Dover, Woking, et al

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Ok, so what should be done about Dover?

Nothing isn’t an option, because we now have Woking saying they will follow suit should they get knocked out of the Trophy.

You can’t have a position where clubs can decide unilaterally they don’t want to play anymore. Like it or not, the league is continuing and there are promotion spots up for grabs, so not playing on undermines the whole league.

Similarly, clubs who furlough out of favour players and the bring in replacements should be punished.
Mark

As far as I can tell, every club pretty much is breaking the rules of membership of the league, whether it be financial or failure to fulfil fixtures. I don't see what the league can do about Dover. Just because they're the only club who don't have a chairman willing to throw his money away, doesn't mean they're wrong. Should they play until they go bust?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I am really confused why more clubs in the bottom half didn’t just furlough their squad and stop playing after they announced that relegation would be scrapped ? Especially the smaller clubs, wouldn’t it have made more financial sense, and if they were threatened with being kicked out they’d be on pretty sturdy legal ground re : no relegation so can do what the hell they want ? Personally I’m surprised it was only Dover.

(The less said about why we signed at least one player after we knew there wouldn’t be relegation and we remained in 16th place, the better)
Diggerthedog

Dover have been foolish, they should have got in team full of free agents and just continued as results didn’t matter instead they’re likely to be kicked out, if they’re not made an example off what’s to stop a team doing it next season?

See we’ve released Adams, are we starting to save costs now the season is over and the few other signings. Season will dwindle away now.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm I am really confused why more clubs in the bottom half didn’t just furlough their squad and stop playing after they announced that relegation would be scrapped ? Especially the smaller clubs, wouldn’t it have made more financial sense, and if they were threatened with being kicked out they’d be on pretty sturdy legal ground re : no relegation so can do what the hell they want ? Personally I’m surprised it was only Dover.

(The less said about why we signed at least one player after we knew there wouldn’t be relegation and we remained in 16th place, the better)
Edit : two players. I am baffled