Colchester

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Not quite half time yet but 2-1 up and, dare I say, looking a real threat... Abu is playing like it's an FA Cup Final and Chambers looks nothing like the player we had last season!!
PaulHornchurch

Impressed with Bouchard, gives it quickly and simply.

Porter impressing me again.

Chambers much better than Tues, and Hemmings great header for the goal.

Let's see what 2nd half

PS - Cureton's pink boots are a shocker
Diggerthedog

Boucard pulling the strings in this one, surely we can't be signing him? Played 40+ games in league one last season.
Lcbdagger

Porter looks a talent but I can see why his goalscoring records rivals Jake Reed... Looks super nervous anywhere near goal.

Boucard has been immense. Abu feeding off him and it's letting aHowell loose. Can't see us signing him up!

One question... If you score from a corner? Why then go back to playing short ones that go nowhere???
Lcbdagger

3-1

Will the real Ashley Chambers please stand up???

Tonight Matthew I'm going to be James Rodriguez!
Lcbdagger

Haha same old Dagenham... 4-3 behind now
Lcbdagger

Full time 3-4

Great first half, typical second for a friendly

Lewi still can't kick bless him and whoever on here recently mentioned Freddie Seares as a signing, I hope you were there today... shocking
Diggerthedog

First home friendly I have been in years and it was ok. We played well in spells but against half a Colchester team the other half played at Dover last night. Fell apart when all the subs were made but overall could do better.
Adrian

We took our goals well. Of the goals we conceded, the first was the standard one we seem to give away from corners. Two of them didn't really make the two keepers look too good.

Boucard is a weird one. Released despite playing a lot of games last year, but then prior to notts county he'd spent quite a while in the Conference.
He did look very good with the ball though, but do we really need a bother central midfielder?
For me Porter, Hemmings and Chambers look too similar as players. All run around a lot and work hard, but won't get enough goals or assists.
I liked the look of Partridge as a player. The various players that came on didn't really get much time, and we seemed to go with a slightly odd formation late on with Goldberg playing behind Nouble and Cureton.
leewilson

Bit disappointed Goldberg doesn't seem to be getting any starts in the first team friendlies. He keeps making little cameos off the bench but the fact he's not starting suggests to me that perhaps Wayne doesn't see him as a league striker yet. Cureton being rested or rotated out today was the ideal opportunity to start him up there. The fact he wasn't speaks volumes.
Lcbdagger

Agree about Goldberg but if there was is a chance of us signing Porter or Hemmings then both had to start today. Hemmings, Porter and Goldberg up front would have meant we had three players all about 4ft 10 up front.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Agree about Goldberg but if there was is a chance of us signing Porter or Hemmings then both had to start today. Hemmings, Porter and Goldberg up front would have meant we had three players all about 4ft 10 up front.
Didn't we have pretty much that up front anyway? Chambers isn't exactly 6ft 6.

Goldberg needs to get a go. He may be a little different. He was unlucky with a miss late on, which he only got to because he acting like a proper striker and hanging around in a dangerous area.
NickMurphy

Not sure how we were tonked by Ebbsfleet after seeing that. Looked pretty decent, better than I was expecting after some of the results and the performances I've heard of so far.

As others have said, impressed with Boucard and Porter of the trialists, would be very happy if we managed to sign one, if not both of them. Of our current players, thought Chambers played well and Nouble had a decent looking cameo towards the end. Partridge looked consistent and I'd probably have Cousins over O'Brien.

Might have lost 4-3, but with two conceded after a raft of changes, I wouldn't read much into the result.
matt_drfc

Enjoyed that, the team that started the game looked like they'd be playing together for quite a while, passing was nice and sharp. Chambers definitely needs to play behind the striker, 2 assists and a goal is not bad at all. Would sign Porter and Hemmings both showed they are good enough. Not reading too much into the team that finished the game, subs disrupted everything and there wasn't a clear shape, we wouldn't make that many in a league game, so not fussed. Boucaud really looked decent aswell, linked up superbly with Ogogo, Howell and Chambers, if funds are there I'd take him, can never have too many good players!
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:Bit disappointed Goldberg doesn't seem to be getting any starts in the first team friendlies. He keeps making little cameos off the bench but the fact he's not starting suggests to me that perhaps Wayne doesn't see him as a league striker yet. Cureton being rested or rotated out today was the ideal opportunity to start him up there. The fact he wasn't speaks volumes.
Well when the Manager hails the signing of a Pensoner and then says he still wants to bring in another Striker did not need to see the team sheet today to form the opinion the Manager dont fancy him. Another Sheilds I fear, we will hear repeated calls for his inclusion and when he is and shows absoloute nothing the silence will be deafening.