New Manager

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Danamite

Who does everyone think will be the new gaffer ? And is there any whispers of anyone hearing who
Dagdale

Probably the biggest decision the board have got to make for a very long time thus is there a need to rush into it? after all our status in this league this term is fairly moderate with the added bonus if we can go knocking down and pleasing 10,000 plus Welsh fans on bringing down a side only beaten once all season we at last have a bit more of a season to look forward too. But my take on it just perhaps a possiblity of Maher or even Currie so could be waiting on that high court decision? Cowleys difficult after how they orbited the Lincolns to what they are today and to far ahead in wage structure I should imagine. Maybe an outsider like mentioned with no connection past could do us proud thinking deep someone like Dennis Kutrieb the guy whose really re shaped the Ebbsfleet to a new level, stood behind him at St Albans City the other night was impressed, stays calm under pressure, transforms his team well in that case to finally easy winners but possibly a hard budge would prefer to see the job out there?
Auntie Merge

Whoever it is, can we please have a club man. Someone who sees the club as a whole and who knows he needs to engage with supporters as
well as get results on the pitch.
lupins

Having met Daryl on several occasions I'll confirm he was very much into the Club and fully engaged. Perhaps he came over different when being seen through a mobile camera
bloke down the pub

Just not very good at this Job.
Lcbdagger

lupins wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:39 pm Having met Daryl on several occasions I'll confirm he was very much into the Club and fully engaged. Perhaps he came over different when being seen through a mobile camera
Good to see you still on here Daryl... All the best in your next role
lupins

Werthers
Mick Dagger

lupins wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:47 pmWerthers
That's original.
Dag82

Let's just hope they take there time & do a proper recruitment process.
We aren't going up or down, there is no real need to change anything quickly.
The only Managers available immediately, are the cr*p out of work one's !!.
Surely better to wait until May/June to get the best option out there.
We will only know who wants the job, if we fully explore all avenues, including those
at the sharp end of there seasons, who will only potentially look at us, once it's finished.
I do understand that this could be far too much common sense for our board....... but we
live in hope.....
Diggerthedog

No managers are sacked or leave their roles in closed seasons so applicants will be fewer. If a manager is in a job and we want him just have to go get them regardless of their position.

They will also want to look at the players we have and who they don’t want and offer deals to those we do, if we leave it too late may/june we will have trouble getting a decent squad together.

Sooner rather than later is best, plus we get rid of McMahon’s yes men who will probably oversee a very poor end to this season, a new manger might get a few wins and some much needed momentum going into the summer.
RampantDuke

I liked the way that we secured Garry Hill back in 1999. Went to St Albans, told them that we were having him at the end of the season but they could keep him until then. Hill started with us in June. Full pre-season, won the league at a canter the following year. Job done. Everyone was a winner. Could we do the same with Garrard?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

Hearing rumours new manager Ian Birchall. Ex forest green, Notts county.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dag82

RampantDuke wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:21 pm I liked the way that we secured Garry Hill back in 1999. Went to St Albans, told them that we were having him at the end of the season but they could keep him until then. Hill started with us in June. Full pre-season, won the league at a canter the following year. Job done. Everyone was a winner. Could we do the same with Garrard?
Good memory Mr Duke, that is exactly what happened, and because he knew the division, and had played against us multiple times.....he already pretty much knew who was worth keeping & who needed chucking, Garrard would 100% already know our squad.
My point is, let's take Garrard as the example:
At this moment at BW he is bang in the hunt for the playoffs, and has a chance of being Manager of an EFL club next season, that's a tough ask to get him to jump to us at the moment, but come May, if they don't go up, and we come calling, then the offer is a lot more attractive, isn't it ??.
You can stay at the lowest attendance club in the league, or come to a fairly local club, with more support, and I am guessing a much improved budget.
The only Manager coming sooner rather than later, is out of work, because they have failed the job/target they were given.
GNB

Would not be impressed with Ian Birchnall, not the fit for the club.
Doesn't inspire me at all.
stanton101

Like we've all been saying it's the bloke in charge that employs these people. You can be duped once, twice at a push but three four times, is sheer incompetence and warranting of a dismissal.
I don't like to see anyone getting the bullet, especially in these times, but if it's to the detriment of others paying your wages and the long suffering fans, then it has to be done. In any other walk of life you'd be out the door.
Perhaps he could get a job with the conservative party as they're pretty incompetent and can carry on regardless of what others think.
Sadly, until a new broom sweeps away all the dead wood, this club will continue in the same vein.
As our attendances have shown, fans are becoming more and more dissolutioned with the way the club is being run.
The buck stops with him I'm afraid.