Post Wrexham (A) vexations here.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Three days out. Is it too early for express vexations yet?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Mark

I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be considering the crazy money being thrown around. But they should be good enough to beat us without getting out of 3rd gear.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Mark wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:25 pm I don't think they're all they're cracked up to be considering the crazy money being thrown around. But they should be good enough to beat us without getting out of 3rd gear.
I would be curious what their budget is compared to other clubs, especially Oldham Athletic.

I would also like to know how much money the TV show is going to the club or if it is going back to the owners to pay off their purchase of the club.

New Rule Proposal: Points earned are divided by the club budget. :tongue:
Mark

Not so long ago, they had a budget of £1m per season to pay for the whole squad and management. Bet it is 3 or 4x that now.
Diggerthedog

Would not at all be surprised to see another 5-0 here, our players have clearly shown they’ve stopped playing for the manager and this is going to be an onslaught of hoofball bombardment which we just can’t defend against.

The owners are there for this one, ouch.
Dagdale

I wouldn't be surprised this game and many others before the funeral become all off but nevertheless give my two cents worth on status of game, perhaps the break might have helped our fitness but their squad quite easily could get juggled and odd star taken out but they are still some force and can't see hardly any hurdles to hold their charge. We have been well known I give Stockport away last season as a good example to love the challenge against the almighty and after all our pretty dismal first 7 matches I reckon were wake up at last and hold our own and certainly hope Robinson and Lingy the most important drivers in this type of game really take control, presume the gaps of no Manny and Longe-King is a right hurdle to replace if Zouma cant take this on who can? Isn't it about time Aaron Blair got back? Been keeping tabs on him and forums he sounds his enjoying he's time at the loan clubs, a useful try? Its still costing us points for all what we thought had been fixed, no bigger game for us to show what were really all about and turn this around at last
McLeansvilleAppFan

Mark wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pm Not so long ago, they had a budget of £1m per season to pay for the whole squad and management. Bet it is 3 or 4x that now.
Daggers budget would be what you think?
stanton101

Personally I think we'll get a proper hiding.
Which might not be a bad thing if the owners are there to witness it. It might make them see just how shite we are and question why their money has been pissed up the wall and the sheer incompetence of those in charge.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:34 am Personally I think we'll get a proper hiding.
Which might not be a bad thing if the owners are there to witness it. It might make them see just how shite we are and question why their money has been pissed up the wall and the sheer incompetence of those in charge.
They’ll just get fed the line that Wrexham have a budget 20 times us and it’s impossible to compete, the club is becoming a laughing stock and tonight it’s the owners turn to get embarrassed.

After so many years of incompetence I’m starting to question why I bother, perhaps a few homes that are cheap ones and the rest away games to see some pals is the future for me.
steeevooo

What chances on the fact that we suddenly turn up in front of the owners, put in a performance and nick a result? To be followed by the inevitable dunno what you're all complaining about, it looks like we're doing great...
SUSSEX DAGGER

Any others making this trip?
If you are then I have just been made aware its advanced tickets only.

Pretty poor from our Club as no details of such arrangements on our website.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Any others making this trip?

We’re they told it’s advance tickets only? If so poor. It’s pretty common knowledge Wrexham now sell out every game so no surprise it’s advance tickets only. I’m sure we won’t sell out our block and if you turned up they’d let you in our little section. Ask the owners if they have a spare seat in the hospitality!
DaggerJoel11

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:11 am Any others making this trip?

Having the same issue. Zero correspondence beforehand.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Another defeat more burying of heads in sand.
NBDag

No shock with that result. No hope for any future result. No players in the squad to try and shake things up with. No sign that our owners will make a change to solve this. No chance that I’m using my season ticket for any future match as it stands.