Yeovil (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Just the solitary change from midweek with Paul McCallum replacing Scott Wilson to play alongside Saunders in a front two. Some decent options on the bench with recent signings Sagaf and Smith alongside Balanta on his return from injury.

Justham; Gordon, Johnson, Clark, Reynolds, Weston; Rance, Adams, Robinson; Saunders, McCallum
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Sagres

FFS 90th Min again!
Pablo

Can I say emphatically that I never want to see Reynolds or McCallum in a Daggers shirt ever again. We should have won that at a canter but we have a centre forward who didn't head the ball all afternoon and a central defender who commits hari kari with reckless abandon. Truly how can McCallum be better than Wilson or Reynolds better than Croll - the latest to be sent to Coventry. we are playing better but have liabilities in key areas.
jag

I have been saying this on the forum for sometime now, McCallum is just is not at this level anymore and Reynolds gives away a penalty last Tuesday and goes one better by being sent off at Yeovil, the only positive is that Murphy did not score. can somebody stop being cryptic and explain to me why is John Still being mentioned on this forum?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Can i just check - if Dover get kicked out we will lose the six points we got from two wins against them - which would put us level on points with Weymouth in 21st - but it's fine because there's no relegation anyway ? Is that right ?
Diggerthedog

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:42 pm Can i just check - if Dover get kicked out we will lose the six points we got from two wins against them - which would put us level on points with Weymouth in 21st - but it's fine because there's no relegation anyway ? Is that right ?
We’ve only played them once and as it stands there is no relegation.

On today’s game it’s yet another let’s hand the opponents the three points, missed so
Many easy chances not just McCallum, Robinson and the useless Reynolds.

It’s at the point where this whole club needs stripping, year after year it’s the same old crap which will test the patience of the most loyal of fans. Another year of Failure for Dagenham and Redbridge.
redboy

Groundhog day / Groundhog season

As usual the fans will suffer. It's been what 10 years of continuous failure, underachievement and demise. If the yanks are serious, clear the stiffs out, bring in some fresh blood and get people in who know something about football.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:52 pm
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:42 pm Can i just check - if Dover get kicked out we will lose the six points we got from two wins against them - which would put us level on points with Weymouth in 21st - but it's fine because there's no relegation anyway ? Is that right ?
We’ve only played them once and as it stands there is no relegation.

On today’s game it’s yet another let’s hand the opponents the three points, missed so
Many easy chances not just McCallum, Robinson and the useless Reynolds.

It’s at the point where this whole club needs stripping, year after year it’s the same old crap which will test the patience of the most loyal of fans. Another year of Failure for Dagenham and Redbridge.
I see thanks. Sorry thought we'd played them twice, must be getting them confused with one of the many seaside teams in this darned league
HGDagger

What's even the point of playing the rest of the season? Nowhere near play offs and won't get relegated. Why not just do a Dover?
SUSSEX DAGGER

How on earth did it take 89 minutes for somebody to score in that game

The defence looked shaky all afternoon, surely we have better options then that lot .

Once again the Goalkeeper looked like he was going to save our Forwards blushes with a several outstanding saves, but honestly we had enough chances to win three games as it turned out.

Our distribution all over the pitch was Woefull and the only two that came out with any credit are Justham and Weston.

When teams learn that anybody prepared to run at us with Clarke in our defence we are in big trouble.

Getting bored now just get this season over
Mark

Justham was excellent but then in the last minute he's moved behind his wall and got beat on his side. The wall should jump with someone laying on the floor behind them from that distance - impossible to score on the wall side unless you're Beckham. He's having a very funny season - some games he's kept us alive single handed but he's also cost us at least 5 result-changing goals.

I thought we had all the best chances and should have won the game. But we've created loads in the last 3 games and only have 2 goals to show for it. Finishing is just very poor.

Rare for me to defend Clark but he's done well last 3 games and often left isolated when Weston got caught up the pitch, if he's on the right side with his lack of pace he's always going to struggle in that situation. But overall I think he's defended well.

Reynolds again gave away the free kick, don't think it was a foul but he seems to just attract calamity every week. He's so hot headed, loses concentration and doesn't make good decisions. He has to be replaced asap.
Diggerthedog

Agree Justham has been a fault for a few goals but he and his defence get little or no protection at times with him having to make at least 2-3 worldie saves most keepers make one in games. This stems from teams that break on us so easily, even with 3 in midfield. I’m still not sure what Adams offers, did anyone even notice him yesterday’s game as all I saw was Robinson and Rance doing the hard graft.

The manager is failing miserably, in the 18/19 season where at the start we had no money and in the end managed 56 points, to match that we need to win 10 of our last 21 games to get to that point, not happening in a million years be lucky to win 5 of our remaining games under current form.

This clubs seems all to easy to accept failure and I’m sorry but the owners have this wrong by not getting rid, if they want promotion it’s not happening under this manager. Said it before and will say it again, the MD does not like sacking managers as it’s an admittance he has got it wrong (again). The owners have been superb with their backing but they know nothing about football at this level and should have been told it’s not about chucking 3K a week at strikers, how much was Benson? I was naive to think things might change under new owners how wrong was I, still the same old crap managers, injuries that are never resolved properly just more burying your head in the sand. It’s no bloody coincidence.

If we do all of a sudden sign players from below and do better next season we we know who is responsible for that and it’s not McMahon.
DaggerJoel11

All Style, No Substance

As much as this was another harsh and undeserved late sucker punch, it was also entirely self-inflicted, an inevitable consequence of the shocking inability to convert basic opportunities.

Report & Player Ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -0-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''