Dorking (A) Grumbles

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BB-Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:38 pm The silence coming from the club is deafening, usually by now there is a response from the manager on the club website, hopefully this is a sign that the boot has been inserted into the proverbial arse!
Well his reaction is finally on the website, “no excuses” “ not good enough”
“Can’t explain that performance” “not good enough” “ lack of urgency and togetherness” just a few quotes from the man responsible, a couple of question’s from me Mr McMahon… Who is responsible for the lack of urgency?..
why can’t you explain the lack of urgency?
Why are we not good enough with the squad that you have assembled?
Where does the buck stop and why do you think it’s not you??
Dagdale

What can one say that hasn't already be said, lets get two pointers here that has never really been sorted this team and management hasn't been right since our fall into this league again, bad decisions left right and centre where certainly most fans running regular have made the cracks aware of more than the guys above. Also when we see a team very deserving on the day to put us well out of it, blaming injuries and plastic pitches and gosh knows what else don't sow with me, we were taken to the cleaners by a team their very first season in Step 1 how bad was that!
Eagleman3449

Just to note we beat Barnet 5-4 last week, they lost 0-5 to York today, shows how poor they are and they got 4 against us, talk about a false dawn.
Dag82

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:30 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:38 pm

Well his reaction is finally on the website, “no excuses” “ not good enough”
“Can’t explain that performance” “not good enough” “ lack of urgency and togetherness” just a few quotes from the man responsible, a couple of question’s from me Mr McMahon… Who is responsible for the lack of urgency?..
why can’t you explain the lack of urgency?
Why are we not good enough with the squad that you have assembled?
Where does the buck stop and why do you think it’s not you??
Excellent post.

Sums up this fiasco perfectly, but unless someone else different from the man who appointed Burnett, Taylor & McMahon is in charge of finding the new manager, then let's not bother, and just stick with McMahon.

Because we all know it will just be another unemployed cheap choice, who will be just as cr*p as the last three hopeless decisions.

if you want this club to finally start moving forward again, then go and buy out a decent manager, like Luke Garrard.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:49 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:33 pm Query: what is the strongest curse word I can use on this board and not get a stern warning? i feel the need to use such verbiage now.
You won’t get a stern warning for using foul language, although there are some word filters.

You will get in trouble for posting racist homophobic and similar abuse.
well that performance was for shit. there i said it. and certainly agree about the other rules.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
hublander

I was at this game and a few daggers fans were getting quite verbal with Steve Thompson. Also somebody did point out the team list put out on twitter had Weston on it twice.

I hung around after the match to let the car park empty after the match. I saw the Dorking players leave with their Pizza but I did not see any Daggers players leave. I left at 17.30 to 17.45 once the car park had cleared.

Also the home fans were in good voice in their wooden shack bar. :ermm:
stanton101

I actually blame the owners for letting this fiasco carry on.
They are successful business people who have built their wealth by being astute and having an eye on the ball in their chosen field.
Which is why I'm baffled by their continued blasé attitude towards this club. Surely even if you're on the other side of the pond, you don't need to be an Einstein to tell you that something is seriously wrong here and that you're money is continually pissed up the wall by a bunch of incompetent idiots.
Ok we're not and never will be a Manchester City but even at our level we can at least try and be as professional as we possibly can and be a decently run football club. I mean what do they want?
What is their agenda, do they even have one!
This club is in serious trouble and has been for quite some time and if the shambles that are in charge are allowed to continue to run it the way they have been then it is only going to end up going in one direction.
Wake up ffs!!!!
Mick Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 am I actually blame the owners for letting this fiasco carry on.
They are successful business people who have built their wealth by being astute and having an eye on the ball in their chosen field.
Which is why I'm baffled by their continued blasé attitude towards this club. Surely even if you're on the other side of the pond, you don't need to be an Einstein to tell you that something is seriously wrong here and that you're money is continually pissed up the wall by a bunch of incompetent idiots.
Ok we're not and never will be a Manchester City but even at our level we can at least try and be as professional as we possibly can and be a decently run football club. I mean what do they want?
This club is in serious trouble and has been for quite some time and if the shambles that are in charge are allowed to continue to run it the way they have been then it is only going to end up going in one direction.
Wake up ffs!!!!
I am starting to think we are some type of tax avoidance scheme for the owners.
steeevooo

I actually don't know what's worse:

The players who were completely gutless, showed no real enthusiasm or commitment and just strolled around like it was a training session

The manager who has no ideas, has a formation that he will stick with through thick and thin yet didn't buy the players to suit said formation, complains about players not having commitment when he was the one who bought them, and let's not even talk about defending...

The board who are utterly spineless, and worse than that, so stubborn that they won't admit to making any mistakes whatsoever, despite having a total of zero expertise in football or even how to run a successful business

The owners who are happy to let everything go unchecked because good old Tommo tells them that all is well, and allow themselves to be hoodwinked by him as opposed to put their own person within the club to do a full audit of how everything works (or should they be doesn't work?)

And then there are some elements of our fan base - on the one hand you've got some fans shouting from 10 yards away at one of our players that he's a "useless c***", and on the other hand you've got some that unbelievably still think it appropriate to applaud the players after yesterday's performance and, I kid you not, even tell them that they were unlucky!

This club is rotten from the top to the bottom and is only heading in the same direction as for the last about 10 years - down - unless big changes are made throughout, and soon.
RomfordDagger91

I had a pop at Thommo after the game and I stand by what I said. He made the same mistake keeping Burnett in the job to long. He needs to learn from his mistake and not repeat it with this clown which he is doing. As for people clapping the team off they are part of the problem. This club is slowly dying and part of the reason is people are happy with being served up absolute dross like yesterday. I walked out of that ground yesterday thinking why do I bother? The people that matter don’t care so why should we?
hockley dagger

Mick Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:45 am
stanton101 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 am I actually blame the owners for letting this fiasco carry on.
Wake up ffs!!!!
I am starting to think we are some type of tax avoidance scheme for the owners.
Wouldn't surprise me. There's quite a web of companies involved, one of which hasn't submitted accounts on time in the past. Never mind, we could be back in court like Southend will be soon
Mark

steeevooo wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:38 am
The manager who has no ideas, has a formation that he will stick with through thick and thin yet didn't buy the players to suit said formation, complains about players not having commitment when he was the one who bought them, and let's not even talk about defending...

The owners who are happy to let everything go unchecked because good old Tommo tells them that all is well, and allow themselves to be hoodwinked by him as opposed to put their own person within the club to do a full audit of how everything works (or should they be doesn't work?)

And then there are some elements of our fan base - on the one hand you've got some fans shouting from 10 yards away at one of our players that he's a "useless c***", and on the other hand you've got some that unbelievably still think it appropriate to applaud the players after yesterday's performance and, I kid you not, even tell them that they were unlucky!

This club is rotten from the top to the bottom and is only heading in the same direction as for the last about 10 years - down - unless big changes are made throughout, and soon.
This.

I think it's unfair to say the owners are blase or uncommitted has been suggested by others. You don't spend millions for a laugh, that is serious money for them, they aren't billionaires.

I do think they underestimated what it takes to be successful in football in this country, and they rely heavily on our existing board who don't have much football or business nous. Thompson has kept us afloat and run a tight ship in difficult times in the past, but is also the person who spent money on a promise from Tamplin and who nearly sent us bust. He may love this club but he should not be the MD.

The players, some of them are just taking a wage. Some of them play like they don't understand what is expected of them. Some of them are very easily discouraged. They argue between themselves about who should mark who. This isn't the sign of a coherent plan and that is the manager's fault. He moans about not being able to pick the same side, he had one enforced change yesterday but made 3.

If it was my money, I'd install my own MD and start looking for a new manager, or a new DoF and head coach. If Howard really is a shareholder of this club, he needs to step up and be part of that process.

One note on the fans. I understand people are hurting. But some of the stuff shouted at our own players yesterday was out of order. I won't pretend I've not gone OTT in the past myself. But I have regretted it on those occasions and I hope those involved do this morning.
ThatRoundThing

The majority of us who are so enraged by where our club, players and management, owners and directors are at the moment are by and large pretty silent. Yes we have supporters who rant, swear and shout and the MD and management are noticing the loud protests more often.
We must find other (lawful) ways to protest.
I personally will not wear any D&R shirt or other clothing until the team and manager prove they are worthy of the shirt.
This coming Saturday v Southend I am in hospitality and I will wear a shirt from a different club. If I get asked WHY? I will give the reason explained above. I realise just a small and maybe petty protest but it may just catch the eye of the owners and directors in that room.
ARNU

I booed at the end but I clapped Robbo Sagaf and Ling. I don't think they were guilty of not trying. It might not have gone well for them but I'm not to sure abusing them really helps. we weren't unlucky though we were just awful.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

I had a chat with another fan yesterday and it was along of the lines of I’m just over the being angry stage under this management, they clearly won’t or can’t do anything about it so I won’t bother. Depending how Tuesday goes I might give Saturday a miss and watch it at home, saves me an hour and half round trip.

When fans who are very loyal go home and away most games and now can’t be bothered you’ve got a serious problem as a club, but those in charge can’t see it. Astonishing.