Please post solicitudes about Yeovil Town (A) here during and post-fixture. And pre-fixture as well this time.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

At what point will fans start to show there feelings from the stands? Many on here have seen enough to say McMahon has to go but when will the protests/demonstrations start? Tomorrow to me is a must win for all involved. Anything less could start a few rumblings from the terraces.
Dagdale

Think Rayleigh the 70 or so fans there at ten to five huddled up on that terrace certainly showed what the f**k has happened to this side? Something is missing big time, this level unless your floating with big bankers like Wrexham or Chesterfield there's going to be more down days than good all we want is the effort and love on wearing the shirt and take out teams building up on us as low fodder.
RayleighDagger1986

Dagdale wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:33 am Think Rayleigh the 70 or so fans there at ten to five huddled up on that terrace certainly showed what the f**k has happened to this side? Something is missing big time, this level unless your floating with big bankers like Wrexham or Chesterfield there's going to be more down days than good all we want is the effort and love on wearing the shirt and take out teams building up on us as low fodder.
Dagdale, there are 22 other teams in this league besides Wrexham and Chesterfield and it would be nice to finish just behind those two, which matches the ambition of the fans and owners. So a top 7 finish is not beyond a club like ours. But that reality seems far distant to where we currently are. 70 odd fans at the end is nothing new, its whether they call for McMahon to go. So far anything along those lines has not been seen by me. But is that likely to change sooner rather than later? Only time will tell
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that was pretty dreadful yesterday.

Lucky not to be three nil down before we even got going.

Twice they forced one on one with Elliot and we were helped by a very poor Centre Forward and once again excellent Goalkeeping.

We created next to nothing first half bar a Westy effort that hit the wrong side of the net after it bounce back off a boundary advertising board . First impression was it was in but alas the Dagger faithful was in for more disappointment.

The goal came after they for the third time caught our appalling defence square they broke down the right and fizzed it across the box where even their appalling Centre Forward could not miss.

We looked better second half but we never looked like scoring in all honesty. Unlucky the one that came back off the post from a McCullum header but there was nothing unlucky about the Travares follow up ,with the Keeper on the ground he volleys the rebound five yards wide from no more the 8 yards out.

In all honesty that was as good as it got.

There is a variety of questions I would like to ask but will stick to two.

We have a Goalkeeper who could earn double the amount of money we are paying him by sitting on the bench for a Championship/Lge 1 side. How much longer Is he going to put up with what's going on in front of him. You could not blame the lad if he chose to say that's enough .

What about Zoumo even he must be thinking why the hell did he sign me. He dont play him even when the hapless Longe King us hauled off after 25 minutes. Told that was an injury hope it was because he looked hopelessly, out if his depth. He replaces him with Valettie who the Manager freely admits was carrying a knock. If he cant get on the Pitch in those circumstances then it appears to me to have been a complete waste of resources signing him.

Something is not right Yeovil will be fighting relegation this season , you will be hard pressed to find a poorer side. Second defeat where the opposition had a former Dagger at the heart of their defence. Like Wilkinson at Woking they had Staunton yesterday who is a no nonsense get it done now type , he must have been close to mom . Sadly we have nothing in our ranks that can compare as yesterday once again prove. Our defence cost us last year and will cost us this year simply because it ain't good enough.

We also must have had a dozen corners yesterday nothing came of any of them because basically each was pretty dreadful.

The only bright bulb on a very dull Christmas Tree was Omusa who looks the part but he sadly is made of glass . If that is what we are pining our hopes on then we are in trouble because he will be marked out by the opposiition very quickly for treatment on the darker side of the game.
Mark

If we can't even trouble someone as limited as Staunton then that says it all.
redboy

Rampant you're spot on mate.

As I have stated many times before, I am staggered that a consortium has invested £££ into an overseas business that has failed for many years and not instilled its own appointed board. I accept that they've potentially saved us from oblivion, but what do the owners know about Football in this country? I am miffed as to what they expect to get out of their investment. Surely it's not a tax loss. They must have looked at the numbers, the attendances and income being generated by many other clubs, so what's their business plan? It's hard to compete anyway, but with a clown as the manager it's impossible.

For the most important investors, us, the fans, we're facing another 9 months of misery, abject performances and under achievement. Attendances won't drop that much as the majority are season ticket holders but its just deja vu once again.

It's not all about money if you look at the league table atm, much is about recruitment. How many times do we get it wrong though? And who makes these appointments? Yes, the board.

Roll on next August.
McLeansvilleAppFan

redboy wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:34 pm Rampant you're spot on mate.

As I have stated many times before, I am staggered that a consortium has invested £££ into an overseas business that has failed for many years and not instilled its own appointed board. I accept that they've potentially saved us from oblivion, but what do the owners know about Football in this country? I am miffed as to what they expect to get out of their investment. Surely it's not a tax loss. They must have looked at the numbers, the attendances and income being generated by many other clubs, so what's their business plan? It's hard to compete anyway, but with a clown as the manager it's impossible.

For the most important investors, us, the fans, we're facing another 9 months of misery, abject performances and under achievement. Attendances won't drop that much as the majority are season ticket holders but its just deja vu once again.

It's not all about money if you look at the league table atm, much is about recruitment. How many times do we get it wrong though? And who makes these appointments? Yes, the board.

Roll on next August.
There is a lot of differences in how the sport is played and financed at the professional level, But the owner's Memphis team is the 4 best overall in the USL Championship and 2nd for the Eastern Conference. That is getting it done over here is seems.

His minor league baseball holdings is harder to use as a gauge since the player and talent is controlled by the major league team.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Memphis have Craig Unger running it, we have a glorified bar manager. It appears to me they’re happy to accept failure this side of the pond, see the last 4 years for valid proof of that. I’m very grateful they stepped in to give us a fighting chance at this level financially but the biggest mistake they made was not to have a clear out at board level.

The last time we saw such a drastic fall in playing performance was the time Hopkin pulled out and only those inside the club knew what was going on, hope it’s not happening again. The budget has clearly been cut, if it hasn’t it’s been the worst summer recruitment wise for a very long time.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Did Peter purchase the Daggers first and then start the Memphis club or the other way around? I can't find exact dates but both seemed to have occurred around the same time.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mark wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:35 pm If we can't even trouble someone as limited as Staunton then that says it all.
Never in any trouble yesterday to be honest Mark.

Last season the defence were helped out by the Foreards . This time last year we had scored 11 , 8 of which came against two of the better sides as the season proved out.
This year we have scored 4 and I don't think any of the four we have played will be better then mid table by the season end.

The Managers inability to coach a defence was hidden but it is showing how valuable a reliable defence is and this Manager clearly has no idea in that vital area.

This time last year I predicted to make playoffs you need 70 goals and 15 clean sheets. We got the goals but we fell short of my estimate by one in shut outs and how costly was that.

This year the forwards are not rescuing the defence , which gets worse by the week. This current binch won't keep the required number of shut outs required and If the Forwards continue in the current vane we are in big trouble
SUSSEX DAGGER

And we know who to blame for that shiny new 2 year contract. The same wally who gave Burnett a 2 year deal on the back of staying up on goal difference. Time for a change on two fronts if this club has any ambition.
[/quote]

Think we all would accept 10th and 12th in League 2 , that is what he acheived in those two years.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:47 am And we know who to blame for that shiny new 2 year contract. The same wally who gave Burnett a 2 year deal on the back of staying up on goal difference. Time for a change on two fronts if this club has any ambition.
Think we all would accept 10th and 12th in League 2 , that is what he acheived in those two years.
[/quote]

And when the spine that John Still left behind dried up so did Burnetts good fortune. Burnett reminds be a little of McMahon in that he might be a decent coach but that don’t make you a good manager of player motivation and tactics etc.

3 managers in a row have been truly terrible and all appointed by one man, Thompson Out.
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:47 am And we know who to blame for that shiny new 2 year contract. The same wally who gave Burnett a 2 year deal on the back of staying up on goal difference. Time for a change on two fronts if this club has any ambition.
[/quote]

I just don't get why the owners are accepting this garbage week in week out. There's no way on god's green earth a Thompson type would tell me things are ok when clearly a glance at the table would be telling me otherwise. I'd want answers and I'd want them yesterday!!
I'd want to know exactly why my money is being pissed down the toilet and my football club is slowly going to shite. And if I didn't get the answers then I'm afraid it'd be adiós to all those involved no matter what the cost.
Americans are renowned for not wanting to be 2nd best, they'll accept things for a while and are generally all for giving people a chance, but when things are continually going down the tubes, you're gone, and Jesus himself won't save you. So why is this happening??
Thompson may be able to talk the hind legs off a donkey, but tables don't lie. The football is terrible, the recruitment is worse, and don't get me started on the manager!
No one expected premier League and a team of Ronaldo's gracing the pitch, but f..k me we should have had some kind of improvement by now surely!
If this is allowed to go on (and I suspect it will) then this club is only heading one way.
I'm grateful for the takeover from our friends from over the pond but seriously you're being taken for a ride.