Centre Backs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Said it for ages 4-2-3-1 is our best formation now.. I'd go with this Saturday:

.............Cousins
Partridge, Doe, Saah, Connors
.......Ogogo, Labadie
Porter, Chambers, Hemmings
...........Cureton
Labadie should be no where near our team, he offers nothing*. Luke howell has more effect and offers a goal threat.

*My opinion.
For sure hope he proves me wrong, perhaps it was nerves or something last night.
Labadie did little last night but that was his first game back after injury. Having seen him play against us a few times over the years, I was delighted when we signed him and I think he'll go on to be an asset. However, I'd have him as the man behind the striker rather than in a midfield 2 so he may have a fight on his hands with Chambers for that position. Chambers needs to either play between the lines or up front though. He's not a wide man for me. His menace comes from running at defenders or trying to stretch them in behind. I don't think he's quick enough moving the ball from foot to foot to be effective out wide.

Still, it's interesting. We have quite a lot of options, we just need to choose the right ones. For me, Porter and Hemmings secured themselves in the wide spots last night. Either Boucard or Howell will play alongside Ogogo. Labadie or Chambers will play in the hole.

Cureton will continue to lead the line and I imagine will do a bit of rotating when Murphy as the latter is trying to get his match sharpness back. Eventually, I can see Murphy starting more games with Cureton getting the 20-30 minutes at the end of games. At the same time, it's good competition for both strikers as they know they need to keep hitting the net or else they have another goalscorer right behind them in the pecking order. If we manage to sign Doidge as well, then we have a fantastic 4-4-2 option as well as the obvious tactic of having him up front by himself.
Adrian

For me our defensive issues don't lie with individuals or having a particular type of player.
They lie with the team as a whole.

The first two goals yesterday could have been avoided with some proper organisation, and not much else.
We also need to learn when players shouldn't be trying to pass the ball short. Doe lost the ball in a bad position, Saah ended up under pressure just preside our area.

None of it is rocket science but we seem to struggle with it.

Mucking the rest of the team won't help. Ogogo isn't going to play right back. He obvious doesn't want to, and in midfield he's one of our best players on a consistent basis. Why weaken that for no real benefit defensively?
bearaab

nomis wrote:Re: Centre Backs
by bearaab » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:42 am
Play our best centre back at right back?
bearaab

Sorry mate but you must be on another planet
Doe was pathetic last night
Was at fault for the first goal and couldn't pass the ball and gave away a 10 yard pass that led to the corner and also at fault for third goal
I always judge players over a 2 game period. Think we should just sack him and the manager.
Lcbdagger

Shame in amongst this thread that Luke Wilkinson was the best Luton player on Saturday according to most observers against Carlisle... not something that would suprise alot of people who said, when he left, that he would be missed
nomis

Scott Doe does it every season year in year out
Under hit back passes etc not to mention poor decision making
I stand by what I said previously
He knows his position is safe and he's name is one of the first on the team sheet every week
The problem still lies with the manager
I an go back season after season but it's always the same
Conceding poor defensive goals
Conceding at the end of matches
Conceding just before half time
Conceding from set pieces

What does this tell us
It tells us one thing
It ain't gonna change

As I said the buck lies with the manager and it's down to him to sort it out as that's what he's paid to do
I will openly admit I'm not a fan of Wayne Burnet as his decision making is poor at best

Portsmouth at home stands out as an example when we were getting out fought in midfield so switched formation and played five in midfield which was fine and go one up front
What's he do ?
Takes off Norris and leaves the other plum up front on his own who had done Jack shit all season

He can't take criticism and there in lies the problem
He needs to manage players better and act accordingly
He ain't a coach any more
Mark

Of course we were going to miss Wilkinson. Man management doesn't appear to be his strong suit. Got to keep your better players happy.
Adrian

Mark wrote:Of course we were going to miss Wilkinson. Man management doesn't appear to be his strong suit. Got to keep your better players happy.
You knew we would miss him, I knew we'd miss him. But some decided he was rubbish because he couldn't get a decent run in the correct position and was expected to play in a way he wasn't comfortable with and decided he'd be better of getting paid more to play for a manager who would get the best out of him again.
ARNU

Wayne is evolving(some will say slowly) as a manager.he's new to it at this level too.He's made some mistakes that he must learn from.He wears his heart on his sleeve and has a terrible temper.The Wycombe game stands out for me,where we won quite comfortably and he had a right old go at the team on the pitch then slagged them all off straight away on the radio interview after.I sense that he lost the dressing room for a bit after that and its not a surprise that heads have rolled and others have jumped ship.I think he destroyed some confidence that day and poor old Femi Id say had serious confidence issues all the time he was in charge.Wilky was a good player but was quite shite last season.Maybe Wayne had that effect on him too.Id still rather have him than Still,and I do believe this is a manager we can ultimately trust.Hes got a defending problem to sort out now,do that and we wont be far away from where we want to be.Some of his signings,having seen them are encouraging,this is now his team.He must be allowed to mould it.You all know my historical views on Doey.Used to think he was just clumsy and rather useless.Last 2 seasons hes been immense and was my player of the season last year.Agree about dropping anyone underperforming though and that should include Scott.I think its just that hes a hoofer rather than a passer,hence the errors.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

nomis wrote:Scott Doe does it every season year in year out
He knows his position is safe and he's name is one of the first on the team sheet every week

What does this tell us
It tells us one thing
It ain't gonna change

As I said the buck lies with the manager and it's down to him to sort it out as that's what he's paid to do
I will openly admit I'm not a fan of Wayne Burnet as his decision making is poor at best

Portsmouth at home stands out as an example when we were getting out fought in midfield so switched formation and played five in midfield which was fine and go one up front
What's he do ?
Takes off Norris and leaves the other plum up front on his own who had done Jack shit all season

Is that meant to be a poem? It looks like something in my GCSE Anthology circa 2005
matt_drfc

leewilson wrote:

What does this tell us
It tells us one thing
It ain't gonna change

What's he do ?

Is that meant to be a poem? It looks like something in my GCSE Anthology circa 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARNU

There once was a man called Arnu,
Who wanted a stand with a roof,
To keep all the rains,
off the fans brains,
but instead all he got was more hoof.

Not a poem either really :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

leewilson wrote:

What does this tell us
It tells us one thing
It ain't gonna change

What's he do ?

I literally thought the same thing! Sounds like a Blues record