Southend (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

So, we've finally able to say this season against Southend:
Played 3, won 3, scored 8, conceded 0.
Dag82

Good result, but won't count for sh*t, if not followed up with 3 points on Saturday.

Season is on the line, must win game,
Mick Dagger

Sagres wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:42 am Last nights attendance 7542 (483 away fans)
7542 (485 away fans)

Me and a mate sat in with the Shrimpers :grin:
daggersjeff

The BBC had us down as winning 4-0 last night!
Counted Morias's goal and Arnold own goal as seperate!! :grin:
SUSSEX DAGGER

3 clean sheets on the trot in league and only 1 goal conceaded from a pen in the last 360 minutes.

Now consider we had only kept 4 in the previous 29 and and at seasons end I don't think Zoumo will be the only one kicking the cat ,That used to be a well used metaphor before the pc brigade start .

If we can keep up our sudden improvement in this vital area then we will make the target.
Said at start of season you need 70 goals and 15 clean sheets it will be the failure in only one of these areas that cost us.

With Manny back and us suddenly looking far more resolute at the back we still have hope of getting near the 15 I thought we needed.

Big few weeks coming up with any amount of six pointers involving all the teams in the top 10 , victory Saturday and the right result at Grimsby we suddenly find ourselves in 7th .

Let's hope we can keep it going .

Sounded a transformed side last night . I wonder what Dagenham team will turn up Saturday
Mark

That's always the worry isn't it, which Dagenham will turn up. There's been a lot of false dawns this season. We need to turn up every single week between now and the end of the season. We need to beat at least 2 of the sides above us, maybe even 3 if we don't get results elsewhere.
Diggerthedog

Exactly this, from 11th down all these teams have nothing to play for they can’t reach the play offs and they can’t really go down as the bottom 3 are as good as gone. We went on a big run back end of last season against these sides who have nothing to play for so should be beating everyone.

Come Bromley away 4.45pm we will know our fate but I still think we have a little bit too much to do as no room for error.
DaggerJoel11

Exceptional performance. Electric away end ⚔️

𝙈𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃 𝙍𝙀𝙋𝙊𝙍𝙏 from our eagerly-anticipated trip to Roots Hall, where Dagenham delivered an exhilarating night for their supporters by dismantling Essex rivals Southend for a third time this season:

https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-3
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''