This season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So I've been watching the games and am looking forward to getting back over there but I can't honestly say I've taken this season at all seriously. Especially now there's no realistic chance of playoffs and definitely no chance of relegation. The remainder of this season's games should be treated like pre season for next season I think. With their being far more likelihood of normality I'm hoping to get back into it next term. Anyone else feel the same?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

The weekly midfield signing has always been an interesting thing to look forward to... more so, as you say with no realistic prospect of promotion... signs at least that we may be looking at next year's squad already which can't be bad

Brundle and Deering done for surely, which is a shame on the Deering front for me
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dont give up mate, Wrexham were around us only a few weeks ago and now are 4th.

A run of games is achievable and you dont need to be anything other then average to do it, well that's how I see it.

The very low bar is still achievable if you start doing it at home and would have been achieved if we had done more then take 1 point at home against Barnet, Weymouth and that lot today . Add in the last gasper against Kings Lynn and it shows just how poor we have been at home all season
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ARNU wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:50 pm So I've been watching the games and am looking forward to getting back over there but I can't honestly say I've taken this season at all seriously. Especially now there's no realistic chance of playoffs and definitely no chance of relegation. The remainder of this season's games should be treated like pre season for next season I think. With their being far more likelihood of normality I'm hoping to get back into it next term. Anyone else feel the same?
Yeah, definitely. I can’t summon the motivation to be interested in the team if we can’t go to the games. The lockdown narrative / general mood of the nation means that the flow of the Season has been distorted from its usual rhythm. You can’t put the London away games in to your calendar anymore. Once I knew we weren’t going to get in the play offs, which was like, five games in, I’ve totally detached and have not seen a game except Mansfield and Altrincham. I agree that the last games of this season should be used to try to find a good XI for next - and of course, contract discussions should be underway already i hope