Yeovil..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Reckon it'll be a tough one today..we'll have to break with recent tradition & be pretty ruthless in front of goal, as Yeovil don't seem to be giving too many chances away since Mark Cooper took over..

https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-NMoFE3UEQZH_sraDRtd

COYD
Daggerfan

Well that’s not happened. It’s half time and we’re 1-0 down with Phipps sent off. Why does this manager never learn. :banghead:
Diggerthedog

The manager is doing a brilliant job, just ask the MD.
Don Beech 3

Was that a red card? Where watching from it looked like he went for the ball so on the Double Jeopardy shouldn't have been sent off?
RampantDuke

Regardless of the penalty/red card incident, we were terrible for the first 30 minutes before that and once again it's given this sub standard manager and his mate upstairs a great excuse as to why we lost. This team/club is going nowhere. Another wasted season. Where are the owners by the way? They don't seem to give a monkey's about what is happening. Good crowd today - not many will come back and watch that shower of s**t.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
DaggerJoel11

A truly awful team who hadn't won away from home, and it showed because they were there for the taking even with ten men. We were certainly gifted a golden chance to do so, falling to the man we would most want at the minute in Josh Walker but his decision to continually shape inside and invite bodies back to block was mind-boggling.

We were still probing in the second half when they hit a screamer out of the blue, the deserved consequence from constantly backing off to let them shoot outside the box.

Unfortunate to potentially lose Ling and Hare on top of Phipps, whose concession of the penalty and simultaneous red card was careless. However, it can't be pinpointed as the sole reason we got beat because even beforehand we were extremely poor.

All in all a brilliant chance scuppered to put distance between ourselves and the chasing pack behind.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mark

We're two bad results away from the bottom half.

I just can't get excited about this season despite our 'playoff position' because we hardly ever play well, we hardly ever play on the front foot, and we lob in a terrible result every few weeks.

Three years the manager has been here and we still have glaring issues. Sam Ling is our best left back despite being a right back. Rance plays every week this season but wouldn't get a game at any top half side. Weston the only player who can beat a man. Start almost every game like we're too busy worrying about the opponent to actually do anything positive. It is crap.

Yeovil were little better than Maidstone tbh. There for the taking, offered nothing, even with a man advantage they barely came out of their half. But still enough to beat us.
Auntie Merge

I was talking to others today.

When was the last time you came away from a Daggers game where we won and you didn’t feel like you’d been dragged through a hedge backwards?

I really wish we weren’t in a playoff position because it is so false- we are appalling and will get mauled against any decent side. At least we only need around 16 more points to avoid relegation.

I also continue to question Daryl.
We knew we were going to have a big crowd today. Yet once again the manager fails to raise the team to come out fighting.
These games are must win games; even if 1% of the extra support came back to the club, it would help us. But on today’s performance would you come back?
Mick Dagger

On the plus side Rance had a much better second half. :wink:
Diggerthedog

It’s so frustrating to know we have the financial backing to do so much better, look at Barnet and Woking with decent managers but smaller budgets. McMahon said he would change the club and he just hasn’t done that we’re very weak in all areas of our play, worse part is mentally and out inability to turn games around one win from a losing position this season is pathetic.

We’re so close to the play offs but will inevitably fall short, the MD tells the owners all is well and clearly they have no clue about football just like him or this simply this would not be happening season after season. Only an idiot would say all is well watching this utter tactical disasterclass week after week. Clueless in all the important areas.

I would tweet the owners who are now non existent on social media (and at games) and tell them to go get Danny Cowley just to give us a chance but what’s the point anymore. This should be the job of the MD, he should be telling them it’s really not good and if we’re to have a chance at play offs and actually competing in them an immediate change is necessary. But no we will just carry on like everything is rosy, same old dagenham we’re still sh!t but have just been gold plated.

Check out our summer signings to see how utterly clueless this club is top to bottom.
RampantDuke

Actually Mr Dog, I would suggest that the more tweets we all send directly to the owners, the more chance we have of them listening. They are shielded from the truth by the MD who has a first class degree in 'managing up'. I have sent a tweet to ask them to read this forum to get a feel of the mood music. Will it work? No idea but surely it is better than doing nothing and just moaning on here. Any other club in the country would have sacked McMahon by now. If he had got us to this position on a shoestring then we would all be over the moon but the owners have pumped in money which has been wasted time and time again by the management. I would rather see a squad of cheaper players busting a gut for a high quality manager.
Eagleman3449

We appear to have lost our passion, which always seemed ingrained in Dagenham sides, but I thought the referee was quite diabolical on Saturday one of the yellows he gave to Yeovil should definitely been red,
As already said we are poor in to many areas, some players bring nothing to the table, anyway see you at Wealdstone next week, meanwhile I’m off to the ice hockey to see the raiders v hull , if you’ve never been to ice hockey, it’s Sunday 5-15 at the sapphire in Romford.
Dag82

You know a good Manager doesn't blame the ref for losing at Home to a team that hasn't won a SINGLE AWAY GAME all season............ McMahon went staright there though did'nt he.
Absolute Fraud of a Manager, he 's been here 3 years now, and we still have the same basic fundamental obvious problems that were there 12-18 months ago.
How many of our supporters really believe this manager is ever going to get close to getting us back out of this league ?, probably close on Zero.
Just a few good points from this thread:
We have no passion on the pitch, CORRECT we are a soft touch.
Transfer dealings, just this season, just look at the fiasco of Mussa, he was the big signing of the summer wasn't he, yet about 5 minutes into the season, he's out the team, and has never been back in properly since, he also somewhere along the line changed into a "work in progress" instead of the great talented impact player that they were crowing about nicking from under the noses of Southend................. what complete incompetence.
Who scouted him ?, who went to the owners and persuaded them to part with THERE Money, to invest in a player, who in next to no time was considered WORSE than what we already had.
Yet nobody is to blame are they, at Mediocrity FC.
Mistake after mistake, on and off the pitch, yet there seems to be no accountability & no pressure to achieve any other target than not getting relegated.
That's the real target isnt it, because the only time the ownership have acted in there time, is when Taylor looked like he was going to send us down.
I wonder what will happen after this season, when we have undoudtedly failed to finish in the play off spots again, for the 3rd season in a row under this manager ?, what will they say or do then ?....... I am betting NOTHING, oh apart from maybe another new contract extension.
RampantDuke

If McMahon gets a contract extension at the end of this season then, like many people, I am giving up my season ticket. If the club is in a state of inertia and inaction then perhaps a huge drop in season ticket sales might wake them up. Nobody will like to hear this, and I'm not advocating a return, but we all know that under John Still this bunch of players would be a lot more organized and difficult to beat. There must be another quality manager out there like JS who can get a tune out of this bunch of overpaid slackers?
Diggerthedog

McMahon has another year to run on his contract, you would think after 3 years of failure they would bin him anyway but we all know there is little chance of that.