Season Ticket: No
26%
Pay on Day: Yes
5%
Pay on Day: No
32%

Total votes: 19
Chalky69

Wasn’t impressed with the ref at all. Made some strange decisions. Continually stopped play when an Aldershot played went down but got up when the whistle blew. Good goals but what a disappointment to concede in the last minute. Everyone backed off and we lose our clean sheet.
Mark

Thought it was another turgid performance not too dissimilar to many others against a very poor side that we just about had enough to beat.

Great to see Ang back with his obvious quality, not sure how he fits in longer term as I don't think we have enough around him to accommodate such an immobile player against better sides.

Saunders was ok, let his man in behind on a few occasions by switching off but he's not a wing back. Going forward nice assist and some tidy play. I suppose that is enough to win MOTM in this side at the moment.

Thought DLK looked shaky again, and Robinson and Rance largely lost the battle for second balls. It's also far too easy to run past or off the back of Rance but we've been saying that for years now.

Great assist by Hare for the second and he made a great block later in the game too. Probably one of the best games I've seen him have.
Mick Dagger

Sydney has got to be worth a start, he who dares Rodney. I thought their number 22 was excellent and will be playing at a higher level than the NL before long. What's the odds of DM getting the Colchester job, I'm told he was considered last time round. Nah, we couldn't be that lucky, could we?
hockley dagger

I was impressed by Sydney too. Big but has some pace too. Only my sixth game of the season due to ongoing health problems in the family and a lack of transport on Saturdays. I thought we deserved the win, certainly a better display than the losses against Yeovil, Torquay and Woking which I witnessed. A very thin crowd. I assume they are counting tickets sold rather than attendees?
Mark

They've definitely been counting tickets rather than attendance recently. Some of the crowds we've had have been worse than our Ryman days in the 90s. No way there were 1000 daggers fans there.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Which ever end you care to cut the loaf home numbers are still down by a large percentage. Perhaps some supporters have taken the advice of a Players girlfriend Auntie Merge, who were told if they don't like it find another Club to support. If nothing else gives credence to your claims about how far the Club have moved away from its fan base that does.

As for tonight , certainly Aldershot look a bit better then what they did a month ago and we took their big goal threat off them in the interim.

Talking of which who ever accepted that clause after paying money out needs sacking without a moment's delay. He Is our player now who we paid good money for.

Not that he was missed. Glad to see Morias not so wide and always looked a threat and perhaps should have had more then the one goal.

Another excellent save from the Keeper mid way through first half otherwise don't recall him having much else to do .

Excellent from George tonight , gone on record as saying that I have not seen anything that matched the hype but credit where its due he looked a player tonight.

Would love to see more of big Sid who's only negative appeared to be his confidence. A few more appearances hope he gets it .

Thought we controlled the game throughout and looked a bit more like it throughout . Any team however who don't have Johnson in it is going to look better all most instantly, his replacement Hare is becoming one of our most improved players.

All in all it was a convincing win ,certainly more convincing then Solihull ever was . Big ask Saturday but after that we need to see more of what we saw last night and see where that lands us
Auntie Merge

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 pm
Which ever end you care to cut the loaf home numbers are still down by a large percentage. Perhaps some supporters have taken the advice of a Players girlfriend Auntie Merge, who were told if they don't like it find another Club to support.
If nothing else gives credence to your claims about how far the Club have moved away from its fan base that does.
I wasn't aware of this. What makes it worse is no doubt that player's girlfriend got into the game for free, and she is telling someone who uses their hard earned wages (which contribute to the players wages) to stop supporting the club.
The more supporters that stop supporting the club, the less money there will be to pay her partner. Oh dear, we will have to let him go. She never thought that through, did she?

Last night's win in no way lets Daryl off the hook. As far as I am concerned it isn't a matter of whether he leaves the club, but when he leaves the club. The sooner the better so we can rebuild for next season.
Diggerthedog

I had that before with a players dad, he apologised to me shortly after. I have no idea why players family sit with fans, asking for trouble. I actually had a player say it to me at Dorking, reminded him he can’t get in the team currently being spanked 5-1, but at least you’ve got a diamond stud in your ear lad.
Mark

In the worst days of Taylor, the wags stood on the terrace with us at Bromley away. That was an interesting day... Plenty of verbal traded.
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:15 pm No Effiong, gentleman’s agreement not to play him in place. Can we be anymore embarrassing.
So McCallum won't be playing against us in April then ?.
What a joke club, Effiong is our player, did Aldershot pay his wages for not coming to work
last night ?, absolutely farcical.
Oh well, only 2 more wins for safety now, things are looking up !!.
RampantDuke

Dag82 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:34 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:15 pm No Effiong, gentleman’s agreement not to play him in place. Can we be anymore embarrassing.
What a joke club, Effiong is our player, did Aldershot pay his wages for not coming to work
last night ?, absolutely farcical.
Oh well, only 2 more wins for safety now, things are looking up !!.
Only at Dagenham eh? The unique club that pays big money for players and then agrees not to play them against their former team. I wonder if a certain Mr Thompson is best buddies with the Aldershot chairman? Wouldn't want there to be any awkwardness at the next National League cronies p**s up would we?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Don Beech 3

Well indeed he won't as he is on loan there. Dagenham haven't made any money from him going, just got him off the wage bill. Effiong like you and others rightly suggest though is a joke as a transfer fee was paid out for him so silly agreement there in place.