Eastleigh

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

What’s the chances of the game being on given the current forecast?
Dagdale

zero, from looking out my window today, you know the cliche a few inches and Britain comes to a halt albeit to be fair it is more of a problem when its minus 4 plus with ice under the snow, we do have an excellent pitch now though
ThatRoundThing

GAME OFF!!
ARNU

Normally call the games off because the roads leading to the ground and the area surrounding are potentially dangerous. Dagenham don't want negligence claims from people slipping on the ice.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:18 pm GAME OFF!!
Thanks. Just seen.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:31 pm Normally call the games off because the roads leading to the ground and the area surrounding are potentially dangerous. Dagenham don't want negligence claims from people slipping on the ice.
So if I'm walking to Tesco's slip and fall on the ice I can make a claim against Tesco :lol:

Can't see Saturday going ahead given the continued freeze, probably be played Next Tuesday.
ARNU

I'm not saying you'll get anywhere but if you stack it in the sieve on an icy terrace there are those that might pursue such a claim. I'd understand the club bearing those sort of things in mind. If you stack it in Tesco's you might well get a successful claim in if you can prove negligence.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

if i remember right, the pitch cost over £100k, mostly funded by west ham because of the west ham ladies team, therefore you think the pitch would be ok. must be because of surrounding streets, etc,
len

The pitch cost vastly more than £100k and has been fantastic but unless you have understood heating it does not stop it freezing when it is as cold as this for so long.