Attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:August is always a little bit quieter due to holidays. Plus Orient were home and West Ham had a home friendly. I wasn't expecting many more in all honesty. Providing we don't completely flop for the next 2 months or so, I'd expect the home support to go up by maybe an extra hundred or two on average.
This post probably sums it up best.But I would say the casual fan may well have been put off now for reasons I stated earlier.The providing we don't flop statement is key here too.Our core following looks to be around 13-1400 of those id imagine a third aren't ST holders.With poor performances that can only get worse.I can only speak for me but I would be at the Brentford game if I thought we had a reasonable chance.From what I see yesterday Im sorry to say I don't think we really do.So I hope we win,but Im having a night off and saving £30.

If we are going to be a serious league club we probably need to have a real shake up at board level.Before you all go apeshit,its the only thing that hasn't changed since we've been a league club.We change players all the time,even the manager although we should have sacked the last bloke 3 seasons ago.In the end he just shat on us from a great height because nobody had the balls to sort him out.He effectively ran the club,not the board.This lot are slow to react to our needs.

Even things I was moaning about 3-4 years ago are only being addressed now its too late.
Suddenly we can go in the TBS remember it was an absolute impossibility when I 1st raised it.
Suddenly we can have cheap entry despite that also being an impossibility for many years.Sorry but that's how I see it.How many times must we not have the new shirt ready for the new season ?
Why aint anyone kicking some arse ? We do everything too late.What next a roof at bury Road end to keep the 30 or so that stand there these days dry.
T H E C L U B I S R U N B Y T O R TO I S E S A N D I S S L O W T O R E A C T. You watch,we'll get a striker in about January.Who's the chairman again ??
mate ffs try pressing enter so others can read your post properly.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Yeah we lost to Fleetwood away but be fair,they were a strong side and we weren't expecting to win.Yesterday,I wasn't really expecting to win either but was hoping we'd nick a draw at least.I think I did predict a heavy home defeat if Morecambe were their usual selves and they were.No doubt the Brentford fans will almost outnumber the home crowd and will destroy us from the outset.The away team only need 1 goal to completely ruin any spirit we start with just like yesterday.

Pessimism aside for a moment..

What will the team that played yesterday suddenly be able to do that they didn't Saturday ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:
ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:August is always a little bit quieter due to holidays. Plus Orient were home and West Ham had a home friendly. I wasn't expecting many more in all honesty. Providing we don't completely flop for the next 2 months or so, I'd expect the home support to go up by maybe an extra hundred or two on average.
This post probably sums it up best.But I would say the casual fan may well have been put off now for reasons I stated earlier.The providing we don't flop statement is key here too.Our core following looks to be around 13-1400 of those id imagine a third aren't ST holders.With poor performances that can only get worse.I can only speak for me but I would be at the Brentford game if I thought we had a reasonable chance.From what I see yesterday Im sorry to say I don't think we really do.So I hope we win,but Im having a night off and saving £30.

If we are going to be a serious league club we probably need to have a real shake up at board level.Before you all go apeshit,its the only thing that hasn't changed since we've been a league club.We change players all the time,even the manager although we should have sacked the last bloke 3 seasons ago.In the end he just shat on us from a great height because nobody had the balls to sort him out.He effectively ran the club,not the board.This lot are slow to react to our needs.

Even things I was moaning about 3-4 years ago are only being addressed now its too late.
Suddenly we can go in the TBS remember it was an absolute impossibility when I 1st raised it.
Suddenly we can have cheap entry despite that also being an impossibility for many years.Sorry but that's how I see it.How many times must we not have the new shirt ready for the new season ?
Why aint anyone kicking some arse ? We do everything too late.What next a roof at bury Road end to keep the 30 or so that stand there these days dry.
T H E C L U B I S R U N B Y T O R TO I S E S A N D I S S L O W T O R E A C T. You watch,we'll get a striker in about January.Who's the chairman again ??
mate ffs try pressing enter so others can read your post properly.
LOL!! Sorry got carried away.
Diggerthedog

Wonder if Hereford fans wished they had kept there old board.
ARNU

We got a board that's got just staying up as its highest goal.Grey men in suits and a chairman I still wouldnt know who he was.Well that's all well and good but not conjusive to much in the way of exciting winning football or stuffing the ground with hoards of new supporters.
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Suddenly we can go in the TBS remember it was an absolute impossibility when I 1st raised it.
Suddenly we can have cheap entry despite that also being an impossibility for many years.
What you raised was making the TBS the home end and completely re-configuring the ground to make it happen. What has actually happened was that the TBS has been made available to a few supporters willing to pay extra for a few games a season, and it's hardly used anyway.

Then what you raised was reducing prices across the board. No-one said it was impossible - what they said was that it was a bad idea as it would reduce revenue as a whole.
What has happened is that season ticket prices were reduced and the increase in sales doesn't appear to have been at the level that would be needed to offset the loss from people just paying less.

So, essentially, you wanted two things, neither happened the way you wanted, but you claim to have got them anyway.
Mark

Numbers in the bar seem to be dwindling more than the terrace.
ThatRoundThing

Mark wrote:Numbers in the bar seem to be dwindling more than the terrace.
As I said previously, if they won't look after their beer properly then drinkers will still drink , but go elsewhere for a pint.
Richie

Personally I like having a board that knows nothing about football, leave that to the manager!
redboy

I'm a bitter bloke but the beer in the clubhouse is rancid. I imagine that many of the away fans coming from north of Watford drink bitter too, so we need to wise up.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:[
So, essentially, you wanted two things, neither happened the way you wanted, but you claim to have got them anyway.
Did I get what I wanted ? Not entirely but the impossible became possible at least,and far more possible than you ever thought.

I'm sure Steve Thompson pretty much wrote off the idea of having the TBS for home fans would be a safety issue and wouldn't be allowed.He saw no need to investigate the matter further at that time. You bleated on that it would be impossible and poured shit on every idea and configuration I came up with.Then when things moved in my direction(And we were certain relegation fodder)the club caved in and it was possible after all.Also,in some cases like the Crawley game where they did exactly what I suggested you then jumped on the bandwagon with the few others that didn't like the idea,moaning that they'd lose their place on the terraces,or there wouldn't be enough toilet facilities yadda yadda yadda, and how you wouldn't want to attend anymore etc....It was a good idea then and is still a good one now.The fact that most games we could fit all our home support in there and the family stand together makes a mockery of opening up the whole ground really.We could actually shut the thing altogether but how would we fleece the away support ? (That could still be done by the way)

My £12 (I think it was) entrance fee was impossible to you too.You did an essay to me about how stupid I was and how the numbers didn't add up and now Im watching for £8 a game.Im sure you'll go all accountant on me again now but the fact is its done mate. I happen to think the season ticket being that cheap this late in the day (As opposed to 2-3 years ago)has just made regulars who paid on the gate sign up in advance for half price.I think its killed off large numbers of casual supporters.It was a welcome but costly mistake to go so cheap.No way will I spend anymore than I do or did in the bar or club shop because of it.Unless of course I want another shirt that id have bought anyway if only they had them in stock.

Interestingly I was told it would cost in excess of £750 k to build some sort of roof structure at the Bury Road end,and although my idea was mainly in jest to wind up the slower members on here I still believe that excuse and estimate to be bollocks too.
NickMurphy

If the clubhouse charged £2.50 a pint (or less) only on a matchday basis, I'd likely go in there every home game, and I imagine the crowds would swell in there both before and after, regardless of the taste of the beer.