Barnet (H) consternations here please

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

I thought Justham was okay but the rest of them, jeez..the lad from Millwall did well at times and was the best of a bad bunch. Grant actually looked better attacking than defending. I suppose they are a new unit so I'll give them some benefit but Manny appears to have a talent bypass since coming back. Just a complete lack of coordination and I thought at 4-4 Barnet looked more likely to win it, fair dos to Walker for his finish. Obviously great to win and some serious 'entertainment' if you like heart attack football, but much to contemplate defensively.
Now the SE27 Dagger
BB-Dagger

After 20 minutes I was considering an early exit at half time but I decided to stay as it was 2-2, second half was certainly eventful with one particular referee decision when it was 4-3 to us, when breaking out from defending a corner Sagaf was basically rugby tackled to the ground and the referee played on and they scored! Absolutely sh1t decision, in the end great to see us persevere and win with what was a superb hatrick by Walker. A great game to watch for the neutral.
I presume McMahon replays the recording of the game to the squad to evaluate the game, hopefully he will tell McCallum to watch how Kabamba challenged for everything and Led the line for Barnet, this is what and how McCallum should be doing for us.
SUSSEX DAGGER

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:40 pm After 20 minutes I was considering an early exit at half time but I decided to stay as it was 2-2, second half was certainly eventful with one particular referee decision when it was 4-3 to us, when breaking out from defending a corner Sagaf was basically rugby tackled to the ground and the referee played on and they scored! Absolutely sh1t decision, in the end great to see us persevere and win with what was a superb hatrick by Walker. A great game to watch for the neutral.
I presume McMahon replays the recording of the game to the squad to evaluate the game, hopefully he will tell McCallum to watch how Kabamba challenged for everything and Led the line for Barnet, this is what and how McCallum should be doing for us.
They scored their fourth from a corner to a completely unmarked player at the back post.
Mark

Very similar to last week except Barnet took more of their chances.

You can't keep playing like this and win games in the long term but it's certainly exciting at the moment.

Forwards always have the advantage when the ball is crossed with quality as they are running onto the ball and can manoeuvre the defender out of the way. The basic problem we have is that we cannot stop the ball coming in. Worse, we cannot even make it awkward for the crosser - they often have the freedom of the borough to pick their man out. How often do we get time on the ball in space out wide and how often do we get quality delivery into the box? Rarely.

I can't criticise Lingy too much as Barnet soon worked out they could double up against him and nobody would track back. In a 343 today whose job was it? Walker? Never going to happen. Other side we already know Mauro slack off his defensive duties.

If we are still playing this shape come Chesterfield next Tuesday they will hammer us.
BB-Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:36 pm [quote=BB-Dagger post_id=57071 time=<a href="tel:1664048427">1664048427</a> user_id=865]
After 20 minutes I was considering an early exit at half time but I decided to stay as it was 2-2, second half was certainly eventful with one particular referee decision when it was 4-3 to us, when breaking out from defending a corner Sagaf was basically rugby tackled to the ground and the referee played on and they scored! Absolutely sh1t decision, in the end great to see us persevere and win with what was a superb hatrick by Walker. A great game to watch for the neutral.
They scored their fourth from a corner to a completely unmarked player at the back post.
[/quote]
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:36 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:40 pm After 20 minutes I was considering an early exit at half time but I decided to stay as it was 2-2, second half was certainly eventful with one particular referee decision when it was 4-3 to us, when breaking out from defending a corner Sagaf was basically rugby tackled to the ground and the referee played on and they scored! Absolutely sh1t decision, in the end great to see us persevere and win with what was a superb hatrick by Walker. A great game to watch for the neutral.
Yes but the build up after the foul via the corner led to the goal, and there is no excuses for the defending on that header or previous ones, just before our winner they had 3 men on the back post totally unmarked and any of the 3 should have scored but fortunately the one who headed it put it wide!

As also said regarding chesterfield… we will be taking quite a hammering there without doubt
Kevin

The defending (or complete lack of) was staggering - even considering the nonsense 'system' that DM keeps trotting out.

That said, I thought the 5 goals we scored were pretty damn fine - Vilhete's was a peach & Walker's 3rd for the winner was a cracking finish..especially considering the angle + the time of the match.

Will be interesting to see if we continue our trend of beating teams as average as us, whilst getting a total spanking by anyone half-decent.. :blink:
redboy

I've just watched the highlights. A win's a win, but the defending had me hiding behind the sofa where I bumped into Manny. 3 bread and butter goals conceded from crosses. I don't recall us winning any headers in the box which sounds a lot like last year. Has DM not learned anything from then? Going forward we look exciting and scored some excellent goals although Barnet's defenders looked like they'd forgotten how to tackle too. I guess sitting 2 points off the play offs will satisfy some people, but on another day it would have been another Wrexham/Notts C style spanking.
Pablo

One of the key problems is not fielding the same side two games running and not fielding the same back 3/4 all season. It looks like we will be without Villette now for a long while and Mac Callum's concussion will rule him out next week in all probability. Some of the issues stem from wilful inconsistency of selection others through the recruitment of players like Tavares and Llonge-King with histories of injury. Others still down to plain bad luck. Defences need to know each other's game in particular. It's easy to blame Manny but nobody is cutting out the crosses and he is trying to play/coach with a complete rookie along side him who thinks he is a marauding attacker. In other games he is the only one in defence above six foot. When things go wrong confidence goes and that has happened to him and it seemed to me to Justham on Saturday who didn't know when to come and when not to and didn't catch a cross all afternoon. The two of them ended up virtually squaring up to one another. It's time for a reset getting in two big, experienced defenders with some being asked to move on along perhaps with the manager if we have any hope of getting anywhere near the top 8.
IanC

well the best thing to come out of it, was what we already kew, we’re shite at the back!
Thought the new lion 🦁 was good, sometimes too quick for mas, got some good passes off.
We were like Brazil going forward and faroe islands at the back.
Walker unplayable, think i’d like to see him and junior up top together, something different.
I guess after 10 games, we’d have settled for two points off top 7, but 20 odd goals conceded already is shambolic.
On to dorking we go
DaggerJoel11

Dagenham and Barnet resumed the extraordinarily chaotic dynamic they left off from the Easter 7-3 meeting, producing another goal-laden exhibition defined by non-existent defending...which culminated in a memorable finale, albeit one that masks the ongoing deficiencies at the other end, which will ultimately prove our undoing again in the long-term. Nonetheless, excellent spirit in a scenario where heads could have dropped many times.

Report, Analysis, Ratings - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... 5-barnet-4
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''