Andre Boucaud

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Signed on a 1 year deal. Looked good when I've seen him, very good on the ball! http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 10723.aspx
Diggerthedog

Great signing with Bingham out crocked again.
leewilson

From a reliable Notts County fan:

Boucaud is a genuinely excellent player, but only if you're willing to completely build a team around him. He's entirely incapable of playing in a midfield two, in particular - doing so is basically suicide. He's slow and can't tackle, apart from an occasional horror tackle that he's somehow avoided getting sent off for so far, but on the ball he'll be as good as anything in the division. If you're happy to play a relatively slow game, building attacks and keeping the ball, there's probably no one better in the lower leagues. He very rarely gives it away (although when he does it tends to be in a catastrophic place), can play out of some really tight places and sometimes comes up with an absolutely brilliant through ball.

When we played 4-2-3-1 under Keith Curle, dominated possession and largely played a slow, methodical game, he was probably our best player. Last season under Derry, when we played 4-4-2 with him and, ironically enough, Labadie as a pairing for a while, it was a disaster. Unless his midfield partner is Patrick Vieira, it'll be very hard not to get overrun.

I do love him, though, amongst the most naturally gifted footballers i've seen at Notts, although a very difficult one to use properly. There's something inherently beautiful about a nutmeg that's pulled off on the edge of your own penalty area.

He's amazing at pre-season because of the pace/lack of intensity. he'd be an incredible five-a-side player.
Lcbdagger

Potentially (based only a couple of friendlies mind) the best signing of the Summer... certainly even more of a suprise than Cureton (or even Hines last year). Thought he was a class above Colchester in the friendly and they placed a strong side against us.

If Bingham continues his injury record then we will not sign a better defensive player with our formation to sit in front of the back four, keep the passes short and quick or take the ball from the keeper and start an attack going.

I completely dismissed calls for us to sign him against Colchester as he just looked too strong for a League Two team.
NickMurphy

I know this is about Boucard, or however his name is spelt, but I fear for Bingham's place in the starting XI now. We seem to have an overload of centre-mids at the moment, and with only 2 or 3 starting positions there, I think he'll find it hard to get game time, which is a real shame because as we all say every season if it wasn't for his injury record he probably would have been a consistent starter for us over the last two years.

Really hope he pulls it together, but with another injury that he's already got, it could be difficult for him.
Dagdale

quote from our new boy: 'Come Saturday we've got to go and get three points, not a draw, not a loss, so we can get off to the best possible start'- brilliant! No better confidence booster and positive outlook than that, think we're going enjoy his company, and take the Daggers forward!
Richie

Not been to any friendlies so hard to comment on him and Labadie but this signing seems to be a waste of money for me. I highly doubt he's on peanuts and I don't think we needed another CM.

I of course retract this statement if he scores from 30 yards on Sat
Lcbdagger

Not certain we can simultaneously complain we have too many centre mids whilst wondering how players will get in the squad that aren't fit or continually injured... The guy is better than what we have at what he does so how can it be a problem? We wouldn't have got the bloke in if we couldn't afford him
matt_drfc

You can never have enough good players I'd say!
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Not certain we can simultaneously complain we have too many centre mids whilst wondering how players will get in the squad that aren't fit or continually injured... The guy is better than what we have at what he does so how can it be a problem? We wouldn't have got the bloke in if we couldn't afford him
But we can't afford a fee for Doidge.
I'm not convinced we really needed another central midfielder, or that he's as good as some seem to think.
He was knocking around at conference level for a long time and all we've seen is a couple of friendlies where there wasn't any real pressure on players with the ball.
leewilson

NickMurphy wrote:I know this is about Boucard, or however his name is spelt, but I fear for Bingham's place in the starting XI now. We seem to have an overload of centre-mids at the moment, and with only 2 or 3 starting positions there, I think he'll find it hard to get game time, which is a real shame because as we all say every season if it wasn't for his injury record he probably would have been a consistent starter for us over the last two years.

Really hope he pulls it together, but with another injury that he's already got, it could be difficult for him.
Hate to say it but I think Bingham's done. Wouldn't surprise me if he was another one on the mid season release line. Ashame as I think he's got real ability but he just can't put together a significant period of time where he's fit.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Not certain we can simultaneously complain we have too many centre mids whilst wondering how players will get in the squad that aren't fit or continually injured... The guy is better than what we have at what he does so how can it be a problem? We wouldn't have got the bloke in if we couldn't afford him
I'm not convinced we really needed another central midfielder, or that he's as good as some seem to think.
He was knocking around at conference level for a long time and all we've seen is a couple of friendlies where there wasn't any real pressure on players with the ball.
Hang on... 'Conference level for a long time'?? The man played 49 games last season for a League One side... where is the conference level relevant in any way?

How else are we justifying the purchase of any of the less exciting players (any of the 11, take your pick) if not based on a 'couple of friendlies'? Hardly anyone we signed this summer has even played in a friendly when we have been victorious
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Hang on... 'Conference level for a long time'?? The man played 49 games last season for a League One side... where is the conference level relevant in any way?

How else are we justifying the purchase of any of the less exciting players (any of the 11, take your pick) if not based on a 'couple of friendlies'? Hardly anyone we signed this summer has even played in a friendly when we have been victorious
49 games but still got released and dropped down a level.
The conference level is relevant as he's spent far more time at that level than he has at League 1 level. That suggests to me that the period at league 1 level is the exception rather than the norm. That is, he isn't quite as good as is being made out. How do you judge that he is better than what we have at what he does from what you've seen of him.
I'm not sure what justification of other signings has to do with it.
Lcbdagger

Thought my post was pretty clear... Hey ho...

Other players have been signed on mediocre pre season games... Boucard played two excellent games... The comparison with other signings is perfectly relevant.

Again the lower league issue is a misnomer as his most recent club played him 49 times last season in a higher division. Only dropped out of the picture when a new manager came in. Nobody else signed this summer had nearly fifty games for a league one side next season.

I said he's better than what we have as I went to the pre season games and saw him play... Not certain how else you firm an opinion to be honest???

A most curious post even from the 'Wayne can do no right' fan club member
dagger4eva

LCB ... l think what Adrian is trying to say is that this is another signing that measures zero on the excitement-ometer.