Halifax (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Having arrested our recent decline by producing
two straight victories, the most recent of which came without our top-scoring duo of Paul McCallum and Josh Walker, we now endure the long midweek journey to face a Halifax Town outfit that sit just a place and solitary point above us. Such fine margins allude to an evenly-contested game but hopefully it goes in our favour.

COYD!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Daggerfan

Anybody know if there will be a commentary for tonight’s match or where I can find one?
PPK1965

I am hoping this site will supply tonight
https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/dagenham ... mentary-2/
JohnP

According to the Halifax website there's commentary on mixlr
Kevin

Yep, says commentary is available from 7:35pm..

https://fchalifaxtown.com/news/dagenham ... mentary-2/

Proper tough match this!

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
Daggerfan

Tough match is right, we’re 1-0 down and it sounds like it all Halifax at the moment. COYD :yay:
daggersjeff

Listening to commentary, it sounds as tho we are crap in defence tonight, and dont have a clue going forward!
Hope Daryl rips em a new one at HT! Surprised he kept the same starting XI, with games so close
Dagdale

Pain at the Shay continues that early goal being enough for them and from the sound of it only a Rance good effort was the only slight glimmer of hope on the night, pity Grimsby lost and even 'were going win the league' Stockport County tanned at home by Barnet and with Spireites winning and that man Tshimanga well on form what awaits Saturday after this episode?
Diggerthedog

daggersjeff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:41 pm Listening to commentary, it sounds as tho we are crap in defence tonight, and dont have a clue going forward!
Hope Daryl rips em a new one at HT! Surprised he kept the same starting XI, with games so close
Not surprised, the squad lacks any quality beyond the first 12-13 players and it will cost us come May.

4 away defeats in a row with no goals scored, it’s like Peter Taylor takes the away games. Smashing shit teams at home is the easy part, if you don’t pick up the odd scrappy win away you won’t make play offs.
stanton101

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:14 pm
daggersjeff wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:41 pm Listening to commentary, it sounds as tho we are crap in defence tonight, and dont have a clue going forward!
Not surprised, the squad lacks any quality beyond the first 12-13 players and it will cost us come May.

4 away defeats in a row with no goals scored, it’s like Peter Taylor takes the away games. Smashing shit teams at home is the easy part, if you don’t pick up the odd scrappy win away you won’t make play offs.
Yep, pretty much sums it up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

As I saw it.

We lost that game because we don't accept we have a problem at Centre Back and without Macca or Walker our only goal threat up top is Balanta and he was dealt with accordingly.

Wilson is fast becoming Arnus Tomlin to me ,runs around a lot but not much else there I am afraid. Saunders needs a good few dinners and a few pints of Guiness, there is obviously a Player in there but will always be out muscled.

Wilson was put through midway through the second half and had a foot race with the Haliifax defender. That resulted in a free kick to Halifax after he was judged to have infringed the defender when both went to ground. A cuter player like dare I say Walker may have used that situation by giving the referee at least something to think about

The goal is absolute horror show , second away game in a row in the league our Centre Back shanks it and this time it goes towards his own goal. Was an arguement that Will Wright got a push in the back as he puts it behind . What followed from the resulting corner is all to familiar I am afraid. There appeared no orginisation or somebody taking charge and it came as no surprise to see it rocket into the net.

Only the dependable Justham stopped Any further damage from following corners with two good saves.

That was about it goal threat wise , we dealt with everything else.

Other then the Wilson foot race our only two chances were Sagaf who found acres of space on the right hand side of the box in the opening minutes but shot wide and Rance hitting it over second half after space was created with some neat interchange passing. Myles Weston also put one over after attempting an ordacious curl from the corner of the box during the spell were we was on top second half.

With a few more efforts on goal we could argue we were a tad unlucky to lose but to me we were never going to score or look like scoring.

The only other significant event was the Robinson booking that surely means now he has hit 5 and is out Saturday. That however may not be a bad thing as he has looked a bit jaded a tad slow in recent weeks and a break may do him good. First half he was guilty of giving the ball away on more then one occasion.

Last night proved the depth of our squad is starting to show . We can match any team with the best 15 we have but after that there is a clear advantage to our opponents. When two of your absentees are your two main Strikers it shows even more. Also with Macca we may have defended the corners better

Jones was my Man of Match closely followed by Will Wright .

Perhaps Will Wright could be given a go by moving across to be more Central as this problem at Centre Back clearly needs addressing as it cost us dear last night.

Got to put thus behind us and move on but I fear that our current lack of firepower up top could again find us out Saturday , especially if we gift them the normal goal
Alan

5 defeats in 7.

We need a centre back who can defend dirty. At the moment we are relying on our (suspended) centre forward to defend set pieces.

I don’t think Will Wright in the middle would make things any better.
Diggerthedog

Now about that new contract the manager got, a typical Dagenham rushed decision because we had a few good months. Once again fans point out the glaringly obvious holes that need filling but the management don’t see it, it’s all far to familiar.

Chesterfield will come round with about 8-9 starters injured, you will see how far behind we are squad wise. Obviously I don’t expect us to spend as silly as they have been but it shows the gulf and the unrealistic talk of winning the title every summer from those at the club.

We still have a chance at play offs but only if we go out and buy a decent middle centre back and a few better back up midfielders.
Blackie645

Think even the play offs are too much, teams always look bigger and outmuscle us.
Conceding early again, need a result against Chesterfield.
Pablo

The squad size was always and obviously an issue. I understand the quality not quantity argument but when you are literally down to your last 16 players - two of whom ( Balanta and Vilhete) cannot be fully fit must be a recipe for disaster at this stage when suspensions kick in as wel - and when playing 2 games a week. You need a basic squad of 23 minimally. Even now we have loaned out 2 players one of whom - Strinovic will be cup tied. What happens if Justham gets injured and we progress in the FA Cup? Jettisoning in loan players - even assuming suitable and eligible ones are available- always seems a risky endeavour. We must get more bodies in and soon.