Oh my days how bad was that

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Having seen it again, I'm not as sure as I was. I still think he gets the ball, it's just a matter of whether he goes through the player first. He didn't have to go to ground I suppose. Mind you, most Burton fans seem to think it wasn't a penalty. Anyway, it's gone now. On to the next one.
redboy

The penalty is one of those that gets given to the home team, not the away. The winner is schoolboy defending. Regardless of whether it was a pen, bad defending etc, its just Groundhog Day again. How many times do we concede late goals? Mentally we are weak and have been going back maybe even to Garry Hill's reign. We conceded late in midweek by dropping deep and again yesterday. You can't keep blaming referees, bad luck etc for something that just happens far too often.
Pondfield Dagger

yep a frequent occurrence now for a few years now... 1 goal up, given it our all and then throw it all away in last 10 mins or so...

too naive.. players got to waste time better, and should have made the 3rd sub, an extra defender around 80th min- ian gayle, should have thrown him on looks more than capable from what I've seen...
leewilson

Pondfield Dagger wrote:yep a frequent occurrence now for a few years now... 1 goal up, given it our all and then throw it all away in last 10 mins or so...

too naive.. players got to waste time better, and should have made the 3rd sub, an extra defender around 80th min- ian gayle, should have thrown him on looks more than capable from what I've seen...
I wouldn't even say it's wasting time. I think Wayne hit the nail on the head in the post match interview, we've got to learn to keep the ball better in pressure situations. He said they were just kicking it anywhere. First half we were excellent at frustrating Burton by passing it calmly across the back and into Boucard who himself was pretty good on the turn at then linking play with those further forward. However, 2nd half, there was nothing calm about what we did. It was just a case of us trying to clear the ball. We've got to be better at retaining possession late on in matches when the opposition is coming at us.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If the Penalty was a dubious one and add it to the last weeks then perhaps it a bit of Karma.

Both Burton at home and Morcambe at home last season we got the call on penalty shouts, both seemed on the harsh side to me.

Poor Jack Connoirs has not been the same Player to me since he got sent off last season at Burton. When he first come into the Team he looked a very very good prospect but sadly something has got to him. Teams are now picking him out and perhaps this is unnerving the rest of the defence.

To me the Lad needs to come out the limelight and perhaps go out on loan for a couple of months and hopefully rediscover himself. Sadly he looks as if he has completely lost his confidence and I hope Wayne does something about it before the kid is completely shot.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:If the Penalty was a dubious one and add it to the last weeks then perhaps it a bit of Karma.

Both Burton at home and Morcambe at home last season we got the call on penalty shouts, both seemed on the harsh side to me.

Poor Jack Connoirs has not been the same Player to me since he got sent off last season at Burton. When he first come into the Team he looked a very very good prospect but sadly something has got to him. Teams are now picking him out and perhaps this is unnerving the rest of the defence.

To me the Lad needs to come out the limelight and perhaps go out on loan for a couple of months and hopefully rediscover himself. Sadly he looks as if he has completely lost his confidence and I hope Wayne does something about it before the kid is completely shot.
Big shoes for an inuured Nathan Green to fill if we are seriously suggesting Connors goes out on Loan... the boy hasn't played League football yet. Not certain who is coming in on Loan for any period Connors is away that would be an immediate fit. We can play Partridge there as a stop-gap but I don't personally like the idea of a left back that isn't left footed.
Mark

I can't say I'm surprised but I am disappointed that Wayne didn't think we should bring in a more experienced and physical left back. Oh wait we already had one. When your back is against the wall you need a Femi type who will not let anybody past and will dig in.
SUSSEX DAGGER

FFS Scunthorpe sign Billy Key. Could they not done that Friday
ARNU

Should never have let Femi go.I don't think Femi was particularly happy here under Wayne though.Being replaced by a clearly weaker player like Connors would have left anyone's confidence in tatters.We need a big tough left back and soon.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !