Woking..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Reckon it'll be a pretty tough match this afternoon - hopefully we'll give them a decent game.

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-NL5ZNIektPqwaiC2geM

C'mon you Daggers!!
BB-Dagger

A poor first half with Woking running us ragged with their intensity and pressing, they forced us into silly mistakes and if not for Justham we could have been at least 3 down at half time.
I thought Taylor was once again very poor and deserved to get subbed at half time, second half with Phipps and McCallam we looked a bit better but so many times we just hoof the ball out only to be put back under pressure immediately, we looked second best and deserved nothing.
One point that I thought was out of order was as the half time whistle went, a couple of guys in the sieve gobbling off at Johnson and getting a deserved mouthful back, what is it with some retards that makes them think they can give such abuse?
stanton101

Unfortunately we didn't give them a game at all. We were outnumbered in midfield from the start and couldn't get the ball. Glaringly obvious to all apart from the man in charge.
To keep Phipps on the bench at the start was mind blowing to say the least. Woking deserved the win but their tactics at time wasting and the ineptitude of a quite horrific referee just added to a woeful days football.
On to Aldershot and a win might put us in the playoffs, how, I really don't know.
RM1Dagger

Funny, we always seem to save our worst performances for our biggest games..Only one true moment of quality produced our undeserved goal out of nothing, but instead of giving us momentum, Woking continued to completely control the game and looked like adding to their total. And as we someone else said if not for Justham (who was CLEARLY out MoTM) would have been worse.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Todays game is a reality of where we are and how far behind the top sides we really are, how’s has this been allowed to happen oh yeah lack of ambition throughout the club despite the money to suggest otherwise.

Accept mediocre get mediocre FC.
steeevooo

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:46 pm Todays game is a reality of where we are and how far behind the top sides we really are, how’s has this been allowed to happen oh yeah lack of ambition throughout the club despite the money to suggest otherwise.

You mean that two 1-0 victories against relegation almost-certainties Maidstone didn't actually make us a world beating team?!
Kevin

Men against boys out there today..

:blink:
RomfordDagger91

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:53 pm A poor first half with Woking running us ragged with their intensity and pressing, they forced us into silly mistakes and if not for Justham we could have been at least 3 down at half time.
I thought Taylor was once again very poor and deserved to get subbed at half time, second half with Phipps and McCallam we looked a bit better but so many times we just hoof the ball out only to be put back under pressure immediately, we looked second best and deserved nothing.
One point that I thought was out of order was as the half time whistle went, a couple of guys in the sieve gobbling off at Johnson and getting a deserved mouthful back, what is it with some retards that makes them think they can give such abuse?

Don’t be so stupid the team were rightly booed off at half time. Johnson took this to heart and reacted to the fans. We have paid our money to watch and have every right to voice an opinion. Personally I am sick and tired of us bottling a play off place it repeatedly happened last season and continues to happen this season. Bear in mind our owners have told us for the last 3 years it’s play offs or bust.
Dagdale

Quite surprised how Woking under Sarll have come to be quite a force, a side that plays to a good shape and seems every player knows how to fit and work to his system and an attractive one at that, even though when we got our goal which was a very good move and probably the only bright spot of the afternoon, their keeper Ross felt the ball for the first time? I thought they had it well controlled, but we do seem to dig in and try to battle on and every time I watch Westy stuns me how he still has so much to give and a menace to the opposition
RayleighDagger1986

Dagdale wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:29 pm Quite surprised how Woking under Sarll have come to be quite a force, a side that plays to a good shape and seems every player knows how to fit and work to his system and an attractive one at that, even though when we got our goal which was a very good move and probably the only bright spot of the afternoon, their keeper Ross felt the ball for the first time? I thought they had it well controlled, but we do seem to dig in and try to battle on and every time I watch Westy stuns me how he still has so much to give and a menace to the opposition
Weston is quality but today went missing a lot throughout. He's been playing regularly and I recall some months back that McMahon would like to rest him more often. The question here is how long can Westie maintain playing at this level?
RampantDuke

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:46 pm Todays game is a reality of where we are and how far behind the top sides we really are, how’s has this been allowed to happen oh yeah lack of ambition throughout the club despite the money to suggest otherwise.

You beat me to it Dog.

Today was a massive wake up call for this club (or at least it should be). When the owners came in they promised great things, with talk of our time in the National League being a mere footnote as we establish ourselves as a football league outfit.

Nearly 5 years on and we have just been outplayed, outfought and out-thought by Woking in the National League, a club with considerably less financial resource than us and, judging by their away support (yes I know there were train strikes but the roads were definitely open today) a declining fanbase compared to their glory days of the mid 90's.

How has this happened? Dog hit the nail on the head. We have a culture of mediocrity at the club and an acceptance that failure is kind of OK. The owners have put a lot of money into the playing side and improved the ground a bit but where they have got it completely wrong is their inability to spot mediocrity at the top. We have a very mediocre MD, a bloke who loves the club and does his best but would any other Non-League outfit want him anywhere near them? Not a chance. Compare that with the Wrexham owners who immediately got rid of the incumbent (also a good bloke with his heart in the club) and got in the man who used to run the Football League. That's called ambition.

Under the MD is a very average manager. Would Darryl be wanted by any top non-league club after his recent performance at the Vic, especially with the money he has had at his disposal. In 5 seasons we have been stuck in mid table, unable to beat many of the sides above us. A top class manager at this level would surely get a better tune from this squad or at least come in and get rid of the dead wood. There are no leaders in this team and that has to be a failure of the manager.

The owners are conspicuous by their absence now too. What has happened to the regular visits by the US cheer leading squad or even Peter and Craig themselves? Feels like they are losing interest and have practically handed over the keys to Thommo to do what he wants with the club.

I would love to be proven wrong and see the owners grow a pair, make a brutal but much need sweep at the top of the club, bring in some real experience and talent to guide us to the next level, but I just don't see it happening. If they do pack it in and sell us on then I think we will spend the next 20 years looking back at an incredible missed opportunity and that is a very sad thought......
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
BB-Dagger

RomfordDagger91 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:45 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:53 pm A poor first half with Woking running us ragged with their intensity and pressing, they forced us into silly mistakes and if not for Justham we could have been at least 3 down at half time.

Don’t be so stupid the team were rightly booed off at half time. Johnson took this to heart and reacted to the fans. We have paid our money to watch and have every right to voice an opinion. Personally I am sick and tired of us bottling a play off place it repeatedly happened last season and continues to happen this season. Bear in mind our owners have told us for the last 3 years it’s play offs or bust.
Stupid!! There’s a difference between voicing an opinion and ignorant verbal abuse, I can get as pissed off as anyone with the team at times and I was also booing at the end of the first half, but I have standards the same as most decent people have, by your response I can only presume that you were one of the retards in question.
RomfordDagger91

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:08 pm
RomfordDagger91 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:45 pm

Stupid!! There’s a difference between voicing an opinion and ignorant verbal abuse, I can get as pissed off as anyone with the team at times and I was also booing at the end of the first half, but I have standards the same as most decent people have, by your response I can only presume that you were one of the retards in question.

I only heard booing at half time. The only time I heard abuse is when Johnson threw his toys out of the pram. We have a right to voice an opinion we go to work so we can spend our wages watching those bottle jobs if we want to boo we can. People like you are the problem with this club. They need to be told when things aren’t good enough. We have a MD that doesn’t care about winning games of football all he cares about is a pound note. I don’t want to be messing about in this poxy league. If the management had any bollocks he would have been sacked at he end of last season OR after the disgrace that was Notts County at home OR the even bigger disgrace Dorking away. I don’t care what anyone says finishing 8th IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We are so happy to accept mediocrity well I ain’t I want better for this football club. You resort to name calling as you don’t have a leg to stand on. We have been taken for idiots long for to long you might be happy with it but I’m not.
stanton101

Sadly I think Rampantduke hit the nail firmly on the head with an excellent post. Woking showed what can be done on a limited budget, at times it was embarrassing. Money has been squandered on players that are simply not good enough and contracts have been handed out with impunity. The culprits are well known to the fans and I think if the American's haven't cottoned on by now who they are then perhaps football is not the sport for them. What baffles me is how successful businessmen like them are allowing this to continue whilst turning a blind eye, it beggars belief. I can understand the frustrations of the fans, at being outclassed by a decent side but perhaps a better tack would be to direct the anger at those who are culpable for our situation.
You can have all the heart in the world, but when you're not good enough, or lacking that bit of quality on the pitch, you'll inevitably come unstuck.
It's not the players fault, they'll only go where they can to earn a living, it's the people who give them the opportunities to earn that living that should be held accountable.
We all know who they are, it's just a pity our friends from over the pond can't see it.
Diggerthedog

Some great posts and it’s what most people think now, this club will never move forward and despite claims it has by the manager and MD we can all see they’re in it together and to save only their own bacon.