Please post protestations about Bromley (H) here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Great win today despite a few obvious negatives. The worry is whether this was a one off or if we can maintain the level of intensity for the rest of the season. Bromley had an off day today and we did well to capitalise. Notts County will be a very different prospect on Saturday. First proper test of the season to see if we have improved. Our record against the top sides last season cost us the play offs so we need to show we can knock a few of them over.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Alan

Manny should have come off half an hour before the end. Problem was he had to get Mussa off because as good as he is with the ball - and he is very good on the ball - he does very little when we don’t have the ball to get it back.
Dagdale

This club ceases to amaze me, dross and frustration again Saturday and we come out 2 days later with almost the same players and a fine performance, probably one of our best records over recent years beating this South London outfit again. Always said Daryl can for whatever reason orchestrate a great win after a down spiral since his tenure, just can't understand why with same personal it don't hold? Thought he would have learnt by now though to put Junior in from starts his second was totally awesome capped a great display.
Mark

We are a Jekyll and Hyde side but we have a lot of Jekyll and Hyde players. We also have very specific weaknesses, which Bromley are not equipped to exploit thankfully. Notts County likely will be, much like Woking were. I do also take the point that out desire can be somewhat variable - would love to see sprint/distance/duels stats from yesterday versus the first half at Yeovil or the Woking game.

As good a shift as Ling will give you, we are still short at LCB, and we can't rely on Vilhete every week as that's his first good game since Wrexham.

Morias is obviously one of our best players but the manager said he's carrying an injury so needs to be managed. As usual we have a catalogue of injuries and niggles, something that never seems to change at this club. Some of it we bring on ourselves with who we sign, but I also question what is happening in training.

A very welcome win but we have a long way to go to restore any faith for me.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:23 am This club ceases to amaze me, dross and frustration again Saturday and we come out 2 days later with almost the same players and a fine performance, probably one of our best records over recent years beating this South London outfit again. Always said Daryl can for whatever reason orchestrate a great win after a down spiral since his tenure, just can't understand why with same personal it don't hold? Thought he would have learnt by now though to put Junior in from starts his second was totally awesome capped a great display.
Well think you would not have taken the odds Dagdale on that happening yesterday after what we saw Saturday, but am I surprised no I am not really.

It was clear from what I listened to yesterday that Bromley started brightly and at least started with a posative mindset of thinking they could win the game.

The trouble we appear to have is breaking down teams who first instinct is to not get beat. That point is amplified by teams like Eastleigh, Maidenhead and Yeovil who we have had trouble beating or putting away. Even when we took the lead against Eastleigh and Maidenhead we failed to put them to bed after they still decided that their first priority was to stay in the game. Both of them did just that and why the last ten minutes against both was such a tough watch

On that basis I am looking forward to seeing how we fare Saturday as we play another team who will think they can win and come with that mindset. You always have a chance against teams like that with the pace of somebody like Morias up top.

Saturday we ran out of ideas of how to break down Yeovil who's only resolution seem to be their defence.

Shame now we have seen something more like what this team can do we are ravaged by injuries and needless suspension in defence.
Is this the opportunity that Zouma has been waiting for ?