Please post protestations about Bromley (H) here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

So what happens first, the Daggers turn this season around or I run out of synonyms for the word for "a complaint" in the thread title?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Mark

Would be typical of us to find a win on Monday and keep the manager hanging on.

We need it, with Notts county and Wrexham coming up in the 3 after that.
Diggerthedog

Owners are now playing Russian roulette with the season, if we fail to win tomorrow we could almost be bottom 4 come mid September. The longer they leave it the worse it will get, managers had his chances plain and simple.

Supporting this club is becoming a chore, even with new owners bank rollling it we still can’t get it right, wonder why that is Thompson Out.
Pondfield Dagger

Wheres the YouTube McMahon preview for today's game? 3rd game in a row it is in writing only. Seems camera shy all of a sudden.
Kevin

To put it bluntly, I couldn't care less what cliche-ridden drivel is dished up before the match.

I also couldn't care less if the manager jumps up & down all game, or sits in his chair writing notes.

What I do care about is whether our well-paid, full-time coach has worked hard enough on getting our well-paid, full-time players to grow a pair, put their bodies on the line to not let the opposition score, get stuck in where it matters in the middle of the park & put some proper effort + attention into having more than the occasional attempt on target.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well it will need a massive improvement from Saturday to get anything out of this.

The sick bay is getting bigger, so at least we are true to form there .

Wonder if we will give fit players a chance over injured failures , that might help but it would wrong of me to tell the Manager his job.
Lcbdagger

Half time and I can already feel a new contract for the Manager coming... where was this attack at the weekend
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:07 pm Half time and I can already feel a new contract for the Manager coming... where was this attack at the weekend
Well everything good like Morias and Musa were on the bench for 2/3rds of it.
ARNU

Why can't we play like that every week? Mussas cross for Juniors header was excellent, Ling had his best game in a Daggers shirt since he came back I thought, I'd have give motm to him I think.
Not having a pop but has Justham ever saved a penalty ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Back to normal then outscoring the opponents who had as many chances as us, Justham kept them out with some superb saves and the 1 on 1 they had in the first 10 it could have ended so much different.

Ling is your 7/10 player if you play him, great work from him to set up the 4th too.

Only downside is We’re proper ****** on Saturday at centre back.
RM1Dagger

Someone always manages to put a slightly negative spin on things 😉 Justham made one good save at 4-1 everything else was routine. We were much better than Bromley which is why we won by three..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:13 pm Back to normal then outscoring the opponents who had as many chances as us, Justham kept them out with some superb saves and the 1 on 1 they had in the first 10 it could have ended so much different.

Ling is your 7/10 player if you play him, great work from him to set up the 4th too.

Only downside is We’re proper ****** on Saturday at centre back.
The back 3 terrifies me for the weekend ahead... but we're back scoring goals...

Big fan of Walker but Junior has to start matches
NBDag

For once a fairly decent performance from us. Justham good as ever, Morias the goal machine we can always rely on, and then Ling… He was my man of the match today, he was incredible. Countless tackles won and his determination to create Morias’ second was so good to see. More of that please Dagenham.

However, I was disappointed in our performance for the final 25/30 mins. We seemed knackered and/or uninterested in keeping up our tempo. Manny was targeted constantly once he got booked. It was a bad move from McMahon to not replace him after his first close call for a red card. But equally stupid from Manny to bite so late on in the match. Big problem for Saturday now. Hopefully Tavares isn’t badly injured too, but given our track record of signing players who can’t stay fit I won’t hold my breath…
Don Beech 3

1st game of the season that have been to and played well (obviously). Worries from a first time, this season, observer is that back 3 is ok for a side like Bromley led by Cheek (no matter how much of a t****er he was and as we know) but sides with 2 'units' or powerful top 3 up front will cause problems. Didn't like being 4-0 up an still worried about the result! 1st time i've seen Tavares and Mussa, certainly something there, more results of the same please!!!
Dag82

So then, what do we take away from today:

1) Why would you ever NOT start Morais ??????

2) The majority of the crowd were still nervous at 4-1, because they had so much of
the possesion, we need to learn how to manage games better, from winning positions, for which a good start would be to stop giving the ball away so easily.

3) Work rate & attitude today was spot on.......... We need that same level EVERY GAME.