Notts County (H) Pre- During- Post-fixture discussion. Perturbations about Notts County (H) here please.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Tomorrow is my 53rd birthday. A win would be great. (On a side note my university, Appalachian State is playing and starting the their gridiron American college football tomorrow. This is the biggest home game, in some ways, as we are playing against a nearby school and hosting them for the first time ever. The Daggers will be ending right at noon and kickoff for my Mountaineers will be around 12:05 pm - all times local to me.) Two wins tomorrow would be absolutely wonderful. (On Sunday I get to see UB40 in concert. Not a bad weekend at all.)
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
rebeldagger

Manny happy returns!

Sounds like a good weekend all round!
ThatRoundThing

I think Notts C will be too good for us today against our forever changing defence.
NBDag

I predict that we are about to be on the wrong end of an absolute spanking. Even if DLK is back fit I wouldn’t fancy us in the slightest.
McLeansvilleAppFan

ThatRoundThing wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:34 am I think Notts C will be too good for us today against our forever changing defence.
Would you be happy with 1-2 or nill-1?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Daggerman

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:46 am
ThatRoundThing wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:34 am I think Notts C will be too good for us today against our forever changing defence.
Would you be happy with 1-2 or nill-1?
A loss is a loss regardless of by how many! Only difference a good hiding makes are the reactions of the owners.
I believe we are capable of a win today…
COYFD
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:42 am I predict that we are about to be on the wrong end of an absolute spanking. Even if DLK is back fit I wouldn’t fancy us in the slightest.
Why surely after what I saw last week him missing out will be a help not a hinderence
Mark

I can't believe a side like Notts County won't absolutely run through our defence. Even if Johnson or Tavares are fit, we are absolutely threadbare.
Lcbdagger

No arguing that we have injuries... but that back 3 is terrifying against a team with goals everywhere... its anyone above 5ft 10??

Can we not get Tavares at the back and cover in midfield?? Nonsense of a League if e get a result today
ARNU

Spineless pile of sh1t3 first half. We want Darryl out ringing in my ears. No urgency amongst our players except Robbo and Junior.
We aren't even a top half team. Why do we bother ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Been watching the dagger’s since the late 70’s and still harbour dreams of getting back to league 2, today has enhanced the fact that this will never happen, depressed beyond comprehension knowing that I’m now 64 and at best condemned to national league football
Chalky69

Well, Notts County we’re in a different class! They pressed over every part of the ground and yet could stroke the ball around with no pressure in acres of space. If we ever thought we would be in the playoffs this will shatter that idea into small pieces. Whether we didn’t have the energy or lacked motivation it was a very poor display. To close where did Notts County get those terrible shirts from. Why can’t they either wear their black and white stripes or something decent but those shirts were horrendous.
Mark

Appalling. Lack of ability, lack of heart, lack of conditioning.
Pablo

That Mr.MCMahon was what a play off chasing, and probably attaining, side looks like. This side is miles off it even though in theory we have a squad the majority of whom have played at a much higher level and many of whom are on the highest salaries in the league. There is no consistency, no pattern, no concept of a best eleven and for the most part we looked far less fit than they did.
In what sense is Tavares, Hare . Longe King and even Musa ( on the evidence of today and his debut match) an upgrade on others we have let go. If Zouma can't play when we have two centre halves out when will he?. If he is not good enough why is he here? Sagaf again was by a distance the best outfield player on the pitch when he came on and is usually so why is he left out. It's often facile to blame managers and call for their heads but today and this season is squarely on the manager. Ben Strevens is ready willing and able.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Firstly we'll done Notts County you were excellent.

Where do we start with us. Shocking beyond words . There was times in that game when NC passed the ball in midfield and there was not a Dagenham player within 10 yards . That has to be unacceptable.

We stood ball watching for most of that game and this current defence must rank as one of the worst we have had in the last decade. Woeful.
What on earth has Johnson ever done in the past two seasons to deserve that contract exstension. Clearly this back three ideal is beyond our current personal and like the Manager solely responsiable for this shambles needs ditching.

In the past 7 days I have seen Zoumo overlooked when we had a Centre half injured and even when he was replaced at Yeovil he was still left on the bench. Now we know he Is no World beater but my god if he cant get into this team then he can't have no hope. Perhaps West Ham are paying his wages to act as his Brothers Bag carrier because for the life of me I can't see as to why we have wasted a Players wages on him , clearly the hapless Manager don't rate or trust him. He surely even with his limitations he can't be any worse then what I saw this afternoon. At least he has height.

Weston is past it and as soon as we find a winger who can at least deliver a ball the better we will be.

Musa must have been injured , he looked like he was having trouble breaking into a trot let alone a sprint.

The only two that came out with any credit is the GK who was left hopelessly exposed for every goal and Junior who at least tried.

Stopping there cos I am getting upset by it all and I might say something that I may regret about the attitude of some of our players ,that would be unfair because in the last week they have only proved one thing to me and that is 75% of them simply are not good enough.

For that the Manager has to take full responsibility given tge resources he has been given.