Altringham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

A well deserved win, well just about, anyway a brilliant free kick from Will Wright and he gets my forgiveness from my previous comments on his concentration , Kenny Clark seems back to his old form and Angelo held the ball up when needed, there is always 1 fly in the ointment though and Mr Johnson needs to wake up quickly , giving the ball away twice with his sloppy passing nearly cost us the points, but well done the Daggers, and another 3 points.
daggersjeff

Good 3 points! Thought we just edged, still not happy with time wasting when we could be putting the foot on the throat!
Sagres

Hard fought but well deserved 3 pts, great free kick from Will Wright!
DaggerJoel11

Good win which makes it five unbeaten now. 11 points from the last fifteen available is a decent return and it would've been better still if it wasn't for the last minute Weymouth equaliser.

Wright's free-kick was probably the only moment of genuine quality in the game, but we fought hard and grinded out three impressive points.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

jag wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm A well deserved win, well just about, anyway a brilliant free kick from Will Wright and he gets my forgiveness from my previous comments on his concentration , Kenny Clark seems back to his old form and Angelo held the ball up when needed, there is always 1 fly in the ointment though and Mr Johnson needs to wake up quickly , giving the ball away twice with his sloppy passing nearly cost us the points, but well done the Daggers, and another 3 points.
Can't argue with that... aware we're not ten points clear at the top of the league, but would still like a performance when we can praise all ten players... still a weak link, it feels like in every game
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good result but it took a dead ball quality free kick to beat a truly dreadfull team.

Shit they actually beat us only 3 months ago!

As I saw it there was only two quality players on the pitch Balanta and the new lad Vhillie or what ever his called and he only played 43 minutes . The rest ,well Clarke was solid and Weston had a good 45 minutes minus the delivery of the ball which once again nullified everything he did right . The rest did only had to be slightly better then their very poor opponents, which did not seem that hard to achieve.

Nearly gave it away again at the death , just lucky we were playing a team who would not have scored if they were still playing now.

Onwards and upwards but it's still a tough watch
Sagres

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:29 pm
As I saw it there was only two quality players on the pitch Balanta and the new lad Vhillie or what ever his called and he only played 43 minutes .
Mauro Vilhete played really well when he came on, will be surprised if he doesn't start Tuesday,
NBDag

Good to pick up 3 points in a way that proves to the players they can actually see a game out. You’d hate to think how many points extra we would have this year if we hadn’t conceded in 90+ minutes (no doubt some smart arse will tell me it’s just the two haha).

Something just didn’t seem to be clicking yesterday though. Once they realised Westy is our go to guy they easily managed to cut off our supply. Midfield didn’t offer too much and neither did Gordon. Perhaps the fixture congestion is getting to us. Agree that Vilhete should start on Tuesday after his performance, don’t get what Kahn did for us yesterday.

Clark was easily motm and deserves a lot of credit for how he has come on since the start of the season. Cleaned up 2 big errors from Johnson yesterday and a superb goal line clearance.
Diggerthedog

Sutton win ugly most weeks at this level, it’s all you need to do to be half decent in this league. Seems that we’re currently down to the very bare bones, strange then to release Adams in the week. Absolutely superb free kick from Will Wright who I think has come on and played in some of our best spells defensively this season.

We have 7-8 players out for unknown reasons as we’re never told anything, chucking in that new player was another failure call from the manager did he not learn anything when he chucked in Sagaf? McCallum confirmed he had a few days left of isolation, he must be one of the covid missing and hear he will be back for Tuesday but with no training for 10 days be tough to come straight back in, big risk for a muscle injury,

Really struggle to see us getting anything on Tuesday, would take a draw given our home form. The last 8 games have been a big improvement on what went before just a bit too late for a run at the top, shame we conceded them late goals at home to Sutton and Weymouth also away at Yeovil as we would have been 4 points better off. Looking at the table it would have made a huge difference.
DaggerJoel11

A solitary moment of sublime quality from Will Wright, defying the overall nature of an otherwise cagey encounter befitting of two very timid attacking outfits, earned Daryl McMahon's gradually-improving side a gratefully received three points.

Here's my match report and player ratings from what was a very productive afternoon on the road: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -1-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''