Notts County (H) Pre- During- Post-fixture discussion. Perturbations about Notts County (H) here please.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:19 pm Firstly we'll done Notts County you were excellent.

Where do we start with us. Shocking beyond words . There was times in that game when NC passed the ball in midfield and there was not a Dagenham player within 10 yards . That has to be unacceptable.

We stood ball watching for most of that game and this current defence must rank as one of the worst we have had in the last decade. Woeful.
What on earth has Johnson ever done in the past two seasons to deserve that contract exstension. Clearly this back three ideal is beyond our current personal and like the Manager solely responsiable for this shambles needs ditching.

In the past 7 days I have seen Zoumo overlooked when we had a Centre half injured and even when he was replaced at Yeovil he was still left on the bench. Now we know he Is no World beater but my god if he cant get into this team then he can't have no hope. Perhaps West Ham are paying his wages to act as his Brothers Bag carrier because for the life of me I can't see as to why we have wasted a Players wages on him , clearly the hapless Manager don't rate or trust him. He surely even with his limitations he can't be any worse then what I saw this afternoon. At least he has height.

Weston is past it and as soon as we find a winger who can at least deliver a ball the better we will be.

Musa must have been injured , he looked like he was having trouble breaking into a trot let alone a sprint.

The only two that came out with any credit is the GK who was left hopelessly exposed for every goal and Junior who at least tried.

Stopping there cos I am getting upset by it all and I might say something that I may regret about the attitude of some of our players ,that would be unfair because in the last week they have only proved one thing to me and that is 75% of them simply are not good enough.

For that the Manager has to take full responsibility given tge resources he has been given.
Sadly Sussex, there will be more days like today. Until these owners realise this club is going nowhere we will continually hover between mediocre and garbage.
Fair play to county they did a job on us today, but in all fairness they didn't have a lot to beat.
Pondfield Dagger

Just heard what Daryl said in his interview, `Tavares was good again` and `crowd is restless`

Time to go Daryl
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diggerthedog

Awful, absolutely awful, I asked Daryl what was that and he held his hands up to it.

More troubling is the owners are on their way, probably had enough and who can blame them mind you they only have themselves to blame for getting no return on their investment and we all know why that is.
Pablo

On what basis do we know that the 'owners are on their way.' That didn't seem to be the case given their behaviour on the last day of last season against Wrexham, They are great blokes and have been fully committed but perhaps the forthcoming economic whirlwind as well as managerial ineptitude on this side of the pond may lead them to call it a day.
Diggerthedog

Last week 3 American gentleman were shown around the ground by the MD, today it’s transpired they were the brokers that got the owners in. Why would we be showing them around? Where have the owners been this season? One month and no visit?
Dag82

Well, if they don't sack this bloke by Monday, then maybe they are on there way.

Are they willing to just accept the absolute incompetence & mediocrity being served up, for there money ?.

If they are staying, then stop listening to the same people within the club, who keep feeding them a pile of sh*t, that all is well, and everyone is doing a great job......... Because there not.

We don't actually need loads of invesment to get humiliated 5-0 at home, we could do that just as easily on a shoestring, with a team of kids.
ThatRoundThing

I sort off haven’t bothered too much with the result lately. Notts County I think along with Wrexham and Chesterfield are different class an worlds apart from what we are likely to achieve. They were excellent today and showed us the ability our squad has compared to top teams.
Promotion to EFL Won’t happen this season or the next unless the infrastructure of the club changes... which it won’t!!
Our budget might be decent but I suspect not as big as the predicted top three. Most leagues have nearly, or being harsh, mediocre mid table clubs.
Dagenham & Redbridge’s ship has sailed and are now a club that is at best mediocre all round from top to bottom. The glory days have gone which I hate to admit were in the main orchestrated by Mr John Still.
He found the rough diamonds who pushed the club forward and also sold them to Leagues much higher which in turn put more money into the playing budget. At that time I believe S Thompson wasn’t much more than a Yes man to John Still but the much loved and missed Dave Andrews kept our ship on course.
Our fan base and Income is continuing to fall and won’t be improved by the current cost of living crisis. I think the current owners may be realising that D & R with next to zero assets is an absolute lemon.
Hand on heart who, however obsessive a fan you might be would buy this club for an outlay as little as a £1 tomorrow?
Sorry to sound so optimistic but looking forward to seeing Daggers friends at York next week.
Also looking forward to the same forum conversations next season in the Vanarama National League.
McLeansvilleAppFan

I did not have internet on my phone so i did not get to listen in. i guess that is for the best.

the team i was watching also lost a close game, very close.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Mark

Mark wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:25 pm I can't believe a side like Notts County won't absolutely run through our defence. Even if Johnson or Tavares are fit, we are absolutely threadbare.
Well they did. I find it incredible that Daryl said he thought our team was good enough to compete and almost seemed surprised by the performance. If he can't see that this has been coming then he's painfully naive. The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of this season. Outplayed by one part time team, hanging on for dear life against another, straightforward defeat to a very limited Woking without a single shot on target, limp against relegation threatened Yeovil. One decent performance all season and even that could have been different had Bromley taken a couple of their early chances. We were absolutely ripe for a hiding today and the manager apparently can't see it. Unbelievable.

Happy birthday to McLeansvilleAppFan, hope you had a great day other than the sport.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Mark wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:26 pm
Mark wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:25 pm I can't believe a side like Notts County won't absolutely run through our defence. Even if Johnson or Tavares are fit, we are absolutely threadbare.
Well they did. I find it incredible that Daryl said he thought our team was good enough to compete and almost seemed surprised by the performance. If he can't see that this has been coming then he's painfully naive. The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of this season. Outplayed by one part time team, hanging on for dear life against another, straightforward defeat to a very limited Woking without a single shot on target, limp against relegation threatened Yeovil. One decent performance all season and even that could have been different had Bromley taken a couple of their early chances. We were absolutely ripe for a hiding today and the manager apparently can't see it. Unbelievable.

Happy birthday to McLeansvilleAppFan, hope you had a great day other than the sport.
spent time with oldest daughter and new son-in-law so that was good. full of emotions. thanks for the kind thoughts
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:19 pm Last week 3 American gentleman were shown around the ground by the MD, today it’s transpired they were the brokers that got the owners in. Why would we be showing them around? Where have the owners been this season? One month and no visit?
i don’t have the history of being a Daggers fan beyond last year. i know peter visits at times but his minor league baseball is still going on for a few weeks and his Memphis soccer (sorry but referring to an american team so will use the american term) is going on to mid October and the. playoffs. it seems last year he did not visit, that i was aware of, until after Memphis had finished their season.

also on a phone so i am terrible with capitalization.
Diggerthedog

The owner has spoken they think we’re positioned for promotion or play offs, funny, They’ll be over for Wrexham away, good luck with that one.
Alan

It was amazing that it took Daryl 31 minutes to realise that the back 3 was not working.

Mussa is a luxury this team cannot afford. Jogs around making no or token effort when we don’t have the ball.
Pablo

If he thought Tavares had a good game, truly God help us. He was at fault for at least one, probably two goals and spent most of the afternoon miscuing the ball to the opposition. It was the worst game Robbo has had in years and his body language looked suicidal at times. Hardly inspirational for a captain. McCallum did occasionally break into a walk as is his wont. what is Hare supposed to be? Wing back, full back, centre half? Whatever he's not very good at any of them. Ling tried, Morais tried, Justham again with some fine saves and Sagaf upped the tempo ( but as ever should have been on from the start). Bottom six come October if not before.
Diggerthedog

I want to know why we signed Zouma, not played in a back 3 despite him being a central defender. My guess is that he is on a tiny salary, loan him out, but who in all honesty would take him after Pussygate. Another awful decision signed of by who I wonder.

Mussa needs to be given time, he’s 21 and also needs to be played higher like he was at Weymouth too deep a role on this set up but that would mean moving Robinson which you could argue why did we sign him.

The manager started the season off playing a deeper game to avoid another poor defensive record, working out well isn’t it.