Daggers article

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rikyb

Here is a link to an article I have written for a magazine on the recent Dagenham revival.

http://rikyb.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/sha ... ggers.html
ARNU

I think that sums it up quite well Ricky.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

How many games have you seen Ricky?

I'm wondering where you got the impression that Elito has played in a free role behind the strikers from? He hasn't played that role at all - he's either player as part of a front three and then generally in one of the two wider positions, or occasionally as part of a midfield 3.
DagenHammer87

I agreed with the post on the blog, did the Garry Hill era not happen? Or did I fall asleep in the shower for four years?
rikyb

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:How many games have you seen Ricky?

I'm wondering where you got the impression that Elito has played in a free role behind the strikers from? He hasn't played that role at all - he's either player as part of a front three and then generally in one of the two wider positions, or occasionally as part of a midfield 3.
Last season and prior to that, Elito was more as a winger, stuck out wide and not really able to influence proceedings. He appears to have more freedom now. I have only seen 2-3 games this season to be fair and he has played as part of the front 3, but not strictly wide. Not in the way he was used under Still anyway.

Of all the players I knew well from the time I was able to watch the team far more regularly, Elito seems to have been the one to have benefited most from the slight change of role within the team.
rikyb

DagenHammer87 wrote:I agreed with the post on the blog, did the Garry Hill era not happen? Or did I fall asleep in the shower for four years?
I had a strict word count to adhere to and that seemed to be the best/easiest way of describing where the club had come from and Still's influence in it. I realise it is not completely accurate but I was unable to go into the entire history of the club as the aim of the article was to highlight the changing fortunes under Burnett. To the untrained eye, i.e the readers, the majority of which will not be Daggers fans, it summed it up neatly I feel.
SUSSEX DAGGER

rikyb wrote:

Last season and prior to that, Elito was more as a winger, stuck out wide and not really able to influence proceedings. He appears to have more freedom now. I have only seen 2-3 games this season to be fair and he has played as part of the front 3, but not strictly wide. Not in the way he was used under Still anyway.

Of all the players I knew well from the time I was able to watch the team far more regularly, Elito seems to have been the one to have benefited most from the slight change of role within the team.
Welcome to the Sussex and Arnu "The bleeding obvious" Club. We have only been banging that drum since our days in League one. Everytime he has been allowed to come inside and play a more central role he has looked a diffrent Player. What he has been doing recently he did on odd occassions do under Still but he proved good at it and that wouls never do owing to the pig headedness of the former Manager
Daggers No 2 Fan

rikyb wrote:

Every game I've seen this season he's played in the wider positions of the front three, sometimes switching between right and left. He definitely hasn't played in a free role behind the strikers at any point.
With the exception of two well taken goals, I can't say he's been any better than previously.
Mike the Dagger

Never mind the facts, just make something up that fits, no one will know... then advertise the item on the Daggers Forum where people do know the facts. Top journalism as ever Ricky.

why mention the Ryman at all if you want to big up Still?
Richie

rikyb wrote:
DagenHammer87 wrote:I agreed with the post on the blog, did the Garry Hill era not happen? Or did I fall asleep in the shower for four years?
I had a strict word count to adhere to and that seemed to be the best/easiest way of describing where the club had come from and Still's influence in it. I realise it is not completely accurate but I was unable to go into the entire history of the club as the aim of the article was to highlight the changing fortunes under Burnett. To the untrained eye, i.e the readers, the majority of which will not be Daggers fans, it summed it up neatly I feel.
A strict word count on your own blog?
rikyb

Richie wrote:
rikyb wrote:
A strict word count on your own blog?
The article was written for a magazine. I reproduced it on my blog.
rikyb

Mike the Dagger wrote:Never mind the facts, just make something up that fits, no one will know... then advertise the item on the Daggers Forum where people do know the facts. Top journalism as ever Ricky.

why mention the Ryman at all if you want to big up Still?
It is an article about the Daggers hence the posting of it on here. I thought it may be of interest to some of you. Obviously not to you personally but I knew that before I started. And I mentioned the Ryman in relation to where the club has come from. Not everyone interested in football knows that funnily enough.
Auntie Merge

I suggest that with the factual inaccuracies and manipulating the truth, and then the attention seeking post on here, (knowing full well what the responses would be) RickyB is now the Daggers version of Liz Jones (the nightmare female 'journalist' from the Daily Fail).
ARNU

Dunno why Ricky gets such a hard time on here.He's pretty much covered it in that Blog,the minutae and in depth detail nobody else will care about anyway except for the ardent pedantic daggers historians out there,and they already know anyway.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rikyb

Auntie Merge wrote:I suggest that with the factual inaccuracies and manipulating the truth, and then the attention seeking post on here, (knowing full well what the responses would be) RickyB is now the Daggers version of Liz Jones (the nightmare female 'journalist' from the Daily Fail).
Wow. Being called an attention seeker from someone who constantly complains about their health and seems to have very condition known to man only worse than anyone else has ever had, and for no other reason, it appears, than to get sympathy ... irony right there.

I posted the piece on here not for attention; if I wanted that I would have posted the link to the magazine it was in and told you all to subscribe. No, I posted it as I thought some on here may have been interested. It is like if a friend of yours reads something about the Daggers they may well post you the link as they think you might be interested in it. It was no more than that.

The piece was not written for Daggers fans, it was written for football fans mostly from abroad. It was therefore not necessary to be 100% historically and factually correct. I was merely setting the scene for the piece about the club's progress this season.

I also mistakenly thought that a new forum would lead to new people with open minds but I should have known better. I apologise. I will leave you all in piece. Shame, as I hoped this would be different with Nick running things.

Oh and thanks ARNU for actually getting it. Somehow I thought you might. A higher intelligence you see.