Woking (A) in-game and post game thoughts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
steeevooo

Also an extra special mention to the officials yesterday, who were probably the most diabolical that I have seen for a few years (for both sides). They were almost as clueless as our side.
DaggerJoel11

Awful performance without a single shot on target from ourselves. We have absolutely regressed.

Yet again conceding twice inside a small window. Six minutes last Saturday, three minutes this. After going 1-0 down an absurd amount of times inside ten minutes last season. When will we learn? When will it end?

Yet again both being set-pieces namely corner kicks. Wilkinson thumped the bar from another as well.

Woking were streetwise and robust enough to deal with everything we threw at them, which was essentially nothing anyway minus one moment where Walker was blocked well from close range.

I was left envious of two things about Woking yesterday: the rock solid centre half pairing of Wilkinson and Cuthbert. Then their manager, who has overhauled an inferior squad to ourselves and made them better defensively structured in six months than ours has in 2.5 years.

Very very tedious stuff.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

You know what you get with Sarll I guess. The downside is you'll never get any kind of free flowing football and have to watch your team bore everyone to death. I suppose McMahon is trying to build something a bit more exciting, albeit with obvious flaws. They could very well finish above us based on that showing.
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 am You know what you get with Sarll I guess. The downside is you'll never get any kind of free flowing football and have to watch your team bore everyone to death. I suppose McMahon is trying to build something a bit more exciting, albeit with obvious flaws. They could very well finish above us based on that showing.
The way Woking play is what this division is all about and not trying to play like Barcelona with players that are just not capable, if McMahon lasts the season Woking will finish way above us no doubt they had a very decent summer us on the other had truly awful bar Mussa as already shown two games in. Mass changes is not always good but there is very little competition for places now with such a small squad and it shows.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Just got back from holiday, checking if i need to go tomorrow, nope ! See you when we've found someone who can defend set pieces !
DaggerJoel11

Discontent towards McMahon and his players intensified after a woeful performance during which Daggers typically conceded twice inside a compact window again, both from set-pieces, without mustering a single shot on target in response.

𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''