Gillingham FC FA Cup Replay Thursday 8th December 2022

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Eagleman3449

The first two gillingham goals were poorly defended, was was manny doing for the second? Junior was very quiet and ineffective, and that tackle by Phipps was truly shocking, our two goals were great and over the two games we were better than them and should be in the next round, so disappointed that we aren’t. So let’s get the FA Trophy this season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Second game running Dagdale , it's worse then that try 5th game running at this stage of the Cup we have let in a decisive in last minute goal.

Remember Whitehawk at home.

You can't forget Whitehawk away.

We managed to hold at until the last minute of extra time against Mansfield, but last minute none the less.

Add in the first game and last night and you have to think like our defending at corners its in our DNA.

Back to last night . You won't win games letting in goals from your own corner.

You won't win games defending corners like that . Perhaps as we have an achhelies heel in this area it would help if we dont give needless corners away in the first instance. The first goal came from a corner needlessly conceaded by the increasingly useless 3 year Johnson. The second goal Manny should have been with you in the crowd mate and charged the £20 like you were charged for watching.

The third my god well the Manager has to take the blame for that surely. Seconds away from extra time defending what you have got has to be the priority. Then there is the Tacticts . Who ever thinks that punting a high ball up hoping two of the smallest blokes operating In that area was going to pay dividends is relying purely on good fortune, admittedly that Saunders goal did come from such a punt but you are relying on the opposistion being useless which in the main Gillingham were.

Scoring two against a team that have mustered 6 league goals all season should have been enough but alas we lost and for that we only ourselves to blame. Josh missing of a sitter 2 minutes in sort of indicated to me it was not going to end well and it didnt
NBDag

Such a frustrating and deflating result. But I’m sorry, we had this coming. We still can’t defend corners, we are still playing with 2/3 of our bench being either injured or kids, we are still bringing in shitty one month loans instead of trying to get someone in we can actually use and benefit from in our biggest game of the season.

We have had some good results recently, no doubt about it. But just like every other time we have had a good spell under DM, it has just papered over the cracks at this club. It wasn’t actually progress being made. Otherwise we would be defending corners well and playing Leicester in a month.

I am sick of McMahon and his inability to develop this team. Despite what the table says I’m fairly confident that our season is now over. I would just get a replacement in now and get ahead of next season.

Cracking effort from the away fans, mind you. Couldn’t hear the home fans all night and you deserved better.
Mark

Gillingham would be lucky to stay up in the conference and we've let 4 goals in across the 2 games. Sandwiched between that we lost to the bottom side in the division.

Once again we have fallen on our face. It is a recurring theme ever since the manager came in. We are physically and mentally weak. He lucked out with the Manny Phipps partnership and now that is gonna be separated for 3 games, although both uncharacteristically cost us goals last night.

Still don't fancy Hare in a back 3, Johnson can't play wing back to save his life, we still rely on a 34 year-old Weston to do something out of nothing to create a chance. Still lack drive in midfield, Mussa isn't the answer. Morias looks knackered but what option do we have but to play him every game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

That's it I never want to listen to that Manager ever again. He is either taking us for fools or he is having imaginary voices in his head.

He is asking us to believe that the linesman apologised at half time for awarding the clearest corner ever awarded in the history of football. Now I know there was questions asked about the officiating but come on he is either taking us all for complete idiots or the Linesmen really has no idea about the basic laws of the game.
Watch it back Daryl and ask the Club to remove your interview without delay you are embarrassing yourself
jag

Great game. However the problems started a couple of weeks ago Harry Phipps in his previous 2 games has looked a shadow of a month ago I don’t know if this is due to his long lay off he had but he struggled against Torquay his body language did not look good and at Gillingham it was the same again, I know he cleared off the line but after that and the high tackle he was just of the pace, Junior has also looked jaded in recent games even though he gives everything and Manny seems to be struggling perhaps changes need to be made but those players waiting to come back will not be the answer no more negativity from me I thought the fans were brilliant the other evening will there be any covers put on the pitch this weekend to save the game on Tuesday?
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 A harrowing night of excruciating pain at what could have been - reignited hopes for an FA Cup glamour tie dissipating into the frosty Kent sky following a heartbreaking last-gasp breakaway from ten man Daggers' own corner no less.

💬 MATCH REPORT from Thursday night: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... am-daggers
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''