Christian Doidge

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger92

Just seen this on the Camarthen Town Website, I really think the club needs to respond to this because if this is true it is not very professional and a disappointing way to conduct business.

http://www.carmarthentownafc.com/chairm ... ndred.html
EastLDN

Smacks of face saving by their chairman, especially the oh well he is too good for you anyway as he can play for bigger boys. Back in him for him in Jan when no one else has taken him
Dagdale

Really wish we would have got him with us and registered before season start and unleashed him against Morecambe. He struck me especially his leap to put us a goal back versus Spurs X111 a player who could have given those big bugger defenders of Morecambe a run for their money, and as we were messed up on two of those three goals by that dismal ref who should have gone to specsavers it may have been a complete different outcome and a lot better Saturday start for us all. Really feel it wont be the last of this affair to take him to the Vic.
Lcbdagger

Dagger92 wrote:Just seen this on the Camarthen Town Website, I really think the club needs to respond to this because if this is true it is not very professional and a disappointing way to conduct business.

Spot on... can't see how we let this lie with just their side of the story
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:
Dagger92 wrote:Just seen this on the Camarthen Town Website, I really think the club needs to respond to this because if this is true it is not very professional and a disappointing way to conduct business.

Spot on... can't see how we let this lie with just their side of the story
I'm going to go with it being because we can't really contradict the statement made by their chairman, and any statement we make now is only going to confirm it and make the original Post report look even worse than it did (what with it not managing to get their chairmans name right).
dagger4eva

Look everyone - can we please just get over the signing of Doidge. He doesnt want to be here, its time to move on !!!!!
ARNU

I thought Wayne said he spoke to the player and he said he was available on a free.Hardly the most professional approach.Surely all that should have been looked into thoroughly before any trial.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Blimey we've been over this before haven't we? :roll:
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:Blimey we've been over this before haven't we? :roll:
First time I've really aired an opinion on this matter.

I believe what I read from Waynes point of view was basically correct information.It all seems unsurprisingly un professional as usual.

Again football behaves far differently from all other businesses.Nods,winks and handshakes and grubby little deals with agents.You get what you deserve don't ya ? Who'd believe any Dagenham and Redbridge player would have or even need an agent anyway.I suppose if you have the brain functionality of an average footballer you would need someone to tell you the difference between a good idea and a bad one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
USADAGGER nick

It makes sense that some would have agents. Any full time, and a lot of part time professional athletes over here in America have agents. If someone wants to be a full time athlete, the logical step is to get an agent
Dagger92

dagger4eva and matt_drfc have missed the point. The Chairman of Carmarthen Town is questioning the way Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club do business. If he is right and we have cocked up or if he is wrong then in both instances the club should respond as our integrity and reputation is at stake.
matt_drfc

It was all discussed on the 'No Answer' thread.
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Again football behaves far differently from all other businesses.Nods,winks and handshakes and grubby little deals with agents.You get what you deserve don't ya ? Who'd believe any Dagenham and Redbridge player would have or even need an agent anyway.I suppose if you have the brain functionality of an average footballer you would need someone to tell you the difference between a good idea and a bad one.
Footballers at much lower levels than ours seem to have agents now. I can understand it to an extent, but what I don't understand is why clubs use agents to sign players.
We never used to, and I think it's a little concerning if we're starting to. It can't be that hard for one manager or chairman to phone another. What's the point in paying someone to arrange it when that money could go towards the playing budget?
Mark

When we were in the Ryman, Scott Holding had an agent. Pretty silly but there you go.
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:
Footballers at much lower levels than ours seem to have agents now. I can understand it to an extent, but what I don't understand is why clubs use agents to sign players.
We never used to, and I think it's a little concerning if we're starting to. It can't be that hard for one manager or chairman to phone another. What's the point in paying someone to arrange it when that money could go towards the playing budget?
As far as I have heard, plenty of calls were made, and messages left. If the person at the other end doesn't want to answer, then makes up some random bull on what he says happened to those calls he didn't answer, this is where we find ourselves.

Remember Gomis-sing?