DOIDGE SIGNS

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:He has done nothing to upset me at all Lion but when he could not get a kick Tuesday night it is obvious the Gaffer don't fancy him yet .

Will point out Matt he has scored goals on FA Cup so he has a bit more then a season under his Dad.

So we now have a potential strike force of

Murphy
Cureton
Doidge
Chambers
Goldberg
Noble
And possiably Hines.

Perhaps Goldberg will get his chance on Saturday and next Tuesday as despite the numbers three of the 7 can't play. Let's hope he does and takes it with both hands.
He scored 2 FA Cup goals... 1 v Blackfield & Langley (who?) and 1 v Middlesbrough (fair enough). Hardly much more though..
Lcbdagger

If we had no plans to play Goldberg then I still don't understand the one year contract... Give him two years and loan him out a division higher to a Conference Premier team. Certainly no benefit to us if he only comes on when we are two-nil behind at home
dagger4eva

We are only TWO games into the season so l think perhaps too early to say whether he is fancied by WB or not. He must of been dissapointed not to get a game upfront tuesday instead of a winger though!
Lets just hope he doesnt turn into a Sean Sheilds mark Il
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:If we had no plans to play Goldberg then I still don't understand the one year contract... Give him two years and loan him out a division higher to a Conference Premier team. Certainly no benefit to us if he only comes on when we are two-nil behind at home
Sure one or two will spend loans out this season but only once all fit, Murphy still yet to come back. Some good options for now and the future. What a luxury compared to campaigns in league one and then in league two once relegated.
searmh

Diggerthedog wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:If we had no plans to play Goldberg then I still don't understand the one year contract... Give him two years and loan him out a division higher to a Conference Premier team. Certainly no benefit to us if he only comes on when we are two-nil behind at home
Sure one or two will spend loans out this season but only once all fit, Murphy still yet to come back. Some good options for now and the future. What a luxury compared to campaigns in league one and then in league two once relegated.
true that.... since benson left out strike force has been sub par...maybe this year weve got it sorted
Diggerthedog

searmh wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
true that.... since benson left out strike force has been sub par...maybe this year weve got it sorted
Sub par? We had John Akinde :lol:
Diggerthedog

We now need a chant for the lad.

Doidge whoaaaaa Doidge whoooaaaa
He comes from valleys
He's the fooking bees knees

Maybe not.
Richie

I saw zero of pre-season. How good is this guy?
leewilson

Richie wrote:I saw zero of pre-season. How good is this guy?
I rate him very highly.
TommyD&R

Richie wrote:I saw zero of pre-season. How good is this guy?
Said before he's quite similar to Sam Williams, I can imagine him creating more goals for others than him scoring himself. Great areal threat too so when Hines is back whipping in the crosses again it'll just be like the Green/Vincelot days hopefully!
matt_drfc

We've got some good crossers in the side, Hemmings and Connors on the left can put a decent ball in and Porter isn't bad either from the right, be nice to have another option especially if we're chasing the game and need to get the ball in the box, a lot of fans of Doidge's previous clubs make a point of his ability in the air, so it's definitely promising! A strikeforce of Murphy, Cureton and Doidge is very good and when all are available we will have no problem scoring goals. Really pleased with the squad we've got and Burnett says another winger should be in soon on loan, so plenty of depth in most areas i think! Only position I think we're lacking is LB, Connors isn't quite there to play a full season, so let's hope Green is good enough to make the step up, if not we might need to bring in someone else, but I'm not overly concerned about that. We'll do well to get something from the game tomorrow, anyone who's going, enjoy it and bring back at least a point!
bearaab

Looking forward to getting back in the country and seeing the team in action now. Just hope we're not flopping by mid October. Hoping from what everyone has said here this guy could be the one to sort our strike force out.