No answer?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

I accept that the parent club want whatever they think the player is worth but why say he can go for free in the first place. Also, what about the interests of the player. We never stand in the way of a player bettering themselves. As Sussex I think said, there must be plenty of free agents still knocking about and look what happened on one of the last occasions we shelled out for a tall striker...................Rob Edmans!!!!!
ThatRoundThing

The lad is welsh so I believe International Clearance would also be required. I tend to believe the explanation Wayne gave to Barking & Dagenham Post. Sounds to me that the Taff Club are trying it on.
Lcbdagger

Confused about the 'tapping up' comments... They allowed us to take him on loan and mentioned as much on their website.

Whether we expected to pay for him is s different matter...That side of it sounds terribly naive on our part
USADAGGER nick

ThatRoundThing wrote:The lad is welsh so I believe International Clearance would also be required. I tend to believe the explanation Wayne gave to Barking & Dagenham Post. Sounds to me that the Taff Club are trying it on.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot; doesn't international clearance just matter if he's outside the UK? Or is it the EU?
ThatRoundThing

USADAGGER nick wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:The lad is welsh so I believe International Clearance would also be required. I tend to believe the explanation Wayne gave to Barking & Dagenham Post. Sounds to me that the Taff Club are trying it on.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot; doesn't international clearance just matter if he's outside the UK? Or is it the EU?

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/files/thef ... 13-14.ashx

He is registered with a Welsh FA club nick, the above should explain all.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
So all you disappointed fans out there ask yourself this Do you pay 20k for him and his wages or do you offer that 20k to somebody like Hines in additional wages over two years? I know what I would have.
Given that an unproven player like Doidge wouldn't command much in the way of wages I doubt a combined fee and wages would really make much difference in signing anyone else.

It's really time to give up on Hines. He doesn't want to be here, he's turned down enough offers now.
Has he? Even though he was at the ground on Saturday?
Yes he has. He was offered an extension is January and didn't sign it and has been offered a deal since the end of the season despite his injury, but doesn't want to sign it.
Let's be honest, he only signed in the first place when he had no other option. Time to move on.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:I would think we did check with them? They seem quite encouraging on their twitter, wishing him good luck and tweeting when he's scored for us. He also had a trial at Newport, did they tap him up aswell? He's obviously said he wants to try his luck in football league, and they have accepted that, just a lack of communication regarding fee.

Tweets being:
"@CarmarthenAFC: @Chris_Doidge good luck next week"
"@CarmarthenAFC: Good to see that #oldgold striker @Chris_Doidge was on target tonight for Daggers"
"@CarmarthenAFC: OldGold's @Chris_Doidge finds net again⚽
Tottenham Hotspur XI Dagenham and Redbridge Match Report 2nd August 2014 http://t.co/3HwNTGAg2h"
No one has said he was tapped up. I've just questioned whether it could be considered as such IF he was under contract.
If we had checked with them first, then there wouldn't have been the confusion that there has been. I'm not sure why we'd have also been asking the player if he was available on a free if that had been checked. It would be a bit pointless.

The whole thing doesn't reflect particularly well on either club. It looks like he is out of contract, so there isn't a transfer fee payable. There would, as diggerthedog, points out, be compensation which is set by a tribunal if the clubs don't agree something first.
On that basis, I'm not sure why we don't sign him anyway and take the risk with the tribunal. The compensation set is normally a lot lower than the 'selling' clubs thinks the player is worth anyway. He's not been with them that long either.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Adrian wrote:Given that an unproven player like Doidge wouldn't command much in the way of wages I doubt a combined fee and wages would really make much difference in signing anyone else.

It's really time to give up on Hines. He doesn't want to be here, he's turned down enough offers now.
Has he? Even though he was at the ground on Saturday?
Yes he has. He was offered an extension is January and didn't sign it and has been offered a deal since the end of the season despite his injury, but doesn't want to sign it.
Let's be honest, he only signed in the first place when he had no other option. Time to move on.
I can always hope, he won't be fit until October at the earliest, he hasn't signed for anyone else yet, he was at the ground on Saturday, Porter only signed a short deal... I'm hoping lol
USADAGGER nick

It does make sense. porters deal runs out when Zavs supposed to be fit
bearaab

Why are people so desperate for a player who only wants to play for us because no one else wants him? I'd prefer Porter to have a great opening to the season and sign a contract extension.

Haven't seen any of pre season due to being out of the country but everyone seems impressed by Doige so hopefully something can be sorted.
Diggerthedog

Turns out the Chairman we have been trying to call left in June?!
Dagdale

Like many quite impressed with Doidge, tall guy rises up and seems to get well stuck in but why have we with just a week or under before the season gets under way left it this late to fill a very important role in our side -an out and out striker? Surely we could have found one a level down in the Conference who would jump at the chance to rise up one League and been very keen to do well.
Lcbdagger

bearaab wrote:Why are people so desperate for a player who only wants to play for us because no one else wants him? I'd prefer Porter to have a great opening to the season and sign a contract extension.

Haven't seen any of pre season due to being out of the country but everyone seems impressed by Doige so hopefully something can be sorted.
I wouldn't say many are 'desperate' for us to sign him, but if he is fit in December, we can sign him and have saved half a season's worth of wages on him... the quality of the guy is there for all to see... I would doubt his work rate in a few games last season and his defensive capabilities didn't impress too much which put a lot of work on our full backs, but I reckon in half a season he could score more than Porter or Hemmings will in 40 odd games
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:Turns out the Chairman we have been trying to call left in June?!
We don't know what we're doing. We don't know what we're doing.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Turns out the Chairman we have been trying to call left in June?!
We don't know what we're doing. We don't know what we're doing.
Sack the Board :lol: :lol: :lol: