Coach travel to York City FC and Wrexham FC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
D@Rsupportersclubweb

Don’t forget to the Supporters Club office will be open before and after tomorrow’s game against Bromley FC for people to book for the away game’s against York City FC and Wrexham FC or you can ring Russell Elmes on the travel Hotline 07989 901686.

The coach for the game against York City FC on the 10 September 2022 will leave at 8 am and the coach for Wrexham FC on 13th September 2022 will leave 12.45 both coaches will have toilets on board.

The cost will depend on the numbers who will travel but we are hoping to charge no more than £40.00 for members and £45.00 non-members.

The quicker you book the better. We will not attempt to run a small coach to either of these fixtures as due comfort and the high financial cost to passengers.
Diggerthedog

My train to York was cheaper, hence why they can’t run a coach.
ThatRoundThing

I feel for the efforts Russell & the Supporters Club are making but there has been a drop off in attendance to medium to long distance Away attendances.
Many of those who still go are ones who maybe haven’t got too many financial commitments and like the whole experience of a few drinks en route, banter and laughs with less restraints on a train and often much cheaper.
Others have a reasonable Income that can support a possible average £100 football Away day out.
Others, like me, are picking just a few Away days per season which in my case is new grounds for me. I then still chose my cheapest transport option or a weekend away.
Those severely affected by all rising costs just haven’t got the finances for Away days out.
A lot of clubs continue financial support to Supporters Coach Travel, I suspect our club doesn’t.
Kevin

Travelling on the Saturday of a Bank Holiday weekend, directly towards the holiday-hotspot of the South West, in the latter part of the school holidays wouldn't be too appealing at the best of times I reckon.

Chuck in the fact that we continue to be pretty rubbish, then it's not really a surprise not many folks fancied the 7 hour plus round trip to Yeovil on a coach.. :blink: