Christian Doidge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote: Again football behaves far differently from all other businesses.Nods,winks and handshakes and grubby little deals with agents.You get what you deserve don't ya ? Who'd believe any Dagenham and Redbridge player would have or even need an agent anyway.I suppose if you have the brain functionality of an average footballer you would need someone to tell you the difference between a good idea and a bad one.
Footballers at much lower levels than ours seem to have agents now. I can understand it to an extent, but what I don't understand is why clubs use agents to sign players.
We never used to, and I think it's a little concerning if we're starting to. It can't be that hard for one manager or chairman to phone another. What's the point in paying someone to arrange it when that money could go towards the playing budget?
Way the game is I am afraid, refuse to deal with Agents and you don't get the Player I would imagine.

As you say a lot of Players with very limited ability appear to have agents,proven by some of our Summer recruits.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

dagger4eva wrote:Look everyone - can we please just get over the signing of Doidge. He doesnt want to be here, its time to move on !!!!!
I think the point is he literally does want to be here
dagger4eva

Yes .... obviously!!

It was a gentle bit of poking fun at previous comments made before Zavon re-signed.
So.. can we just please move on …. Its time to move on !!!

:lol: :geek:
matt_drfc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Footballers at much lower levels than ours seem to have agents now. I can understand it to an extent, but what I don't understand is why clubs use agents to sign players.
We never used to, and I think it's a little concerning if we're starting to. It can't be that hard for one manager or chairman to phone another. What's the point in paying someone to arrange it when that money could go towards the playing budget?
As far as I have heard, plenty of calls were made, and messages left. If the person at the other end doesn't want to answer, then makes up some random bull on what he says happened to those calls he didn't answer, this is where we find ourselves.

Remember Gomis-sing?
Currently at Hearts, previously Dundee United & Birmingham!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Bristol Rovers Manager Darryl Clarke wanted to sign him but has stated in an interview he will be joining us this week .

Looks like we have now sorted out who has got the biggest willey if this is true.
matt_drfc

Another one we didn't give up on :D
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Bristol Rovers Manager Darryl Clarke wanted to sign him but has stated in an interview he will be joining us this week .

Looks like we have now sorted out who has got the biggest willey if this is true.
Was they not talking about Cureton.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Bristol Rovers Manager Darryl Clarke wanted to sign him but has stated in an interview he will be joining us this week .

Nope :D
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Nope :D
Do you have a link?
searmh

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/art ... 24870.aspx

mentioned towards bottom but no name attached as to player but fingers crossed its doidge...either way looks like we are signing a striker
Diggerthedog

ARNU

This Droige bloke,is anyone a little disturbed he and his agent have now wound up 2 clubs in as many weeks ?

Is he any good then ? Is it worth the agg ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Spoke to Thommo last night he said that he is constantly in dialogue with Carmarthen, and they apologised etc.. And that Wayne was working tirelessly to get the deal done. I asked why it went wrong initially he said they (Carmarthen) saw more pound signs than we were offering.. Looks like today it's advanced and it's close to being done after he's turned down Bristol Rovers.
Lcbdagger

Hang on... wasn't he being touted to League One and Championship teams according the to Carmaerthen Chairman? Now he's suddenly turning down a Conference team??