Hartlepool

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger Steve

Chigwellian wrote:
radiostu wrote: I even came across a people carrier full of people who were completely lost and had been for over an hour, their English wasn't great so I had to speak with their friend in Peterborough, on the phone, to let him know where they were, so he could give directions in their lingo.
Should have directed them to Dover..... Oh, they probably didn't have a valid passport between them!
Think you want the Daily Mail fourm mate.
Dagdale

Fantastic night and really enjoyable two day beano, what a great drink especially after the game in the Jackson Ward spoons pub celebrating, even pools fans wanted to join in and thankfully always find us good crowd to get on with. Getting the early goal was a real blessing and yes they are well deflated, but we, at last held tight and my god O'Brien pulled out a couple of really great saves, even young Jack pulled up a better display. Hope now we can move up and see the team blending in well and get some good results behind us especially at home. Yes 70 daggers there was pretty surprising, and I even thought we sung out the ground better than the Saturday last season, their mob was desperately in no voice to feel like giving us a match. Absolutely great to see Wayne get on that field quickly at final whistle and to egg on players to acknowledge us after the match, wont forget it for a long time, great gesture. Also really hope this lot don't go down because this place just always seems a friendly and easy place to move around, everything is quite central and worth two days off work!
Chigwellian

Dagger Steve wrote:
Chigwellian wrote:
radiostu wrote: I even came across a people carrier full of people who were completely lost and had been for over an hour, their English wasn't great so I had to speak with their friend in Peterborough, on the phone, to let him know where they were, so he could give directions in their lingo.
Should have directed them to Dover..... Oh, they probably didn't have a valid passport between them!
Think you want the Daily Mail fourm mate.
Lol.... I do read the daily mail
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Fantastic night and really enjoyable two day beano, what a great drink especially after the game in the Jackson Ward spoons pub celebrating, even pools fans wanted to join in and thankfully always find us good crowd to get on with. Getting the early goal was a real blessing and yes they are well deflated, but we, at last held tight and my god O'Brien pulled out a couple of really great saves, even young Jack pulled up a better display. Hope now we can move up and see the team blending in well and get some good results behind us especially at home. Yes 70 daggers there was pretty surprising, and I even thought we sung out the ground better than the Saturday last season, their mob was desperately in no voice to feel like giving us a match. Absolutely great to see Wayne get on that field quickly at final whistle and to egg on players to acknowledge us after the match, wont forget it for a long time, great gesture. Also really hope this lot don't go down because this place just always seems a friendly and easy place to move around, everything is quite central and worth two days off work!
Was a great couple of days friend was it not. £1.75 a pint is better then getting wacked round the face with a wet fish.

Really is fast becoming one of my fav Away trips especially as the wind did not blow.

Really great effort by Everybody to get behind the Team why we cant generate such a noise at home remains a mystery.

Great response from the lads by we still need to improve our ball retention as we cant keep giving it away so cheaply. Mention of our Opponents having 15 corners has to be put into context, imo at least 5 were avoidable and cheaply given away.

Big shout to Matt Partridge who stood up well I thought, a little shaky at times but on at least three occasions I thought he was given the ball when he did not need want it.

Also vast improvement from the Goalkeeper.

In all honesty our opponents look in a bit of a mess and it was an ideal time to play them,how that Striker is worth a million ,twice the value of Gayle when he was at this level, is laughable.

You can only beat however what is put in front of you and we did that efficiently enough.
NickMurphy

Got back in not long ago after staying overnight, great three points for us. Totally deserved as well, a few hairy moments early in the second half but other than that I think we were good value for the three points. Big thank you to Scott Flinders for the first mind, made a nice change that he wasn't a brick wall to us this year.

As others have said, Hartlepool is a great away game and hopefully they won't go down, although I don't think they will anyway. Slightly surreal having a drink with the chairman after the game as well. The Geordie Daggers were all great as well, imagine we'll be seeing them again at Carlisle and York later on in the season.

Good all round team performance, very happy with Partidge and Cureton especially - two superb acquisitions over the summer.

Onwards and upwards!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Totally agree Nick about Partridge the only problems he had all night were the ones we gave him. My only concearn would be that he lacks a little bit of pace but he was solid . Nothing needs to be said about Jamie the second goal is down to his vision . Last season Abu had a similar chance at one all and after a fantastic tackle by the full back we ended up losing the game,last night he buried it and we won funny how thing replicate themselves.

Hope Hartlepool do stay up but they do have big problems.