Brentford Coca cola Cup First Road

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Brentford won't put out a first full team anyway so we always have a chance.

For what it's worth I'd like to see Partridge given a go on Tuesday, thought he looked good in pre-season. Goldberg should also start, although I'd say it's a given he will as there's little point in playing Cureton Saturday/Tuesday when we don't need to - unless Wayne wants a partnership to form of course.
matt_drfc

Could always give Nouble a go?
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:Could always give Nouble a go?
From the short performances in pre season we can give him a go with Goldberg... if he gets a match ahead of Bradley then he might as well pack his bags now. A proper short man/ basketball player partnership may work. Not convinced from what I saw of him that Nouble has the first touch to hold the ball up well enough for a big guy which will be an issue.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:Maybe you could give us some positive input while you're still here.
One game doesn't make a season. There's 45 games that could still be won.
NickMurphy

matt_drfc wrote:Could always give Nouble a go?
I wouldn't be against that. Thought he looked ok in pre-season.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Surely you can't have a player like Goldberg making his first start for a league team up front on his own? He's about 5ft tall and would get hauled off on the hour, with Arnu shouting his mouth off about how he should never play for the club again
matt_drfc

Was thinking earlier and I'd be tempted to go without an out and out striker, like we did v Colchester with Chambers the furthest forward in a free role and Porter & Hemmings on wings. It's not like we have a striker that we can play off of, so we might aswell have more men in the middle and pace on the wings, no one for their centre backs to see as the man to pick up.. It's worth a try anyway!
matt_drfc

matt_drfc wrote:Was thinking earlier and I'd be tempted to go without an out and out striker, like we did v Colchester with Chambers the furthest forward in a free role and Porter & Hemmings on wings. It's not like we have a striker that we can play off of, so we might aswell have more men in the middle and pace on the wings, no one for their centre backs to see as the man to pick up.. It's worth a try anyway!
Well...
Paul from Barking

Was it a good game tonight then, chaps? Looked good on teletext. Twelve goals & six penalties. Must have been some match but we are still league cup virgins. is that 7 or 8 losses now?
dagger4eva

Its 8 .... unfortunately.
Just about recovered, time for some shuteye and give or at least try to give my version of events tomorrow.

What a game .... ****** me!

What would life be without football aye!!!???