McMahon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

Odd timing, but he's gone. Who do we get now? Maybe the situation at Southend will be a factor?
Chalky69

In what way?
hockley dagger

They have a very successful msnagement team, all with Dagenham connections, they haven't been paid properly and there is a winding up hearing next week
DagenHammer87

Southend always sail close to the wind.

I can see an appointment until the end of the season incoming - we're a few wins away from confirming National League status.

I can see someone like Hakan Hayrettin (out of work) who was with John Still at Maidstone. If Southend aren't paying their staff again, it might mean Still is on the move as a DoF with someone in the hot seat for three months.

A decent appointment is needed - there is an experienced core at the club, but they've not been playing for Daryl for months.

Club entirely to blame for sitting on their hands again.

The moves of McCallum and Walker don't seem very well thought out; but it's defensively that we have been appalling and Daryl did absolutely nothing to address it.
RayleighDagger1986

The timing seems strange to me, on the eve of the game at Notts County. I reckon someone is already in the frame and is probably being touted elsewhere, so the club has made its move.
Can we afford the Cowley brothers?
EssexDagger!

Long overdue in my opinion, we should of parted ways after the Dorking & Notts County defeats.

The signs were obvious that Daryl had run out of ideas & taken this set of players as far as he could.
The next months up until now consisted of the same old tried and tested methods being used with the team consistently conceding late goals game after game (& quite regular from our Achilles heel, via set pieces) ..

I wish Daryl all the best in his next venture as he seemed a throughly nice bloke on the few occasions I did manage exchange a few words with him.

but unfortunately it just wasn’t meant to be,
so here’s hoping we can identify the right man and make a solid appointment who can go on a run of victories to get us in those place off positions before we run out of fixtures.

14 games remaining and arguably 6-7 sides from 7th to 13th all still within a chance of nicking a play off spot.
Mick Dagger

The Cowley brothers would be a serious statement.
NBDag

Let’s be real it’s never going to be the Cowleys. May as well chase Jesse Marsch if that’s the level we can get. Let’s not forget the man who will be leading the recruitment. He’s got a small phone book and an even smaller IQ. It’ll be Strevens if we’re lucky.

I’d rather see Mitch Brundle in the dugout than Hakan Hayrettin in any capacity. Absolutely never in a million years.
Dagdale

Inevitable really, don't know if were ever know the true facts but certainly something had gone wrong somewhere down the line, it had got so stale with the occasional bright light of a win surfacing , to lose 6 games in a short amount of time especially to a few sides that were too having dull periods seemed so strange and out the ordinary? Cowleys we'd all pine for of course but that surely be hard to accomplish, Ben Strevens could he be a bad choice? surely with a old boys status with over 100 games under his belt wearing red just maybe?
Keane - DDM

DARYL McMAHON DEPARTS: The end of a nearly era.

My initial thoughts on Daryl McMahon’s departure this evening:
https://fulltimedaggers.wordpress.com/2 ... early-era/
Dag82

Firstly, this is GREAT news.
I don't care why or how it's happened, even if he is off to Colchester, good luck to him, but this club was dying on it's a*se, and the change was desperately needed.
Now, here is the critical moment..... we have to take our time, and make the best appointment possible, to give us the best chance for next season.
This season is done, we aren't making the play offs & we aren't going down, so there is no rush to make a shotgun rash appointment.
Luke Garrard is still the standout choice for me, just think he would be a perfect fit for me, and will energise the whole place.
What I fear is about to happen is that Maher/Curry/Still are not getting paid at Southend, and we have tapped them up, as a nice & easy quick fix.
The ownership need to be HANDS ON with choosing this new Manager, don't just leave it up to Thommo, he will screw it up !!.
We shall see....
DaggerJoel11

Can't believe it. A mixture of complete shock and relief. Peculiar timing on the eve of a clash at rampant table-toppers Notts, which follows the kind of cycle-prolonging win that would usually by him more time, but no...

We are finally freed from the inescapable cycle of continual underachievement he perpetuated, and can now look to a reinvigorated future rather than stagnating in mediocrity.

Really feels like a new lease of life, though whether that manifests how we all hope depends on who we now bring in. After three years of underachievement, this becomes the owners' most important decision by far and one we cannot afford to fail on.

Here is a hastily produced reflection piece on the sudden yet long overdue announcement last night: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... mediocrity
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Blue Hoops

Fantastic news, it was obvious from the results he had “lost the dressing room” and to be quite honest he has been a complete and utter failure at the club from word go. The results apart from the odd match have been awful, conceding last minute goals for a number of seasons now, which have been totally unacceptable.

There is no way on earth the likes of Ted Hardy, John Still or even Garry Hill would have accepted this kind of performances from past teams. Even Peter Taylor (who had very limited resources) would have be even embarrassed by the lack of effort shown by this team.

The Play-Offs were always going to be a fantasy with the likes of Wrexham , Notts County & Chesterfield in the mix. We struggle to beat the poorer sides in the league.

Let’s hope the team can get back on its feet and hope that the Americans can see their way forward again. It’s plainly obvious they need representation on the Board working in the UK instead of just using Steve Thompson as a sound board ( as it is quite obvious that he is stone deaf). Unfortunately it is the case of just not wanting a new manager, the club must be totally re-
organised.
RayleighDagger1986

Dag82 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:19 am Firstly, this is GREAT news.
I don't care why or how it's happened, even if he is off to Colchester, good luck to him, but this club was dying on it's a*se, and the change was desperately needed.
Now, here is the critical moment..... we have to take our time, and make the best appointment possible, to give us the best chance for next season.
This season is done, we aren't making the play offs & we aren't going down, so there is no rush to make a shotgun rash appointment.
Luke Garrard is still the standout choice for me, just think he would be a perfect fit for me, and will energise the whole place.
What I fear is about to happen is that Maher/Curry/Still are not getting paid at Southend, and we have tapped them up, as a nice & easy quick fix.
The ownership need to be HANDS ON with choosing this new Manager, don't just leave it up to Thommo, he will screw it up !!.
We shall see....
Where is this story of Daryl going to Colchester?
Diggerthedog

Finally, let’s hope The MD is nowhere near the recruitment process, hear he is already desperate to get Ben Strevens, can we not recruit from outside his little black book of 10 friends.