Brentford Coca cola Cup First Road

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Think we need to play our strongest possible team to get a settled side, porter for Hemmings would be my only change. Brentford will play a weakened side so a sniff of a chance to get a result.
ARNU

Wayne has his strongest test yet now in how he sorts out this team of his.Even as his greatest fan,Im having a big wobble now.This is now truly Burnetts team,he has belief in it we have to believe too though.Has he got the minerals for a hard time ? Or will he stand up and be counted ?
As for the game....We wont win.What are we gonna do ? Hoof against them as well probably. Heavy defeat again I think.Brentford wont want to get knocked out of a cup will they ? Man utd might put out a B-team but Brentford will want a cup run too and wont want to lose to the 92nd club in the league.I know its ages since our 3-0 home defeat to Morecambe YESTERDAY but I cant see why we'd beat anyone of a decent calibre right now if we cant beat Morecambe.

Save ya money.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Oxhead

I'm a supporter, I'll be there cheering us on
ThatRoundThing

I will be at Chelsea cheering Real Sociedad on. :lol: :lol:
bearaab

One loss and it's the end of the ******** world. I remember why I stopped posting here now. Pathetic.
ARNU

Maybe you could give us some positive input while you're still here.
Lcbdagger

bearaab wrote:One loss and it's the end of the ******** world. I remember why I stopped posting here now. Pathetic.
Enjoy the game in that case
leewilson

-----------------------Cousins

Partridge-----Doe----Saah----Connors

-------------Ogogo-----Boucard----------

Chambers---------Labadie------Porter

---------------------Goldberg

I'm not sure Batt is fit enough yet. I assume Labadie is fit enough if he was on the bench Saturday and even so, it can be a good 60 minutes or so for him. Porter did alright when he came on Saturday and deserves a start. I wouldn't make Cureton play 3 games in a week so this is one he can surely sit out and let Goldberg show what he can do as I can't remember him starting a first team friendly in pre season at all.
mickeyblue

*******************cousins***************

partridge doe gayle conners

************ogogo howell*************

porter chambers hemmings

************cureton***************

no way goldberg ready 4 a start is why he hasnt had 1. id give him 30 mins at least tho.

like to see chambers more in middle tho
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

leewilson wrote:-----------------------Cousins

I'm not sure Batt is fit enough yet. I assume Labadie is fit enough if he was on the bench Saturday and even so, it can be a good 60 minutes or so for him. Porter did alright when he came on Saturday and deserves a start. I wouldn't make Cureton play 3 games in a week so this is one he can surely sit out and let Goldberg show what he can do as I can't remember him starting a first team friendly in pre season at all.
Do you not think 5 changes will just confuse them all again ? FWIW I don't think Batt did much wrong Saturday,if anything he got stuck in.We didn't lose because of the right back.
Lcbdagger

If we are going to potentially play two in the centre of midfield, surely we need two in attack? The idea of replacing Cureton with Goldberg and then leaving him stranded on his own (all 4 ft 10 of him) gives me cold sweats
redboy

Batt isn't fit, so give Partridge a run out. Luke Howell is playing below par so replace him too. I wouldn't tinker too much as we need to build a settled side, wholesale changes rarely work. The result isn't that important, it's the performance and something to build on for next sat.

ps. Brentford are only 10/11 to win
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:-----------------------Cousins

Didn't think Labadie was that type of midfielder? Saw him more as a powerful battling midfielder, may be wrong though.. I'd go with:

..........Cousins
Batt, Doe, Saah, Connors
.......Ogogo, Labadie
Porter, Chambers, Hemmings
..........Goldberg
ARNU

Have we got an alternative to Connors now.We need a far stronger left back.Shame Wayne hated Femi and destroyed his confidence.
Richie

ARNU wrote:Have we got an alternative to Connors now.We need a far stronger left back.Shame Wayne hated Femi and destroyed his confidence.
Nathan Green but he's injured I think