Solihull Moors

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chalky69

I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but we won yesterday with two brilliant goals. Not one comment on here and yet when we lose the forum is flooded with critical comments. That must say something about the people that use this forum!
Mark

Football fans love to moan, I know I do. :grin:

Thought yesterday was much like many of our performances - scrappy, underwhelming. Two major differences though - one player produced two moments of quality way above anything else on the pitch, and we actually showed some meanness to keep them out in the last 15.

It certainly helped that the manager picked our best defence and shape, which is a rare occurrence.
Kevin

Well pleased with the win :thumbu:

Great that Effiong bagged a couple of great goals too! Not going to get too carried away after only a match & a bit from him...but hopefully if he can show that mixture of effort, strength & ability he'll be a welcome addition..

Goals from the game on YouTube.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rFQRr3048w&t=133s
McLeansvilleAppFan

Mark wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:04 pm Football fans love to moan, I know I do. :grin:

I think that transcends every sport that has a fan following. I tend to get passive aggressive about it and self-deprecating but same difference. Notice all the thread titles I had going for most of the year to start a match thread.

It is either complain about sport I am following or the state of the economy (I do that as well) but like to spread my disdain around as much as possible.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dag82

Chalky69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:53 pm I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but we won yesterday with two brilliant goals. Not one comment on here and yet when we lose the forum is flooded with critical comments. That must say something about the people that use this forum!
Have you seen us play much this season ?.
Would love to hear your view on our previous 7 perfomances before yesterday.
steeevooo

Lets also be realistic here - two moments of brilliance from Effiong really papered over a lot of cracks yesterday. On another day that would have been a contender for one of the most boring nil nils in recent years - two very poor teams largely negating each other in a match that, at times, seemed almost like a pre season friendly. Certainly not complaining about the victory, but it really wasn't a great performance by any stretch!
Diggerthedog

Chalky69 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:53 pm I don’t know if anyone’s noticed but we won yesterday with two brilliant goals. Not one comment on here and yet when we lose the forum is flooded with critical comments. That must say something about the people that use this forum!
It must say something about you that you hardly ever post and clearly didn’t read the comments on the other thread about the game and only really fancied a dig at the regular posters who keep this place alive because we won a game.
Mick Dagger

steeevooo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:16 am Lets also be realistic here - two moments of brilliance from Effiong really papered over a lot of cracks yesterday. On another day that would have been a contender for one of the most boring nil nils in recent years - two very poor teams largely negating each other in a match that, at times, seemed almost like a pre season friendly. Certainly not complaining about the victory, but it really wasn't a great performance by any stretch!
Agree with this. Although I thought they were slightly the better side. I would like to know the reasoning behind why Weston or Morias were not substituted.
RM1Dagger

Yep as noted by others, the game has been commented on on another thread but I suppose the lack of a team's name in a separate post (as per normal) means the OP didn't notice.

I also thought Solihull were slightly better; quite neat and tidy in possession without creating much. However, two moments from the big guy, the second of which has to be the best goal over there in years!
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

So one swallow does a Summer make.

Given up to be honest and yesterday goes nowhere near the anger I felt Tuesday night along with the other 34 who had a full view of the goings on.

We are still far far to light in midfield , simply not quick enough in this area. Bit of an improvement when Mo came on because until then we gave them to much space . As for Nick Haywood ( lead singer of Haircut 100 ) at full back he gets slower and worse by the game .

Justham won't have an easier afternoon yet we still conceade and it took a worldly to gain a win over a team that threatened nothing.

At least we showed some heart which after Tuesday left me wondering if we had any.

Three winnable games coming up and no excuses Scunthorpe and Aldershot were amongst the poorest I have seen this season, with Eastleigh not far in front . Eastleigh away was another example of not seeing a game out against a team I don't recall having a shot until they scored in Daggers time.
Dag82

Come on Chalky, give us your positive review of tonight's performance.

We'll wait...............
SUSSEX DAGGER

The new Centre Forward the new darling of Victoria Road may not have scored but he ran around a lot.

Where Macca does what he done on average every other game here, even accounting for his recent barren spell, scored .