Grimsby

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

All 3 of McCallum, Balanta and Walker have poor injury records. It's probably irrelevant what our first choice is because they're never all fit. I think it's clear you need some amount of pace up there though, so Balanta and McCallum will never work as a pair.

I don't think you can play all 3 either, a 3412 is too attacking unless you play more defensive wing backs, and a 4312 has no width.

As it stands I feel like Akanbi and Walker are fighting for one slot, and Balanta and McCallum are fighting for the other.
Dag82

The thing is, that the best partnership, is not the same as who are the best 2 players.

Akanbi seemed to link the team together better on Saturday, because he gave us an outlet.

We kept pinging fairly hit and hope type balls down the channels, but for once, we had a willing runner, who made quite a few of those balls, look better than they were.

Akanbi with Walker, or with Balanta, either looks workable to me.

McCallum ??, sorry but I think the team works better without him.
themightydagger

Dag82 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:21 pm The thing is, that the best partnership, is not the same as who are the best 2 players.

Akanbi seemed to link the team together better on Saturday, because he gave us an outlet.

We kept pinging fairly hit and hope type balls down the channels, but for once, we had a willing runner, who made quite a few of those balls, look better than they were.

Akanbi with Walker, or with Balanta, either looks workable to me.

McCallum ??, sorry but I think the team works better without him.
So we're playing better now than the first 6 games. Walker and McCallum are the business.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:23 pm All 3 of McCallum, Balanta and Walker have poor injury records. It's probably irrelevant what our first choice is because they're never all fit. I think it's clear you need some amount of pace up there though, so Balanta and McCallum will never work as a pair.

I don't think you can play all 3 either, a 3412 is too attacking unless you play more defensive wing backs, and a 4312 has no width.

As it stands I feel like Akanbi and Walker are fighting for one slot, and Balanta and McCallum are fighting for the other.
I Don’t think Balanta’s injury record is too bad, one of those injuries was due to an awful tackle by Will Dehavillande (however you spell it) away at Maidstone which put him out for two months and the the season before last was cut short by Corona so can’t blame him for that.

McCallum played was only injured once last season and played 38 games, his record at previous clubs is very decent. No come back for Walker mind and surprised we went that route with a smaller squad given he played 5 games in the previous 7 months of last season for Barnet, gamble has not paid off yet!
DaggerJoel11

Despite the problematic internal issues of untimely staff departures and an ongoing injury crisis that escalated to the extent of only twelve senior players being able to train ahead of this clash, Dagenham nonetheless registered a crucial victory here.

Match Report & Player Ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... sby-town-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''