeyblue wrote:liked the look of young nouble and goldberg.
hope we dont see conners in midfield like second half yesterday
abs awesome doe and gayle looked good and should be starting cbs imo

we wont score goals unless we sign some asap. or murphy and hines come back
You would have Gayle above Saah? Maybe the future isn't too bad in that position with Wilkinson gone...

What has happened to Connell?
Richie

I didn't go yesterday but we have four good CMs (presuming Labadie is handy), would be a waste to play 4-4-2 to me.
matt_drfc

Think our midfield 3 will be Ogogo, Bingham, Labadie
ThatRoundThing

I agree with the above but I think we may see quite a few appearances by Frankie Raymond.
Probably just me but I have this feeling that Bingham and Howell are becoming a little bit Darren Anderton.
Adrian

PaulHornchurch wrote: One highlight early second half Chambers and Grigg had a little tangle, Grigg stuck his finger up Chambers arse, Ashleys face was a picture.
When sexual assault is the highlight of a game, that doesn't bode well for the season.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
PaulHornchurch wrote: One highlight early second half Chambers and Grigg had a little tangle, Grigg stuck his finger up Chambers arse, Ashleys face was a picture.
When sexual assault is the highlight of a game, that doesn't bode well for the season.
Haha this Forum certainly isn't encouraging a large crowd for the Colchester game
Dagdale

Hope Morecambe havn't been rolling through this site lately!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wayne has indicated that he will be signing more front and wide men. Now Medy has gone really think that a proven quality wide man is a must. No news on Zav finding anywhere yet and surely as the clocks ticks our offer is looking better by the hour. Last year it was off/on and in the end nobody appeared to want him enough and then he was not getting over a serious injury.

My lad has been banging on about Samuels all day really thinks he is the real deal for this level. Surely Wayne will ask if he is back to full fitness.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Wayne has indicated that he will be signing more front and wide men. Now Medy has gone really think that a proven quality wide man is a must. No news on Zav finding anywhere yet and surely as the clocks ticks our offer is looking better by the hour. Last year it was off/on and in the end nobody appeared to want him enough and then he was not getting over a serious injury.

My lad has been banging on about Samuels all day really thinks he is the real deal for this level. Surely Wayne will ask if he is back to full fitness.
If Zavon isn't fit and isn't currently being paid by us then surely the best time to sign him up is the very last of the transfer window... why have him on the books and getting money from us when he can't play?