International Fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

When I listen to the commentary on MixIr there seem to be a few of us international fans posting. And the commentary people do a great job of giving a shout-out to those of us overseas and listening.

One is from Australia. I think I have noticed someone form Canada. I certainly remember someone from Arizona, Pennsylvania, and I live in North Carolina and all three of us in the USA And it seems I remember someone from Germany as well.

I am not sure if anyone from the area around Memphis has commented on MixIr, which is a shame given the connection to the Memphis club.

I am just wondering if any of those fans on MixIr are here on the Sieve.

Why are you a fan of the Daggers?

I started following the Daggers at the VERY end of last season due to the fact that my sister is married to someone that grew up in Dagenham and both my sister and her wife live is Dagenham now. My sister moved over there about 3 or 4 years ago. They married after same-sex marriage become a legally binding agreement in both countries a few years before my sister moved to Dagenham.

I have really gotten into it and look forward to listening to the fixtures on MixIr or BBC when it streams and when I can't get any commentary I do follow along on Twitter or online scoreboards.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
jag

Saturdays kick off time has been given as 7.45pm, this is an error it is actually 3pm. The mixlr commentary starts approx 10 mins prior to kick off.
McLeansvilleAppFan

The areas of the US that go to summer time do so last Sunday morning so those in the eastern seaboard states the games will be starting at 11 am. The normal 5 hour difference is a 4 hour difference for a few weeks in March.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well, this ended up being a lonely post. I was hoping to find some other international fans out there. I know they exist.
davei

Okay, not ignoring your post, been busy. Long time Dagenham fan, now based on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada....
McLeansvilleAppFan

davei wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:45 pm Okay, not ignoring your post, been busy. Long time Dagenham fan, now based on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada....
So guilt or making me few unwanted drove you to post a reply. I'll take it. :-)

Seriously, any backstory on why you are a fan of the Daggers. For some reason it sounds like you may have moved across the Atlantic (and North America)

I also love trains so I was looking up the trains on Vancouver Island. It seems both freight and Via Rail passenger service is suspended due to track condition. What a shame to read.
davei

I started being a Daggers fan in the mid to late '50's. I lived just around the corner from Victoria Road and one day just followed the crowds and the noise and that was it until November 1975 when I left Dagenham and moved to Saskatchewan, then later to Vancouver Island, a true piece of heaven.
I've followed the team even while living in Canada but have become pissed off with all the complaints over managers/coaches I now see on this forum so often, so rarely get involved. Check the results every weekend, but that's about it.
There is a very small use of the rail system in the middle of the island for container and commercial items, but there has been no consumer rail service for perhaps 20 years or more. You are right, the line is in total disrepair and to fix the problems it would take upwards of $500 million, so it ain't gonna happen...........
McLeansvilleAppFan

davei wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:08 am I started being a Daggers fan in the mid to late '50's. I lived just around the corner from Victoria Road and one day just followed the crowds and the noise and that was it until November 1975 when I left Dagenham and moved to Saskatchewan, then later to Vancouver Island, a true piece of heaven.
I've followed the team even while living in Canada but have become pissed off with all the complaints over managers/coaches I now see on this forum so often, so rarely get involved. Check the results every weekend, but that's about it.
There is a very small use of the rail system in the middle of the island for container and commercial items, but there has been no consumer rail service for perhaps 20 years or more. You are right, the line is in total disrepair and to fix the problems it would take upwards of $500 million, so it ain't gonna happen...........
You likely know this but I have been able to listen to most all the home fixtures and many of the away fixtures through the Daggers on internet feed on MixIR. A few times it has been the opposing clubs audio feed over the internet. Finally various BBC radio stations cover a lot of the National League and those broadcasts are generally not blocked from me listening.

I guess you have an 8 hour time difference as I am 5 hours and the US and Canadian pacific coast is 3 hours behind me. 8 am start time for Saturday fixtures for you I guess.
daggersjeff

I'm moving to Scotland in June. Will that make me an international fan? :grin:
McLeansvilleAppFan

daggersjeff wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:00 pm I'm moving to Scotland in June. Will that make me an international fan? :grin:
In the eyes of the football world I would say yes, Scotland is a football country, so you will be an international fan. In terms of internal United Kingdom politics I will pass and let those closer to the action comment. That discussion is no-win for me as a citizen of the US.

If I can say one thing that might be a bit political. I appreciate how you guys don't start every athletic event with your national anthem. I am NOT a flag waver and just find it tiresome and just too much.