Match Off

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Positive Covid test
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
rebeldagger

Far from ideal, we had only just stared what appears to be a decent run, building on from every game, and with a new signing too. Was due to be a busy March for us, and this is needed like a bucket with a hole in the bottom, will be a busy final third to the season for us, and it could go either way as we won't be the only club with a congested fixture list.
RayleighDagger1986

With squad players in isolation, will that mean Tuesday nights game is postponed as well?
Diggerthedog

You would think so, even if further tests are negative we’ve had no time to prepare.
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:10 am You would think so, even if further tests are negative we’ve had no time to prepare.
Plus isn't the 10 day isolation still in effect, so if one of our squad / back room staff is positive would that not mean the whole squad would have to isolate ?
Diggerthedog

If that was the case you would have expected to call off Tuesday and next Saturday straight away, guess they might need to do more test and if a negative result then no reason not to play on. I’m sure we have had that outcome before.
rebeldagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:28 pm If that was the case you would have expected to call off Tuesday and next Saturday straight away, guess they might need to do more test and if a negative result then no reason not to play on. I’m sure we have had that outcome before.
Yea I did think too, it may be a case of sending X home and then everyone self isolates and tests daily (or every other day) and if all are negative on Monday/Tuesday it'll be game on?

Guess we'll find out more today.
Mark

Surely we must have trained yesterday or today in order to play tomorrow so I can only assume all the tests are negative. Be interested to know exactly why Saturday was off.
Diggerthedog

Come on you know they don’t want us to speculate, utterly bizarre we’re such a closed shop on this matter. Surely a statement of all players have now returned a negative test and were good to go tomorrow.
Leopardman

Mark wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 am Surely we must have trained yesterday or today in order to play tomorrow so I can only assume all the tests are negative. Be interested to know exactly why Saturday was off.
Not sure what time they would normally start training but I was there for my covid jab this morning and there were no bodies on the training pitch when I left at 9.45.
rebeldagger

Leopardman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:25 pm
Mark wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 am Surely we must have trained yesterday or today in order to play tomorrow so I can only assume all the tests are negative. Be interested to know exactly why Saturday was off.
Not sure what time they would normally start training but I was there for my covid jab this morning and there were no bodies on the training pitch when I left at 9.45.
They don't necessarily train at the ground, sometimes the first team has been training at Aveley.

Good news the jab too, hopefully no ill effects for you. Won't be long before we can all be back at Victoria Road together !